What happened to 'Lord Have Mercy'?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Swaggatron, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swaggatron

Swaggatron Fuck AutotuneBots

Can anyone tell me what happend to LordHaveMercy the former FlipmodeSquad member.

That nigga was fucking sick with it, he had one of the illest, most original and recognizable styles of any rapper out.
    After he left Flipmode i haven't heard or seen anything from Lord Have, and i mean abslolutely nothing, not a guest apprearence, mixtape, radio freestyle, blog, nothing.

I know he was about to drop his solo joint 'The Ungodly hour' there were adds in theSource and all that shit but that album was never released.

I dont know if i've missed someting or if anyone does know whats up and what he's been doing for the past decade but if you do lemme know.

Post links to tracks or whatever you might know of. thnx in advance

YouTube - lord have mercy - paint ya face one of his last joint, i get goose bumps when i hear this shit again, LordHave = the most underrated/slept on mc period imo
    test
  2. Joey70s

Joey70s New Member

Never heard of this guy, but that was dope. I dont get goosebumps though lol. It said 'unrealised album' in the descrpition, any reason why?
    test
  3. Dutch Vega

Dutch Vega G-TEC CAPO! PRAAAAAAT!

I promoted his and Rah Diggas album releases on Elektra Records... after her album didnt do as well as they expected, they shelved his album.... from what i understand he was replaced on the flipmode squad by Roc Marciano... from wut i understand the reason was the same everyone else out of the flipmode squad leaves... bad business... you made me curious cuz i used to like his voice, he wasnt the nastiest on the mic but his distinct voice is something i miss in Hip Hop (with so many skinny jeans rappers out there we get more and more pussy voices... miss the days of the Method Mans, Lord Have Mercys, Sticky Fingaz & ONYX and all the other super raspy voices)... he has a myspace page apparently: LORD HAVE MERCY on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
    test
  4. Dutch Vega

i would like to agree that hes "THE MOST UNDERRATED/SLEPT ON MC" but i dont, theres SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Many slept On MC's: O.C. was highly slept on... you ever heard this?:
    YouTube - O.C. - Bonafide feat. Jay-Z
    i mean c'mon! my dude went IN! Masta Ace RECENT shits been slept on! his last two solo albums were CRACK WATER... themed story telling... craziness... AZ is still slept on highly... Sauce Money just came and went and he spit fire... Nature was my dude! I still download his shit... Lord Jamar from Brand Nubian... EVERYONE loved Puba but Jamar was the deeper nicer one to me! lots of slept on rappers in this game... just about US as fans still looking for there shit and supporting them...
    test
  5. Dutch Vega

test
  6. ruggedness

ruggedness New Member

this is so funny cause i was looking for mixtapes or song of him the other day ...the man was by far the sickest in flipmode..if ya can find anything on him put up a link
    test
  7. Swaggatron

Swaggatron Fuck AutotuneBots

No doubt about it, those mc's you've mentioned are slept on as well, but i do think they've had more exposure propz and recognition than Lord Have had in the past 10 years or more, people know Ace is baws, Eminem even admitted his flow was inspired by Ace, if that aint a compliment/recognition i dont know what is haha

But Nature, shiiit i forgot about him, good that you mentioned him, he was also fucking ill with it, what about him?? havent heard from Nature in a minute either. He killed that DjClue solo joint back in da dayz, plus he was the only one that came close to Canibus on that Desperado joint on that Firm album..

Seems i wasn't the only one wondering where Lord Have's at, i found a short documentary/intervieuw where Premo, M.O.P, DjScratch and more ask the same question.. YouTube - Lord Have Mercy - The Runaway Slave Documentary
    test
  8. Ribo Nuke

Ribo Nuke Audiodidact

automatically, assault and battery we tragically
    batter thieves get slapped to sleep to relax ya beef

lord have was 10x better than the rest of flipmode (besides busta)
    that dude had sick voice and flow, his latest album (4-5 years ago) wasn't great, had a couple dope songs but he just didn't make good solo tracks really.
    test
  9. ScimonomicS

ScimonomicS New Member

he tore down quite a few tracks with smoothe and trigger back in the day. wish those dudes would start making more music as well...
    test
  10. Non-Centz

Non-Centz Member

here's his mixtape.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Lord Have Mercy-The Runaway Slave

here's the details...

01. Intro ( Get Up Lord )
    02. You Better Hope I Die
    03. Until The Wheelz Fall Of pt. 2
    04. Get Tha Fuck Off Me
    05. Fuck You And The God You Prey
    06. Gon Getem Feat. Khryst
    07. Please Party Yall Feat. Ice Pirate
    08. Dunkah Dunk Donkey
    09. Getcha Strut On
    10. These Men Don't Cry Feat. Method Man
    11. I Swear ( I Won't Be Beat )
    12. Where You Been Homie
    13. Runaway Slave
    14. The Sun Knows No Mercy
    15. Temper Feat. Devon Clarke

you're welcome
    test
  11. SpeakEasy905

SpeakEasy905 New Member

Yea Lord was definitely nice, Im gonna check the mixtape

thanks
    test
  12. NiceWithTheCuts

NiceWithTheCuts Digger Extraordinaire

his verse on tony touch's power cypha 50 was ahead its time..he murdered that
    test
  13. Jack Shitt

Jack Shitt Not "jackshit"

He and Chali2na are voice twins. Chali raps betters though.
    test
  14. NiceWithTheCuts

NiceWithTheCuts Digger Extraordinaire

i gotta disagree, LHM is by far the better lyricist. 2na's cool but too basic.
    test
  15. DaiN

DaiN King of New Orleans

LHM was NOT that nice lol. that whole distinctive voice shit is cool, but the lyrics are still average. Actually, besides his voice EVERYTHING is average about him. there is no way i'd listen to an entire CD of that dude.
    test
  16. wizworld

wizworld How can you be mad at me?

One of the illest that never was. I went to one of his shows a few years ago. He claimed to be making a comeback, and was peddling that mixtape that was posted here. The show was dope, he sounds exactly like he sounds on record. I bought the mixtape that has been posted in this thread, but the beats didn't move me at all. Didn't hear anything more, until recently. He has popped back up, and has a website now with a lot of info
    Lord Have Mercy

He also posted a bunch of cuts from his unreleased Flipmode album on youtube, you have to find them. I think his name on youtube is "theelordhavemercy" or something like that. It's a shame he fell out with Busta, I think he would have been commercially successful.
    test
  17. Noah23

Noah23 Plague Language Family

Big fan

he had that track with dv alias krist that was dope.
    test
  18. KingsCourtEnt

KingsCourtEnt Active Member

At first I wanted to blame busta holding his team back and than Rah Digga made it sound that Busta didn't really have much power with the label.
    test
  19. lordhavemercy

lordhavemercy New Member

lord have mercy is back!!

Lord have mercy (ex flipmode) and now ceo of his own label is back!!

check out Lord Have Mercy for further details.
    or message me with your email address and i will add you to the websites mailing list.

welcome to a better way of life

sword and shield records
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.