What drum kits are you using these days?

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Xabiton, Oct 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

just curious. links would be good also.
    test
  2. Mighty GK

Mighty GK omg 2012

you mean people use drums other than 808's????? :funny::funny::funny:

sonic specialty urban fire collection 1-4 is what I'm using lately..

plus my 808 kit from time to time.
    test
  3. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

lol. As much as I love 808s I really hope that fad dies soon. Just want to hear a new sound in music. As of late I have been into Reason Drum Kits and other multisampled kits. But I want to see how versatile the good kits actually are that are out there now. I keep hearing about the kits you mentioned.
    test
  4. Mighty GK

Mighty GK omg 2012

those kits are fire man...I wouldn't use them if they weren't.

as far as 808 you just have to use them creatively...don't have generic southern melodies & only use the roland kit...when I use them I'll have beat & maybe throw it in for a breakdown...or only use the kicks for bass or use the snares for a roll here & there.

808 isn't the problem it's the lack of creativity behind the people who use it.

layering drums FTW tho...get that maximum bang....old formula but works wonders still...but use quality drums otherwise its a waste of time..

#RantOver
    test
  5. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

I agree with that. Though I seldomly use 808 kits for that reason. Once I learned how to make them from scratch I just started doing that. Gives more options too and they only take 30 seconds to make.
    test
  6. Mighty GK

Mighty GK omg 2012

u got to modify them anyway when u mix...unless u want the beat to sound amateur.
    test
  7. k.s.

k.s. .

trauma drums are pretty banging for some hiphop shit.
    i gotta check out those ubran fire kits.. everybody be on those
    test
  8. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

i forgot about those ones
    test
  9. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

true to an extent. I dont really modify my drums too much. I like to keep them really raw for the most part. especially break beats
    test
  10. EpicBeats247

EpicBeats247 New Member

Vybe kit
    Rifik Kit
    JJ Kit
    Superstar O kit
    Go to freedrumkits.net
    they got it ALLL!!!!!
    test
  11. east1718

east1718 Member

im on dat lex luger kit. dat araab muzic kit. oh yeh and dat K.E. kit
    test
  12. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

Its amazing how many cats are using producer kits. Epic I am especially surprised that you are. Well being if you are the cat on youtube that I think you are.
    test
  13. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

Honestly, the Maschine drums are some of the best I've used, and I mean the stock ones, not the expansions. You can actually buy the stock ones and don't need Maschine to use them.

Goldbaby is a great place to go. I also just yesterday copped Sound in HD. Haven't gone through them yet tho.
    test
  14. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

Yeah Machine's stock drums are just drums gathered from good sources online I hear. i have gold baby's 808 kit. And I hear Sounds in HD is the shit. I think I may have to hit up Gold baby again though. Prime Loops.com also has some really good drums with a wide variety of stuff though I think they specialize in Electronic stuff. Also for the Reason users out there Samplefiends.com Slum Drums are dope too.
    test
  15. Sacriligeous

Sacriligeous The Beat Monster

Just use whatever drums u use now, but throw some distortion on em, maybe lowpass filter them, drown them in reverb (ok not a shitload) for that huge sound u hear these days (acoustic drum sounds work amazing)...I'm so sick of the 808s too...
    test
  16. MgTheFuture

MgTheFuture Music is my life

Traumah joints are a cool concept, but are very niche oriented...over priced for novelty kits

Urban Fire urban electro is essential, but the new stuff is way too clean for the styles of urban music popular today. But hey, if you got the 100$ to try it out, don't stop...Sirrocco is cool as hell.

If i were to suggest any, it would be Boi 1das kit that he shared on is blog

my other stuff is still Secret until i grow tired of it!
    test
  17. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

damn man you have a lot of drums. Not knocking it as I am in the process of rebuilding my collection as well.
    test
  18. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

That's actually not a lot. I'm addicted to copping drums these days. I need to stop, it's getting redundant...
    test
  19. Mighty GK

Mighty GK omg 2012

^you could have a million drum kits...doesn't matter

people need to realize you only need the ones that fit your style of music/beats

buuuuuuuut..I don't have time to spill advice on here at the moment.
    test
  20. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

Very true. I use a lot of break beats not many kits and the main kit that I use when I am using Drum Kits is the Reason Drum Kits vol 2 refill. These days I'd say that is a good 70% of the drums I use for acoustic stuff in 2011. If I am doing something more electro thats another story but its still good to hear what everyone else is rocking
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.