What is the most painful submission hold?

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Mac Sabbath, Feb 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

question for anybody with grappling experience.

I'm no grappling expert, but I've felt heel hooks and knee bars. Ouch.
    test
  2. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

For, foot holds hurt the most. Heel hooks/achilles locks/ankle locks/toe holds... Might be because I have small shins/ankles...
    test
  3. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

otska(sp) double arm bar
    mark kerr can opener
    tom erikson handchoke
    chin to ur eye- dunno who did it
    test
  4. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

i have a bad wing so i could imagine a keylock on my left arm sucking badly, i can hardly shoulder press 100's for more than 5-6 reps anymore with that arm

i screwed around wrestling with my buddy and shit and i probably subbed him 20 times in a row, but he managed to sink a body triangle in , im guessing on accident, but it felt like my liver was going to rupture while my spine was being slipped out of alignment.... it was very painful and if i had not have turned myself and popped out i imagine it hurting much worse
    test
  5. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

leg/ankle locks i wouldn't consider too painful... they kind of go from 0 to 100 in about a second so you need to know when to tap. if you don't tap early on them yes they do hurt very bad and usually when it hurts somethings about to get injured. with arm bars most of the time you can feel it getting worse and worse and ou can tap when the pain gets too bad but leg locks are dangerous because they go from no pain to being possibly injured in an instant.

that being said, the most painful submission hold would be the coffee grinder.
    test
  6. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

coffee grinder?
    cmon you know better than to be so vague.... there are aready enough obscurities ie necktie and darse choke

hook it up son
    test
  7. Ben Official

lmao yea sorry. i was trying to find a pic.

basically when someone leaves their guard open (or any time when the guy leaves a leg on the ground for that matter- its all over the place), you kneel in the middle of his shin and put all your weight on his shin (his foot can be to the side or toes pointing up, either way works), and at the same time that you kneel on his shin, you pull up on his foot. just thinking about it makes me cringe. its a pretty dirty move that a lot of guys hate tapping to. its one of those that probably wont break your shin, but it hurts like CRAZY and will leave you limping for days. the first time it was introduced to me, i had it done on me 3 times in one night by my friend who teaches at a different gym in my city. the next day my shin was green and i couldn't walk on it. its one of those gotta feel it to see what i mean things.
    test
  8. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Wonder if it'd be as effective on muay thai guys with dead nerves at their shin?
    test
  9. Ben Official

yeah. it is definitely. we have a few of them in our gym and it works wonders haha.

thats one move i dont do on anyone but a select few, though. i'm not big on cranks and pure pain moves unless im trying to hurt the guy.
    test
  10. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Yeah... I was never put in that before but I know how the knee to the shin feels because that's how I'm taught to pass the guard... Elbow to the inside of the knee (which in itself, hurts), push down, pin it with your knee/upper shin (stay low), keep it pinned until you get the rest of your body past that leg... side control... And it hurts.
    test
  11. Odysseus

Odysseus a marvelous muthafucka

wow @ the move ben posted... that sounds painful & mean. im gonna try it.

i was thinking banana split is painful... after all, its ur balls

i've never been put in it but every calf slicer i've done to someone they always go "ow ow ow"
    test
  12. Ben Official

Haha yea calf slicers and bicep slicers are definitely up there too. Lmao @ "that sounds painful & mean. I'm gonna try it" hahaha
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  13. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

For me its the guillotine when the forearm is across the adams apple. i cant stand it. as far as leg locks go there so dangerous you rarely put full force into them in the gym. i've never even had one truly cranked on me. Armbars dont really hurt to be honest. for me its a discomfort and i usually tap before the pain comes. honestly i think its impossible to say something is worse then another because an Omaplata is a move you rarely see someone tap to but if it was completed and your shoulder popped out im sure that would rank up there with the worst kind of pain you've ever felt.
    test
  14. Jesus H. Christ

Jesus H. Christ The Ruler's Back

What's a calf slicer?
    test
  15. Odysseus

Odysseus a marvelous muthafucka

u basically use someones leg as nutcraacker, and your own leg is the nut haha... kills their calf muscle

i go for rolling calf slicers from half guard in practice, flashy mofo

[​IMG]

This also looks ridiculously painful.. a slight tweak of a triangle choke putting tremendous pressure on the spine... apparently it makes the other guy feel like he's gonna get snapped in half

[youtube]dmo7QgUcqRA[/youtube]
    test
  16. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

yeah the calf slicer and bisep slicer hurt like a motherfuck....I used to do a kind of bicep slicer with my two fingers....when you get it right, it hurts alot.

you can fall with a guy and end up in a kind of unintentional calf slicer...which has happened to me in football and just wrestling around with friends...
    test
  17. Ben Official

oh yea... the twisters pretty bad too

[youtube]8enfC5SuBX0[/youtube]

not as bad as the coffee grinder though
    test
  18. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUnYDMXcsKo[/youtube]
    test
  19. *Iceman*