What Is Life/ Death?

Discussion in 'Poetry Realm' started by *GeMiNeYeZ*, Jun 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *GeMiNeYeZ*

*GeMiNeYeZ* ~§¤Sweet Shinobi¤§~

Poem I wrote for a poetry contest. Even in its length, it feels incomplete to me... I just hope I win the contest. lol.

==========================================
    Does my father ever wonder what became of his seed?

Planted eighteen years and nine months ago, embedded in the rich soil of my first Earth, my mother's womb. Undergoing different phases of metamorphosis as I grow inside her, I feel appearing inside me supernaturally the things that make me as animate as she, so I decided to mold my likeness of her being. The warmth of her body crafted the strength of my love… and the beating of her heart became my passion for music. Time passes by, space circumscribed, and thrusted downwardly I am out of my red sea and into a world much bigger than my own… so cold… so naked and alone…

Thus began my “life”…

But what is “life”?

Toy trains and cars, Barbie dolls that move from every which angle with her own clothes, own shoes, own… anatomy like mine… then why isn’t she like me? I can hold onto her, can she not hold on to me? If I crawl across the floor, will she not follow me? No… she lies there… lifelessly…

Someone explain this organic phenomenon…

Striking piano keys, the room fills with the bittersweet epiphany of my musical creation… the keys were a little off, but I enjoyed it because I could relate… this euphony became my…“life”… my motive of being alive, the reflection of the many questions about the things I have yet to know of and understand… it’s all mine, under my control… but when I stop, it stops…

If a life can control the music…
    Can a life control a life?

Picnicking with the bird and the bees, the daffodils and pansies, the grasshoppers and other insects I see… we share a common interest: consumption. The insects gnaw on the flowers and then fill up the bird’s belly… while my interest is solely on my peanut butter and jelly…

Collectively, we are “life”…
    But why must one be taken for another’s nourishment?

What is “life”?
    Better yet, what is “Death”?

Dressed in all black, coordinated with the congregation… gazing at the sleek wooden casket containing an organic structure such as my own, inanimate as the wood he lay in… thus do I realize that just because the body is there, does not mean “life” is there as well… now acquainted with Death, I personify him as the thief of my father’s father, the sickness of my mother’s mother, and the fear stricken in all hearts of the so called living… or rather dying…

If this is so…
    I died 18 years and 9 months ago…

So I came in this world just to find ways to delay my demise… to extend the amount of time to suffer in the flesh and mind… to find things in existence that I should surmount so when the day I pass comes, there’ll be something meaningful written in the account… the same way I came will be the manner in which I will leave… born alone, die alone… whatever life is, I’ve… got… to… hold… my… own…

Then I discovered the soul…
    But… what is a “soul”?

Now that, I can answer.

The soul is what makes you… you. It’s responsible for all of your thoughts, feelings, emotions, cares, your preferences, distastes, all of life’s mishaps you can bear… it allows you handle “life” in any manner you choose, allow you to decipher it’s events in different points of views. The influence of your wishes, the producer of your dreams… restricted to the flesh, it’s raging to become free…

It reassures you that “life” and “death” aren’t really what they seem…

Nothing is real…
    Nothing is true…
    Nothing is innocent…
    No, not even you…

The truth is what the soul seeks…
    And the path of each soul is unique…
    test
  2. Johnnie French

Johnnie French Voodooradio.podomatic.com

First word... Beautiful! Now the parts of being inside the womb and the last two about soul and dyin 18 years 9 monthes ago are my fav. The middle kinda lost me but even tho I was lost I was still sucked in and wanted to keep reading. That battle is like of your ego v. id to me or possibly the struggle of emperical senses v. mental senses. I don't know I just know this is a good poem even tho I was lost don't take anything away from how well done this is. Also the end is great very well finished off that's the end of the bottle I finish the last drop and I'm satisfied. Neon Genesis Evangelion... we all have angels but how do you use yours???
    test
  3. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

This was one of the best piece i've seen from you. The first and last parts were really strong. I keep reading them over and over and over. Some many lines i could quote. Great talent, mad respect....

one luv
    test
  4. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

this is inspiring. so beautiful so well described

Planted eighteen years and nine months ago, embedded in the rich soil of my first Earth, my mother's womb. Undergoing different phases of metamorphosis as I grow inside her, I feel appearing inside me supernaturally the things that make me as animate as she, so I decided to mold my likeness of her being. The warmth of her body crafted the strength of my love… and the beating of her heart became my passion for music. Time passes by, space circumscribed, and thrusted downwardly I am out of my red sea and into a world much bigger than my own… so cold… so naked and alone…

^^that alone was beautiful...probably one of my favorite parts of the poem...wonderful! i just feel elated after reading this, it was definitly one of those things that move you. definite display of talent!
    test
  5. *GeMiNeYeZ*

*GeMiNeYeZ* ~§¤Sweet Shinobi¤§~

:) thanks alot... the thing about it is that alot of it is keystyled lol. maybe later i'll break it down a bit in the middle so u can see what i was sayin jf... cuz i will admit, readin it after i wrote it got me lost too lol.
    test
  6. Jamez Xavier

Jamez Xavier In House Producer for FTS

This poem is nice as far as writing ability goes....
    What it lackz in meter, it more than makez up for in creative construction....
    I wish the poem woulda ended on a more positive note tho....
    Starting sad & ending with no hope isn't exactly uplifting....
    but this is poetry....
    I guess it is for the reader to find the positivez where they may....
    Nice job Lesha!!!!
    test
  7. lpoet

lpoet POET

i actually read this at work...but was just bout to leave so i didnt reply....this is one of the best pieces i've read on here in a while.....just an amazing piece from top to bottom...i dont really know what to say....

great job....uP
    test
  8. utsukushikumegami

utsukushikumegami That's Ms. Goddess to you

now that I'm somewhat feeling better, this is truly a moving and well written piece. I can't even pick out a part, I love it all! I expect nothing less from my twin!
    test
  9. Infonation

Infonation Info for the Nation

Hell yeah! You've expressed words that I would of liked to express, everyday, but i just didn't know how to say it. This was perfect, your great, i respect your talent and your skill, as a true documentarian. Great piece!!!

^One world, one life, one love
    test
  10. FukkedUPKidR

FukkedUPKidR Guest

whoa from beginning to end...i loved the breaks in between, with the short lines...really just made the poem alive

great job..
    test
  11. UnknownLady

UnknownLady Senior Member

OMG
    this was beautiful I love it from the beginning till the end
    the way you wrote this goodness I am very speechles

Great job
    I'll be looking for more

Holla

I am out
    test