What if Antarctica was the Garden of Eden?

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by x calibur, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. x calibur

x calibur

It is known that Antarctica used to be further north and had a warm climate. there were ancient forests, swamps and jungles, with remains still buried under the thick snow & ice sheet.

many Christians have wondered why we haven't found a Garden of Eden, even though the whole earth is mapped out. I say the answer is that it was Antarctica. The splendor that once was is now buried under an icy desert, ensuring that future generations of man could not return, not even now.

After the Fall, the Antarctic continent split off from the rest of the land. With Adam and Eve departed to populate the other continents, it drifted down to its present location and was sealed under the ice sheets. the Flood may have played a role in this too, though it's up for speculation. In any case, this knowledge of our origin was lost over time, but it seems like the most plausible theory.
    test
  2. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

i thought the garden of eden was in mesopotamia between the tigris and euphrates?
    test
  3. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

We have a general idea of where it was. I believe north east africa
    test
  4. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

The time Antarctica took to drift away is longer than man has existed.

I think its more likely that the myths we have of Atlantis/Lemuria are representative of a Garden of Eden. Atlantis especially seeing as its destruction came about through a cataclysmic event like the eruption of Krakatoa which ended the last ice age and caused a huge tsunami as well as causing the worlds water level to rise. Which to the common observer would seem like a great flood.

The world 18000 years ago during the last ice age. And was probably about the same up until 12000 years ago.
    http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4005/4706862799_a61f07caf7_b.jpg

While most of the world gains some land on its coast here or there. Take a look at Indonesia. It was its own sub-continent dwarfing India in size.
    test
  5. x calibur

x calibur

there are four rivers mentioned. two of them are the Tigris and Euphrates, yes, but the others are unknown. clearly Eden was near the middle east/northeast africa, but there is plenty of doubt. a northward Antarctica is speculated to have originally been wedged against africa and the middle east, which would agree with the consensus of Eden being in that vicinity. and the different geography could explain the unknown rivers.
    test
  6. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

just to get things clear, is the garden of eden where adam ate the apple?

if that's the case, wasn't that up in the heavens?

because they disobeyed, they were sent down to earth individually, in different places?

i don't know, haven't really read up on the islamic concept of the garden yet.

:numaan:
    test
  7. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

i knew i remembered reading this in the qur'an.

this pretty much implies that the garden was in the heavens, and they were sent down.

i never held the notion that the garden of eden was a place on earth.

always held it as much more than just an earthly location.

test
  8. reggie jax

its been a while since i read genesis but i think its implied in there that its a place on earth. like x cali said above it mentions 4 rivers, 2 of which are the tigris and euphrates. and i think i recall it saying something about a flaming sword or something like that god put in place to stop man from returning to the garden, but im too lazy to check right now so i could be wrong.

we were taught in my bible study class that the garden was most likely in the fertile crescent in mesopotamia (modern day iraq, near baghdad), since that's basically a big lush area between the tigris and euphrates surrounded by desert and it's considered the 'cradle of civilization.'
    test
  9. x calibur

x calibur

the idea that the events took place on a spiritual plane is another perspective.
    test
  10. TheBigPayback

It was first "Gods garden" in heaven and he made a replica on earth for man.
    test
  11. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

a perspective which makes more sense, no?

if it's on earth, then why haven't people figured out where after so many years?

and if they have, why isn't it a tourist attraction? everyone would go.

if it isn't a tourist attraction, then it's most likely bombed the fuck up already.

considering it's in iraq (modern day, as predictions hold).

test
  12. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

Or maybe Earth in its entirety is the Garden of Eden. Maybe something like the 4 rivers is a metaphor for the orbits of the 4 other terrestrial planets in our solar system.
    test
  13. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

im thinking the garden of eden is a legend. a place based on a place that actually exist, but with fictional events and area
    test
  14. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

i believe the bible is meant to be taken literally by the authors, so the mention of the 4 rivers tells the location mesopotamia
    test
  15. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

pretty sure if it was on earth, it'd be the largest tourist attraction in the world.

who wouldn't want to see the garden?

christians would love it to prove that their bible holds validity.

any people of any other faith would love to see where it all started from, no?

i highly doubt that it's on earth, but allah u alim (god is most knowledgable).

test
  16. reggie jax

i don't think genesis needs to be taken literally, but i would say another thing linking the eden story to mesopotamia is that the sumerians/babylonians had their own versions of the garden story.
    test
  17. TheBigPayback

thats overwhelming evidence of these events. they all record a flood story, they all record a type of afterlife, they all record a genesis type story...why? because its actual history. just different cultures accounts. to me that means somewhere down the line they all began with the same account. which would give even more creedence to the story of babel.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.