What is the best Jedi Mind Tricks album?

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by TWAMP$iN, Apr 7, 2009.

?

What is the best Jedi Mind Tricks album?

1. The Psycho-Social, Chemical, Biological & Electro-Magnetic Manipulation of Human Consciousness

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Violent by Design

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Visions of Gandhi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Legacy of Blood

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Servants in Heaven, Kings in Hell

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. A History of Violence

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. None, I think Jedi Mind Tracks is trash

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN Guest

I think a majority of the people that answer this will say that Violent by Design is their best album and I agree with them. Violent by Design, in my opinion, is their best album in terms of production. This is especially evident on my favorite track “Sacrifice” which is just amazing. Plus that album also has “Heavenly Divine” on it which is what many people consider to be the groups signature song. Here is a quote that I found about Violent: "The glue that holds "Violent By Design" together is clearly Stoupe the Enemy of Mankind. The soundscapes he crafts on this album are complex, moody, and quite exceptional."..."All of these works, despite being completely distinctive, fall well within the range of the musical themes that Stoupe brings to the record"..."He practically invents a new method of hip-hop artistry."
    That pretty much says everything that you need to know about how awesome this album is.

Now the second best album for me is Visions of Gandhi.
    And I’m just going to get this out of the way early so I don’t have to keep repeating it and say that Stoupe’s production on all of their albums is excellent just not as good as it was on VBD.
    I think that Visions of Gandhi could have been their best album but some of the subject matter is questionable so it doesn’t quite make the cut. The thing that I like the best about this album is the multitude of guest appearances; ranging from Canibus and Ill Bill to Kool G Rap and Ras Kass. My favorite track is “Tibetan Black Magicians” which features Canibus and it is basically a song which contains one hard-hitting punchline after another. Other good songs from this album are: Animal Rap featuring Kool G Rap, A Storm of Swords featuring Planetary, and Rise of the Machines featuring Ras Kass.

Album number three for me is Servants in Heaven, Kings in Hell.
    Now this album has my favorite track of all time on it; it is called Uncommon Valor: A Viet Nam Story. What makes this track my favorite is the fact that the second verse, which is done by R.A. the Rugged Man, is actually a true story of his fathers experiences in the Viet Nam war. (and that is just the coolest thing in the world to me, I read in an interview that it actually brought tears to his fathers eyes).
    I also enjoyed the tracks: Razorblade Salvation, Heavy Metal Kings, Serenity in Murder, and Outlive the War.

1)Violent by Design
    2)Visions of Gandhi
    3)Servants in Heaven, Kings in Hell
    4)The Psycho-Social, Chemical, Biological & Electro-Magnetic Manipulation of Human Consciousness (this one is from way back when Vinnie Paz was known as “Ikon the Verbal Hologram)
    5)Legacy of Blood
    6)A History of Violence
    test
  2. SpAnKy

SpAnKy 플레이보이

Violent By Design
    test
  3. skool ya

skool ya higher learning

copy that
    test
  4. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

it's not hard to answer this question at all.

now if you restated the question to say, AFTER VBD what is jedi's best album? that would be a good topic to discuss.

thier first album had good beats, but the flow wasn't all there yet. visions of gandhi did have it's bangers, but the fact that "saviorself" was on legacy of blood alongside many other fuckin' hot tracks i'd go with legacy.

but then servants in heaven, kings in hell dropped and i was like what the fuck. the beats were more uptempo, vinnie's flow was still nice.

i was actually dissapointed with their last album they dropped, hoping to hear the raw collabo with vinnie and juss back on the mic. but it didn't happen, both had their over used flow. it seemed that none of them were in the studio together. juss's verses were the same throughout.

so it'd have to be between legacy, visions, or servants. and determining the winner by which album i've heard the most and still listen to, it'd have to be legacy. but all those three albums listed are fuckin' dope.

my bad for the essay, essai ...

[turn] ...
    test
  5. DisFunction

DisFunction New Member

hands down
    test
  6. DP Banned?

DP Banned? New Member

Violent by Design

Followed by Servants..., imo.
    test
  7. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

agreed
    test
  8. PiffInDaHamper

PiffInDaHamper New Member

pretty universal

visions of ghandi was nice too
    test
  9. Halfway_Crook

Halfway_Crook Well-Known Member

Visions of Gandhi because of Blood In Blood Out.
    test
  10. HarshZ

HarshZ no time for this bullshit

vbd obviously

but i thought servants was their second best album
    test
  11. This Blog Owns

This Blog Owns I Get Money

Violent By Design...

Easy...
    test
  12. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

Psycho social is my favorite... Paz didn't have the control and rawness that he has now, but the content is fuckin' out there, and the beats are insane.
    test
  13. Anonmuz

Anonmuz Decepticons = Truth

well thats settled, open and shut case
    test
  14. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

Violent by Design hands down.

The beats were fucking stellar..and vinnie and jus pretty much tore every song to fucking shreds; that was def JMT at their murderously beautiful best.

Second best in my opinion would have to be Servants in Hell, Kings in Heaven. It had some great songs on it, and of course amazing production by Stoupe. The only thing I can really knock on the album is that Vinnie used his same repetitive ass flow..

And third would have to be Psycho Social. The beats were so fucking odd..yet ear-hypnotizing at the same time. I really liked this album because it was one where Vinnie wasn't constantly rapping about killing faggots and making his enemies taste the steel..he touched upon more diverse topics (I who have nothing, etc). The alien shit was tight as well..very close spot with number 2..ask me on a different day and I might but this at 2 lol..

I didn't really like Visions of Gandhi that much, had some few bangers tho..but so much of it was just hit and miss to me. History of Violence was straight..not to much going on there. Terror and Death Messiah are classics to me tho..

and I haven't heard Legacy of Blood. lol :)
    test
  15. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

pretty much wrapped up.

listen to legacy, it has some nice bangers in there.

you are missing out "saviourself" ...

[turn] ...
    test
  16. DP Banned?

DP Banned? New Member

Visions of Gandhi and Legacy of Blood are basically the same album. I get them confused all the time because there was no real growth between the two.

Still dope, though.
    test
  17. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

ehh not to me. the beats on visions of gandhi didn't really appeal to me..it was all murder rap..

and numaan i have heard saviourself..but it's been awhile. lol..but yeah I'll check it one of these days for sure
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.