what groups or emcees have had a negative effect on hip-hop?

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by gotband4nothing, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhymes and h0ez

rhymes and h0ez Twist An "L" For Big L

Their first joint 2 joints were actually decent.. not completely horrible.

They would have been like the duo Nelly
    test
  2. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

How about Suge, i mean i know he aint an mc but i think he had a negative effect.

Or how about Shaq.
    test
  3. TheNotoryousOne

TheNotoryousOne Grown Ass Man

^^^
    Beat me to it. I was about to say Suge too.
    test
  4. D!CK

D!CK New Member

De la Soul
    ICP
    Chingy
    Jkwon
    lil Flop
    Trillville
    test
  5. MiKe RaPhone

MiKe RaPhone New Member

All Down South Rappers....
    test
  6. kyza soza

kyza soza This way up.

Explain.
    test
  7. ILLESTrated

ILLESTrated New Member

All the mainsteam simplistic garbage has hurt hiphop because young ignorant kids dont want to listen to any thing with tallent they just want to hear about ignorant trash that they only can pretend to identify with....bottom line: Fake people fake gangstas. I want to hear somthing uplifting, Meaningfull, or just have a decent point. I dont care how much weed you "claim" to smoke, or how many guns you have cuz you cant fight, or your hoes (I prefer a REAL woman) , or the drugs you "claim" to have sold. a large majority of people listenig to that trash CAN NOT relate to any of it...It just breeds fakers! PITTYFULL
    test
  8. D!CK

D!CK New Member

De la Soul's entire career was/is a waste of label funds. they didn't bring shit to the table creatively but some flowers and offerings of peace in a war torn America. needless to say no artists/groups followed in their footsteps leaving the daisy age to die. They're merely a decent tax write-off, nothing more.

[rwa]
    test
  9. D!CK

D!CK New Member

You're in pain. but to be REAL about this...if it wasn't for all those "fakers" you hate on so hard, hip hop would've went bankrupt years ago. I say, if you bringing home the bacon for hip hop more power to ya'. you gotta see the big picture not the small one in your sock drawer.
    test
  10. SoulFood

SoulFood New Member

Are you fucking crazy?Not only hip-hop,but electronic music would be so much behind without de la soul(prince paul in the reality).Nobody followed there footsteps?ATCQ,The Roots,Common,Black Sheep and in general almost all of the Native Tongues,Mos Def even Kool Keith or Del and paved the way for many alternative hip-hop artists before dr.dre came and destroyed hip-hop with the chronic.De la Soul killed the daisy age in case you want to know with de la soul is dead because they got sick of their then hippie image.God knows how music today would be without 3 feet high and rising.Your arguments are stupid.You probably hate them because you are gangsta rap fanatic.They didn't bringed nothing creativily?There 3 first albums are some of the most creative in hip-hop,especcialy 3 and even dead,there are conceptual albums really.
    test
  11. Max Ayodele

Max Ayodele Godfather

test
  12. DeltronZ

DeltronZ New Member

D!CK is a moron. Saying De La Soul is bad for hip hop is just insane
    test
  13. D!CK

D!CK New Member

Ultramagnetic MC's didn't follow shit about De la. kill that shit.

ATCQ wasn't on that daisy shit. kill that shit too. they was way more creative too.

Mos Def just hung out with them fools his music is leaps and bounds over their shit.

the Roots following De La? kill yourself now.

Common too....kill it.

You speaking on shit you know NOTHING about. That Daisy age ass group album 3feet only had one worthwhile joint and that was "Me, Myself & I" which promoted being true to yourself. but hell, KRS-One and Slick Rick rapped that shit too. So did Run -DMC.

I saw that "Baby Phat" video them clowns put out trying to promote the love of fat women...DUD

Ain't shit they got on CD or wax that I can bump in the ride. Now if I want to bore my nephews to sleep with conceptual albums then they all good. but as far as making major money, THEY AIN'T SHIT.

I'm just telling the truth [chicken]

ps.- LONG LIVE GANGSTA RAP
    test
  14. SmoothPimpin

SmoothPimpin New Member

Ludacris
    Scarface
    Outkast

the fuck outta here sayin they got a negative influence on hip hop....lol people these days........
    test
  15. SmoothPimpin

SmoothPimpin New Member

lol fuck no at people puttin Eminem
    test
  16. SoulFood

SoulFood New Member

i did not said ultra(in fact de la said utra were there many influence).But type of sound was in dr.octagon some times and you can deny the influenece.And you are too stupid too realize that am not talking about the daisy age concept.If there was never de la,this groups or mcs would have never existed(a fact)like if it wasn't for ice-t or schooly d the same goes for gangsta rap.After 3,the daisy age died,something that de la soul did.De la are the pioneers of this style of hip-hop,you know what am talking about,Common,Mos Def,Blackalicious,Jurassic 5,Outkast,hell,even go ask them(the artists i said) and they will even say this too you,de la started this style of hip-hop(at least they promoted it,after the jungle bros etc).I am telling the truth.You are just jealous and you show it,nobody takes you seriously.NWA is shit(in the bad way).I would take Ice-T easily over them anyday.

A bitch is a bitch (bitch)
    So if I'm poor or rich (word up)
    I talk in the exact same pitch
    Now, the title bitch don't apply to all women
    But all women have a little bitch in 'em (yeah)

oh what sophisticated political lyrics.NWA are fakers,they even admitted it,even though Ice Cube is a great rapper.Ice-T is the shit(the good)
    test
  17. SoulFood

SoulFood New Member

how can you say 3 feet high and rising is not creative?Every respectable magazine higly rates it accross the world,every people praises it,and just because you think you are right,then you think you are right.Oh you are the second coming of Jesus.Asshole.
    test
  18. SoulFood

SoulFood New Member

what money has to do with music?
    test
  19. SoulFood

SoulFood New Member

3 feet high and rising,along with pauls boutique,took sampling too new places.It was the most innovative album at the time,a breath of fresh air.

Spin (4/02, p.123) - "...The greatest alt-rap LP ever made..."

Q (8/99) - Included in Q Magazine's "Best Psychedelic Albums of All Time" issue.

Q (8/99, p.139) - "...Fine and innovative....An antidote to all the guns and macho bluster, it was supposed to herald a new touchy-feely age for hip hop..."

Uncut (6/03, p.132) - 5 stars out of 5 - "...The expansive confidence of youth's first flush flows through its grooves..."

Alternative Press (8/01, p.112) - Included in AP's "10 Essential '80s Albums" - "...Their revolutionary use of samples and abstract subject matter kicked down the doors..."

Alternative Press (01/02, p.100) - "...3 FEET HIGH is a bona-fide classic that changed the hip-hop scene - and music in general - forever..."

NME (9/25/93, p.18) - Ranked #3 in NME's list of The 50 Greatest Albums Of The '80s.

NME (10/2/93, p.29) - Ranked #19 in NME's list of the 'Greatest Albums Of All Time.'

saying 3 feet is not a creative album is insane.As much as i love atcq,they are not more creative than this album.
    test
  20. dj battle cry

dj battle cry Active Member

nobody.......freedom of expression hasnt hurt anything. and white people throwing up w's doesnt have anything to do with hurting hip hop, it's just making them look stupid. and actully who cares if a white person shows pride for his coast, is that only a black thing?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.