What Happened The First Time You Battled?

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by sksugfsmf, Aug 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sksugfsmf

sksugfsmf New Member

I need to make my battling debut soon and I was wondering what experiences you guys had? I wanna make it some unknown club with not hella people, so I can get some stage practice. I'm sure I'm gonna fuck up and choke or something. Did you guys get served? Serve someone? Choke? Tell me..
    test
  2. Verbal Marksman

Verbal Marksman Inverted Speech Syndicate

Me, I signed up under a totally different name. I signed in as "Knowledge", my old name. It was in Feb. (when I was 14 years old), and I won. Not cause I was dope as hell, but because everybody sucked and it was only 8 heads signed up.
    But yea, battling in cyphers is really good help. It FEELS totally different, but the experience will really help.

PEACE!!!
    test
  3. sksugfsmf

sksugfsmf New Member

I'm too pussy, I get scared freestyling in the mirror. Haha, nah, but damn I'd clown that name easy. I'd prolly say "...I'll knock this faggot out if I feel like droppin knowledge"...

Would the crowd like that? I give it a 6.7 on the Whoa meter.
    test
  4. sixty cycle hum

sixty cycle hum short arms, deep pockets

the first battle is exciting. thats what hooked me on it. i finally got enough nuts to step on stage and it went alright, not terrible. the rush was insane so i battled every chance i got. its fun, dont sweat the choking thing, it happens even later when you improve.
    test
  5. sksugfsmf

sksugfsmf New Member

Word. Thanks doggy. I hope I don't bull a Bunny Rabbit.
    test
  6. MiC Da MoSt CoNfiDenT

MiC Da MoSt CoNfiDenT You Done Want None!!!

cant remember, its been a very very long time.
    test
  7. sksugfsmf

sksugfsmf New Member

^Thanks for that information man.
    test
  8. THE m AGE

THE m AGE soon

my first battle I got shot 6 times and died on the spot
    test
  9. diabolicOOO

diabolicOOO how's ya wife & my kids?

i street battled for years but when i went into my 1st organized jump off i slaughtered everyone...u just have to remember when u go in there your one major advantage is the fact that noone knows u or ya steez, so run with it...keep it simple and decapitate everyone...one more thing don't look for weakness attack your opponents strengths

peace,

Diabolic

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

keep ya eyes open for an album dropping around october and check showtime's the next around the same time watch me get jerked.
    test
  10. knowmad

knowmad New Member

i remember the first time i battled... it was so fuckin gay... the other guy was WACK AS FUCK, and i wasnt THAT DOPE but i was still 100x better than him, but the problem was that what i was sayin nobody understood..... ( my lyrics were complicated and deep) where as this mawfuka was rhymin ill, wit skill, wack, with BLACK, and constantly..... and after everyone was like "Ohh yeah this guy won Hands down" i was like O.K.... and it was so bad that he had to write his shit cuz my friend helped him haha. it was @ school btw. make your lines appeal to the audience nobody else. if your audience is filled with knowledgeable hiphop fans, instead of people who pretending to like hiphop, then you know you have to have deeper lyrics. -- just my experience, and ive been battling for a while now.
    test
  11. sksugfsmf

sksugfsmf New Member

^Mothafucka this thread is for real battlers. Not some little ²²²²²²s at a lunch table.
    test
  12. AnDyMaC

AnDyMaC Northside Lyricist

my first battle i was scared of chockin so i mixed sum pre written with some freestyle and it went alright but i stil lost....cuzz i rhymed da same word twice
    test
  13. .:ILLiterit:.

.:ILLiterit:. New Member

yo

my first ever battle when i was 11 years old, i was in a 3 way battle with Juice and Supernatural.... oh and by the way, i won.
    test
  14. SkIP 2 mY LoU

SkIP 2 mY LoU New Member

My first organized battle was at the Valdosta State battle they had a few months ago...A few heads showed up to battle, but I ended up winning 2nd place..Not bad for a first experience...I went 4 rounds in the finals, but I dropped off pretty badly in the 4th round, and it ended up biting me in the ass..Illfest will probably be a challenge, I just wanna go as far as I can. 2 more days, tension is mounting hehe.. I mean honestly, I got so scared on stage at the Valdosta battle, but as I kept going on, I felt more at ease wiht myself. I was really scared like the first round when I first touched the mic, because I didn't know how the crowd would react. I got some + and some - but it's cool. just remember Nimrod, what you see is what you get in battle. Don't sound too hyped up or too laid back-- I guess you just gotta go with the flow. Keep the competitiveness high. Hope this helped.
    Peace,
    A.K.
    test
  15. MC Parable

MC Parable See Ya When I See Ya

Funny you say that cause thats what happened to me in my first battle. It was in 2000, and back then there were only like 2 battles at yr, so this was big. It was at WCRTM3. I actually battled Wrekonize. It was when we were both weak. He rhymed first and it was straight, then when the mic came to me I spit like 2 lines and just stoppped. I gave up the mic and walked off stage. But that rd between us was so insignificant that no-one ever even remembers it and no-one remembers it was me. At that time I didn't know the difference between battling and rhymin. When I saw more battles I got into it, and then I my next battle was WCRTM4 where I got 2nd place against Jin in the end. I consider that my first real battle, but technically it was WCRTM3. I'll have footage of WCRTM4 at on my website next month, so check it out.

www.soulwhat.net
    test
  16. thousand words

thousand words IF YOUR MOTHER ONLY BLEW

Shit, ummm. It was like a year ago. I lost.
    test
  17. sksugfsmf

sksugfsmf New Member

Thanks Para.
    test
  18. DiSs-Able

DiSs-Able Longlive Nokas

have you ever battled on the streets or juss kicked it in a cipher.. the first time is always a little nerve racking.. but once you get into it... its all good

thats just like the stage.. you juss gotta go through those first time nerves n just kick it...
    test
  19. SkIP 2 mY LoU

SkIP 2 mY LoU New Member

BTW Nimrod, Im about your age, so I can relate to alot of the stuff that you are worried about. Hit me up if you wanna talk more...Just try your best not to worry--it is harder than it sounds.
    test
  20. Verbal Marksman

Verbal Marksman Inverted Speech Syndicate

HAHAHA
    It's great looking older, cause when somebody tries dissin me on my age (15), the crowd has no idea what the fuck they're talkin about (Shamako...hehehe).

But yea, like Diabolic said, don't look for weakness attack your opponents' strengths.

PEACE!!!
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.