What is it with women and change?

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by MissAndrya, Oct 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MissAndrya

MissAndrya Evolution is what is.

From continuously moving furniture around, buying new accessories or painting the room a new color, to changing their hair color or buying a new wardrobe, women are always changing something.

I'm guilty of this as well to some degree, and if time and money allowed, would probably be more so.

Why the need for change so often, why the constant discontent?
    test
  2. Caesar

Caesar Natural Aristocracy

Need for constant stimulation/overgrown children
    test
  3. massacredreamz

massacredreamz Active Member

Women do it so men can actually see that we DO something. Besides it makes us feel good inside when a room looks clean and different without busting out money to change anything :)
    test
  4. Alias3000

Alias3000 Well-Known Member

I never met a bitch that walks around with a pocket fulla quarters.
    test
  5. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Because it's hard for them to be satisfied with something for too long. plus they seem to like being involved in things improving
    test
  6. MissAndrya

Maybe they're unhappy with themselves so they keep trying to change the outside hoping it makes them feel better on the inside?

Or perhaps they're just materialistic.

I dunno, I guess different women do different things for different reasons.
    test
  7. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i thought it had to do with materialism and control issues.
    test
  8. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

@MissAndrya

Change is the only true constant. It's not something women invented, but probably would have. Due to the nature of modern life. As much more.

It's also a platform of being in control at least over certain trivial things. Usually when life's the messiest, it's time to change their external environment, before (if ever) trying to fix the internal one.

[​IMG]

Translation, please?
    test
  9. MissAndrya

It's funny, I am an observer (I should have gotten into the psychological field or something), and I have been watching my sister for years now. She is 38, and single with 3 boys. She has been through more....umm....'relationships' than I could ever count, and I notice that after each one she changes the color of her hair.

It doesn't end there. If the relationship managed to last more than a few months, or if she really liked the guy, she changes her home around too.

I know that in an effort to make herself feel better on the inside, she is changing what she can on the outside. I do believe it's a sort of illness, and the results are very short term.

I know this doesn't include all women, or all situations, but it makes me curious.

When I feel stuck, or stagnant, I want to make changes myself. My home has basically been the same for the last 12 years, and I'm finding I'm ready to 'update', or make changes. Fresh start, new (visual) surroundings. They say change is as good as a rest, is this true?
    test
  10. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

^Not all (although many) changes are made out of hurt or trying to get rid of some sort of emotional baggage. Then there are those which make us grow.

I've always thought of changes in my life, regardless of their nature, still positively.

Some changes get turned into a whirl of expectations. Amazingly, however, is how some get captured by new beginnings syndrome. Over and over again.
    test
  11. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

I knew someone who was similar to this with the hair style. I found it, at least with this person, that they would change themselves as a cleansing process, a fresh start, so that other people could see that they've moved on whether they actually have or not. However, I personally believe its more of a lack of direction that makes them try things until they find something that works.
    test
  12. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

It could be about making themselves feel better and maybe about trying to make themselves more attractive to new mates.

Like how some people start working out after a failed relationship.

They didn't care that they looked like crap in their old relationship, which is why it became old...
    test
  13. MissAndrya

I would agree if any relationships were long term. I think in this case it's just a way to make her feel better, feel more appealing. I'm sure going through 6-10 'relationships a year is hard, and one would begin to feel something is wrong with them.
    test
  14. MissAndrya

It's kind of a 'can't fix the inside (how one is feeling), might as well fix the outside to feel better'.
    test
  15. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

test
  16. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Speaking of change...

Today a business lunch got cancelled at the last minute. Since I was completely alone in the office, I decided to treat myself to lunch in the most famous fast food chain. A friend of mine who has one foot somewhere between being a vegan and a vegetarian; only that she hasn't recognized this modern frequent defect yet; always calls it "McShit".

Everything's loaded in paper bags ~ fries, Greek salad and prawns with a sauce. Well, actually, this large multinational company doesn't seem to differentiate between shrimp and prawns, but it doesn't matter since those are neither shrimp nor prawns. It's probably an adapted with added taste of prawns ground mixture. However, when I brought the stuff back to the office, placed it on a saucer and lit up two candles, I had a great lunch.

It's not about ambiance or famine, I actually enjoyed the culinary taste. What am I talking about? The law of changes. Some people will never be able to adjust on any level, to the fact that all you really need is a change. Changes in work environment, changes in socializing, listening and changes in clothing, changes in the way one parties, these changes on the plate...

Excluding the law of changes, which is a result of complete relativity of the world, which also includes our tastes, we'd all be living dull and incomplete lives. We're able to afford the best crème de la crème in all aspects of us lives ~ which is what nowadays a whole series of people are trying to do, but we'll always remain having delight for changes. It's how things work. No matter how the state, the church and all other institutions under them are trying to convince us in exact opposite, whose primary mechanism of success and power is steadily maltreating us.

"How could he cheat on me with her" would be a typical statement of a woman who isn't informed about how the basic mechanisms of the world work.

Those who know that the only constant in life is change and on top of that at least possess intermediate knowledge of mathematics, will understand that happiness in life is a derivative of things that you do over time. By no means let this derivative equal to 0.

My advice, of course, isn't that you have to change your partner, job, car, hairstyle, diet, lifestyle and the country in which you presently reside in. The effect of perfection, happiness and satisfaction brought by change, is possible to achieve in a more elegant, simpler and less radical way. Or not. My advice, that is....
    test
  17. MissAndrya

Excellent insight, Gal.

It's true, we must change/make changes to adapt in this life and world. Change prices to reflect economic fluctuations, change color in wardrobe to reflect the season. More significant changes would be the ones you mentioned (job relationship etc.).

An old, but profound saying: 'If you don't like the way you feel, change the way you think'.

And don't stop there. If it's making you unhappy, and it's within your power, change it.

One thing that will never change, is the fact that we always have a choice.
    test
  18. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

^Precisely, very well said.

"I'd stay right here," would be a statement most often heard when people are on vacation, or "How lucky are these people who're born here..." usually friends said. I never understood that.

Change your life, if you want it! Change it immediately, without hesitation or reservation.

People believe that there's something radical necessary in order to change something, that doesn't make one happy, and along with it a broad range of nonsense attached to it. Nonsense. All one needs are balls. Even ovaries work. In practice, even more often.
    test
  19. MissAndrya

LOL@balls/ovaries. Some of the women I know have bigger 'balls' than most of the men I know, but I digress...

A lot of changes are big enough that they may require starting with smaller changes to work towards the larger one.

In the end, though, it's all possible.
    test
  20. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Lady balls ftw >>

Nothing wrong with taking baby steps in the right direction..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.