what if i were to tell u, u couldnt even be saved unless called by God

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Some denominations actually believe it.
    they get it from " u are unable by ur own ability to come to him on your own, but by the will of God to be called of him gives u the ability"

Its a heated debate right now between certain luthran/calvinists vs protestant/evangelicals
    test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

If you told me that id think "blah blah blah it doesnt matter" and walk away knowing im right

and not worry if im wrong, because any god that descriminates based on religion, sexual preference, etc etc is a douche and not really much of a god anyway...

and then keep on believing in my version of god because its more godlike and positive and friendly.
    test
  3. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

God doesn't discriminate based on religion for one. God has a set of principles, if you don't follow it, you'll be destroyed. The whole God hating Gays thing is writing in the bible that "men should not lie with men". Not to mention, in order to really be a homosexual, you have to have sex with another man. The bible says that sex outside marriage is fornication and wrong. So despite it being wrong in the first place, gay marriage is not legal, mostly, so everyone who practice it is already breaking another one of God's principles.

God doesn't care if you are catholic, jewish, JW, Morman, etc. If you don't follow God's principle, you won't have hope.
    test
  4. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

if thats true then thats fucked up, god pickin favorites
    test
  5. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

i think it makes sense because it accounts for people like me who can't believe in the bible even if i wanted to. it seems much more reasonable to me to assume that christianity chooses its followers rather than the other way around. the alternative would be your approach which is to try and convince me that i should start believing in something i'm inclined to think is a fabrication for the mere sake of saving my soul from hellfire.

i'm reminded of pascals wager where he addresses those who "cannot believe." i believe wholeheartedly that such people do exist whether the church wants to recognize them or not.

not true
    test
  6. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

it is true. you aren't really homosexual until u have sex, sexual contact, with another man/woman.
    test
  7. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

it's not true. homosexuality is rooted in the attraction to the same sex, not sexual contact with the same sex. the sexual contact is a manifestation of the attraction, which is ultimately what we call homosexuality. in other words you can be completely celibate and still be gay. if you are sexually attracted to the same gender then you are a homosexual.

what you are saying is on par with saying that you aren't heterosexual until you lose your virginity. the attraction is what determines your sexuality, everything else is irrelevant.
    test
  8. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

from a biblical standpoint...it's the actions that cause you problems in God's eyes. I can be attracted to a dog but god isn't going to punish me until i go have sex with the thing.

tbh how do you really know if ur gay until u actually act on it? Same could be said for ice cream, how do u know you like ice cream until you try it. You might think you do but u can't really say u like it until u go and eat some.
    test
  9. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

i knew i was attracted to women before i ever lost my virginity. what about you?
    test
  10. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

well what do you make of this verse from the gospel of matthew?

{5:27} Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time,
    Thou shalt not commit adultery: {5:28} But I say unto you,
    That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath
    committed adultery with her already in his heart.
    test
  11. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

Except the bible isn't the end all. Homosexuality is defined as sexual attraction to men.
    test
  12. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

That isn't referring to someone thinking about it. It cautioning about the dangers of lusting for someone because when you have that lust, it doesn't take much to act on it.

It's pretty stupid for it to be a sin to thinking about someone.
    test
  13. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

perhaps not in society but when referring to the worship to God....isn't it?
    test
  14. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

And losing you virginity/contact with women confirmed it for you right?
    test
  15. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

then the language used is rather misleading, because 'committing adultery in one's own heart' would imply that some transgression (or sin) has already taken place.

i never really thought i was in need of any verification, to be blunt. using your logic i can't know whether or not i'm gay unless i go out and have sex with a man.

but even if i do accept your premise that the contact 'confirms' the attraction, it's still inaccurate to label sexuality based on the contact because the attraction is the very reason that contact took place. it's basic cause & effect. sexuality exists prior to sex, and thus so do the labels we apply to it.
    test
  16. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

The adultery passage is referring to married man's thoughts, and so the only way homosexuality can be sensibly classed a sin is through the act of premarital sex which is why Bible believers put up so much of a fuss over gay marriage being made legal. Because if that happens, then God will come down and molest the Catholic priests at the next transubstantiation.
    test
  17. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

True but as imperfect beings as stated in the bible, we are prone to get these kind of feelings once. The thing is how we react or deal with it. Do we prevent ourselves from being placed in situations where we could act on it, etc but i see your point. To some, it takes more than a simple attraction to be something since attractions can change and nowadays relatively quickly.
    test
  18. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

:funny:
    test
  19. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

if adultery refers to all sex outside marriage including premarital sex then why does it matter whether the man in the passage is married or not?
    test
  20. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Inadvertently, through lack of care or attention, I gave premarital sex (i.e. fornication) the appearance of being a class of adultery which was a mistake I didn't intend for.

I'm not exactly sure what is said about thoughts of fornicating in the Bible, but you would be right in bringing up the adultery passage although it doesn't say on its own that could cover homosexuality unless you also reference the anger/murder bit {slipped my mind somehow} as well which would give reason to suggest this thinking may well run the gamut.

I was just meaning to say that if it had made it into an adultery issue, then it was an issue for married men. But if it does cover everything, then anyone having lustful homosexual thoughts has committed fornication in their hearts. Again, that's not really a homosexual issue except that if they are being forbidden from marrying then they can't not be fornicators as homosexuals.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.