What is believers beef with atheism..

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by lyricalpriest, Jan 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

sincerely it was a mistake and i am deeply apologetic for it
    test
  2. JBCizzle

JBCizzle Fighting White Lightning

I'm a believer and I have no problems with atheism. My twin brother is not only athiest but ardently hates religion. I have friends that are Christian, Hindu, Muslim, Jewish, Clingon etc and it doesn't matter, what matters is how they are as people.

There are athiests that are great people and Christians that are total jerks. One isn't correlated with the other.

There are dozens of better reasons to hate someone than their religion. I believe; others don't. It means as much to me as someone else's favorite color.
    test
  3. lyricalpriest

i agree with jbcizzle..

i just had to defend the theist and take a hard line stance..
    test
  4. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

how much of that did you copy/paste?
    test
  5. JBCizzle

JBCizzle Fighting White Lightning

I'm not gonna lie LP, I couldn't read all of your original post. I tried, but then I kept reverting back to the TD and lost my place and said "f it"
    test
  6. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Can JBCizzle be modded for this section? Rationality is of the essence here.
    test
  7. lyricalpriest

cAN U STFU GAL!!!
    test
  8. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Or what?
    test
  9. lyricalpriest

or i will edit your post's :scared:

jk
    test
  10. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

:smh:
    test
  11. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

im starting to regret that atheists use scientific arguments because it seems like when a christian wants to attack atheism he sees science itself as the perfect target.

it does take faith to say there is no god. it's a leap. it doesn't take as much faith as, say, accepting jesus christ as your personal lord and savior. but faith has always been the religious man's thing. why is it you guys let atheists hijack your word? faith is meant to be your badge of honor, yet you fling it at us as if it were an insult. this would be sorta like an atheist calling you a heathen.

as for the objectivity of science, philosophers and scientists have long ago pondered just how it is that you really know anything. like you said its all filtered through the human brain, so its necessarily dependent on perception. there must be the assumption that the perception is accurate. that said, science has displayed its value within this world, whether or not this world is an illusion. if it is an illusion than it is a brilliantly consistent and convincing one. the scientific method derives its value from modesty and simplicity, rather than authoritarian self assurance. if you really have no confidence in its methods then i suggest you throw your computer away.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.