What happened to Kanye?

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by cDensley, Nov 27, 2013.

1. cDensley

cDensley Member

In your opinion, what happened to Kanye? I personally am a huge Kanye fan. Now, when I say that, I mean pre-My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy-Kanye. I've seen interviews with him, like when he was on The Breakfast Club and Sway in the Morning, and I don't even understand what the fuck he's saying! Someone asks him a question about his music, and he goes off on some shit about Nike and Harriet Tubman. His old stuff like The College Dropout, Late Orchestration, and Graduation were some real shit, and they actually conveyed a message and didn't suck ass like Yeezus. So, in your opinion, what happened to Kanye? Was it Jay-Z that changed him? Was it the whore Kim Kardashian? Was it just all the money and fame that corrupted him? Or was it something else?
    test
  2. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

Yeezus didn't have a message?

Do you listen to music or just skim through it?
    test
  3. cDensley

cDensley Member

No, no. I'm not saying that Yeezus doesn't have a message or anything. I'm just saying that, IMO, I liked the old Kanye. His old music is what I grew up on, and it's what I've come to know. He has taken such a different course with Yeezus, and it's just not one that I particularly like. I'm not saying it's not good, I'm asking what happened? Where is Graduation and College Dropout Kanye? And why is Kanye freaking out on his radio interviews?
    test
  4. Superman70

Superman70 edited

i like all the albums including yeezus but yeah he needs to calm down. wanting to make a difference and do different things besides music is understandable, but he's being pretty unbearable about it.
    test
  5. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

Welll... he changed. People change & he went through a lot of changes. His mom died, he is almost 40, he is married, he is world-wide famous, critics call him a music genius & won a ton of awards.

Musically, Kanye just likes to explore a lot, every album is different.

I personally don't get why people don't like him now. He just seems like he has a hard time dealing with everything a lot but he is a cool dude. Besides, y'all should know not to believe the hype, like Public Enemy said, the hype killed Biggie & Pac.
    test
  6. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

As far as his music goes, he's just more creative and abstract now and less about the concerns of the average joe imo, and that's alienating his fans... people who overhyped him and excused all his flaws as a hip-hop artist in the first place. Not necessarily a bad thing. I think his new shtick is better. at least as a persona, than his original shtick of ironic backpacker and dumbed down conscious rapper.

Disclaimer: I like Kanye then and I like him now... sometimes I get him (that BBC interview was straight) sometimes I don't (out of context interview clips about wtf)... I'm not a big fan though, and he needs something else to talk about besides Paris and slavery. Start making some new music and get his mind in a new place.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  7. koolbreeze1981

koolbreeze1981 Member

I don't know. Nigga is just weird. I can't say I'm a fan of Kanye, but I appreciate his music from time to time. I became even less interested though with everything he's put out post-Graduation. It seems like his ego went off the charts the moment he beat Fif in that album release showdown they had back in 07.

He needs to chill though. He just seems like the type of dude that thinks he knows everything and when other people don't get it he feels its their fault because they don't appreciate his genius. His Yeezus album has been his least liked album so far. And when you combine that with a arrogant egotistical attitude fickle fans will turn on you real quick. People don't mind that type of attitude as long has you keep delivering hits. But the moment you're music falls off is the moment you're fans transform from autobots into decepticons and become you're haters. Happened to Fif and Lil' Wayne. Kanye better keep it together.
    test
  8. Louis Armstrong

Louis Armstrong Yeah, it's me nigga

Kanye had little to do with Yeezus. It was mainly the product of Daft Punk, Mike Dean and Rick Rubin. Blood on the leaves wouldn't be what it is if it wasn't for Tngt.

If anything, he's actually LESS creative
    test
  9. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

People honestly care about what happened to him?
    test
  10. King-Vis

King-Vis Buy Any Beats Necessary

The car accident happened to him.
    test
  11. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

I don't know, man. I don't listen to that sheeeet :comeoneson: Not yet anyway. Just sounds like collaboration, though. He still wrote and performed on everything, right?

Really what I meant was this whole fashionista shit is a "creative" persona, 'cause aside from thrift store hipster rap from the last couple years, I can't think of any other rappers who've made that their persona and muse... that and the decadent, Greek-style Hollywood/People magazine world. That's what's alienating.

Dark Fantasy, and even before that 808's, were other albums that got mixed reception from people who just wanted Jesus Walks and School Spirit. So that's what I mean by getting creative and abstract. I think Yeezus went too far "left" for half the people. Shit, just "blaspheming" in mainstream America is still enough to create a trickle down stream of people distancing themselves from what's going against the grain.

Anyway, I'm starting to go off into that rabbit hole shit, but you know what I mean.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
    test
  12. Kry

Kry Willie Stylus

He's a douche, always been a douche...now he just has an astronomical amount of money, so his douchness has elevated to "rich fuck douche" who whines about problems some people would give a limb to have, which in turn has effected his music cuz his focus is compromised. With that said, I thought MBDF was dope.
    test