What is the best car you have owned??

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by DontH8me, Jul 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DontH8me

DontH8me New Member

My eclipse GSX so far is my best.

Anyone here have a nice list of cars?
    test
  2. Dokta Zuess

Dokta Zuess Guest

1996 Nissan 240.....

Had 2 tone paint, from green to blue....handed down by my step-dad whom seemed to get a new car every other year.

I'd kill to have it back....but....it's in peices.
    test
  3. Polar

Polar Rep Levels Are Ghey

But thats not a "real mans car"

The list..

past:
    1968 Chevy Impala SS 396
    1987 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4x4
    1985 Chevy Silverado SB
    1995 Honda Civic DX coupe
    1996 Mitsubishi Galant S (wifes first car)
    1994 Acura Integra GS-R

present:
    1998 Honda CR-V
    1997 Acura Integra Type-R

I'd say my current vehicle is my "best".
    test
  4. De'yon

De'yon Hustle Payper On the Beat

my best or atleast my favorite was my 73 olds cutlass supreme

it has a 350 rocket gold engine,the engine is speacial because of the intake, heads, cam, and carb, 310hp stock but I had my carb and timing adjust so that it was puttin out between 315-320hp

the engine was lopeing like cazy and only gettin 4-5 miles per gallon.

I can get it back whenever I want but i have to get a new engine..my dads bout to snatch out my 350 rocket and put it in a 1976 caddy.

I wanna drop in a olds 455 rocket gold big block I think they have like 410-420 hp. I just gotta finde one that still runs and mounted to a good tranny
    test
  5. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

My 96 Supra TT

w/ 3.5" DP, HKS exhaust, Greddy 3 row FMIC, cams, PI 3600 rpm stall tq converter, tanabe springs w/bilstein struts, intake...crossdrilled/slotted rotors, BOV, SAFC....and other goodies... i.e gauges and ish.
    Second fastest car i have owned that ran a 11.6. My other Supra was a 6spd ran 11.4. Didnt like the 6spd more so than my automatic one. I know that my auto would of been the faster of the two, but i will admit i loved rowing my own gears.

My biggest car mistake thus far was selling my 96.
    test
  6. Scrolls-Oracle of Omen

Scrolls-Oracle of Omen *DBS*--*A.B.C*

i miss my 1990 240sx....my baby...:(.
    test
  7. AKay47

AKay47 ImYourGirlsFavoriteRapper

Hey Tigre alot of people try to shyt on Automatics. Performance wise what is the biggest difference between auto and standard. I dont mean fun and its a mans ride im talking about power numbers, torque numbers etc.
    AKay
    test
  8. Polar

Polar Rep Levels Are Ghey

Performance wise, with a manual you can keep your vehicle in whatever gear you need for that power on demand. In an auto, you can only do that to a certain extent. Having a manual is more important in the racing world than anything else. (drag racing not included)
    test
  9. Tigre

In four bangers and such, autos are really not that great.

But when i had my 96 Supra w/stall converter it was a much better drag car than my 6spd. Yet with both cars i was putting around 500+ hp. And my 96 had less hp than my 94 and i still got better times than my 6spd. I say with v8's and the Supra it is much easier to launch the car consistently and run better times.

I know for sure with my Automatic Supra i beat plenty of 6spds at the track. Yet again like i said for 4 bangers and such i think the manual is better. With more power that car is putting out the more i can see that automatics can have the upper hand at the drag strip.

The biggest differnce though again depends on the engine size of your ride. If i take supras for example, i would say the biggest is just the fun factor, really thats about it. I got shit from ppl since i had an auto, but all supra owners and ppl that follow the car know that the automatics are no jokes. And majority of the time, take the same BPU+ Supras one a auto and the other a 6spd w/same driver ability, dont be surprise to see the automatic come out on top more times than the manual.
    test
  10. AKay47

good food for thought.
    Alot of people try and shyt on automatics.
    Im still trying to get the acura tl and i want it stick, but traffic driving in nyc is killer man,when it comes out i just hope they approve me on the financing for it.
    AKay
    test
  11. Tigre

Yeah at the last job i was at i drove the TL-S which was the company car. Nice car, really great car for the buck. But with the weight the car feels so slow, but really smooth and great reliabilty rating. good luck with that purchase.
    test
  12. AKay47

you have specs on the 2004?
    Im trying to get the 2004 and i never thought about the wieght issue.
    I know its supposed to be v6-285hp and there is the rumor it is awd.
    But i havent heard anything about the wieght.
    IM checking the honda/acura forums out now.
    AKay
    test
  13. Tigre

I highly doubt that they will bring a AWD system here. They will keep it in Japan on the accord. The weight is what scares ppl about the new TL as well. They are hoping it will not be the size of the maxima, cause then that shit will be a boat.

It suppose to have the 280 not sure why, i would if it was the CLS so that they could compete against the g35 coupe.

The TLS is going to be a 6spd manual which definitely sparks interest. But WTF is HPT.... i still dont get that shit. But the expected date is about Oct or Nov... and going to be in the neighborhood around 36g's without markup. This car is going to be a good job to compete against the infinity.
    test
  14. Tigre

I stand corrected. It seems the HPT thing is the all new 4 wheel drive system they are going to have. Well damn, way to go acura. Finally the car will not be bland and will be able to stand out upon the competition. But now im sure of a price tag at about 37 for a fully loaded 6spd HPT, navi TL.
    test
  15. Tie Foon

Tie Foon Ruthless

95 mx 6

which is my only car.....
    test
  16. AKay47

damm i cant afford that 36gs unless they give me a good deal on a lease which i doubt fuck!!!
    AKay
    test
  17. Tigre

But that will IMHO be the fully loaded 4wd 6spd w/NAvi version. Im sure the 5spd auto with navi will run about 32g's or so...what is your limit.
    test
  18. AKay47

dont get me wrong i can afford it but i like to have money in my pocket at the end of the month to splurge on you know?
    I have 2 kids i pay child support for it totals 560 a month!!
    right now my car payment is about 350 but i send 400-410 every month.
    I really want that car but i dont wanna be paying like 600 a month I can deal wit 500 though.
    but then again if i get that car im only gonna throw some chrome rims on it and maybe tints and thats it so my mods wont be as high as the mods im doing to my 03 accord. I try to spend at least 500 a month modding my accord right now.
    But my job just like anyone elses insnt promised for the next 5 years u know?
    AKay
    test
  19. Tigre

hahaha ....mine is. Gov't worker. But i need my TS clearance, so now i will go back to working under contractors. And making much better money once again.

But i hear you on your plan. Right now im looking in getting my house so i couldnt go crazy and by the car i REALLY wanted. So i compromised and will be happy cause i have ordered my baby on Sat. and it will arrive after my vacation next week...fun days are here again
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.