What drum kits are you using these days?

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Xabiton, Oct 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emtee

Emtee License to Ill

just making my own irmaos, any1 interested in an international collabo ? im from Brazil btw.. peace
    test
  2. Fonikz

Fonikz ExcuseMeAsIKissTheSkyyy

really looking into buying boonie mayfields kits.. have a good feeling about those kits.. dont think i'd BUY any other kits tbh.. unless i heard a lot of good things about them..
    test
  3. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

Its my understanding that Boon Doc uses Abbey Road drums vst a lot for his drums. He just customized the settings and processed them to sound right for him. I've done similar things with the Reason Drum Kits refill. On a side note with all of the free dope drum kits out there I'm always surprised to hear about people buying drum kits. At this point I think I'd only buy a multi sampled set not one shots. May buy drum loops if they are really good.
    test
  4. Emtee

Emtee License to Ill

boon doc is dope... nois
    test
  5. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

I did that producer kit shit years ago, and then again when my hard drive failed about two years ago when I lost everything. I realized though that they were indeed REDUNDANT as hell so I reorganized and trashed over 6 gigs of drums down to 3 kick, 3 snare, 1 crash, 1 bass, 1 breakbeat and 1 percussion/effects kit. Barely takes up half a gig but having 100% of my drums being usable in nearly any situation is way better that sifting through a sea of drums. Custom kits for the win.

My dad sent me the Boondoc kit though, it's nasty.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.