What does Rakim mean by 7 mcs...

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Golden Nugget, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Golden Nugget

Golden Nugget New Member

Y you'll make fun of me gotta learn somewere, I never get what he means...........................?????
    test
  2. Golden Nugget

Golden Nugget New Member

guess none of you know either... makes me feel better... So that line he spit on My Melody made no sense then? And a bunch of other songs to.
    test
  3. Golden Nugget

Golden Nugget New Member

'I take 7 Mc's put em in a line add 7 more brothers who think they can rhyme, it'll take 7 more before I go for mine, now thats 21 Mc's ate up at the same time.'

'Make you one of those 7 MC's'

KKK!?
    test
  4. Blemickis

Blemickis I get computers puting

you don't know what an emcee is? you can't be serious
    test
  5. E. Fate

E. Fate Guest

I think you're lookin to deep into the line, he's just basically saying no matter how many cats you bring to em, he can take em out - hell, maybe he thought there were 7 cats out at the time that people considered as nice, and he was sendin subliminals
    test
  6. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

It's a dope line, but it doesn't mean anything... people just think it's sick as all fuck because he added 7 together three times and came to the conclusion that it equals 21.

Anytime you add numbers together in your rhymes people think you're a genius - like that shit in One Mic that really doesn't mean anything, but is basically a math problem in rhyme form. Since most mother fuckers can't add 2 and 2, they think 7 x 3 = 21 is a metaphor for divine wisdom.
    test
  7. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

i'm the lethal, i see no equals in everyone//'cause seven times three be equalin' twenty one

^I'm the GOAT
    test
  8. ADubXJ03

ADubXJ03 New Member

roflz @ rakim bein ill for knowin 7x3

im bout to break the pythagorean theorum out on yall bammas
    test
  9. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

lol, ^^^anybody ever heard that Supernatural freestyle on the wake up show where that was one of the words they threw at him. "i ain't even gonna front I ain't never heard'a that word" - "i'm gonna go home get a dictionary and find the definition/yeah, brother, and combine on it/and when I come back, yeah... I'll have a rhyme on it"
    test
  10. unspoken1

unspoken1 Revolutionary Wordsmen

no in on of his earlier rhymes he added up how many emcees he could kill at the same time....then in one of his later songs he referenced back to it by saying they could be one of those 7 emcees that he ate...it just means he is better than everyone...no matter how much you throw at him
    test
  11. spiidey31

spiidey31 allllllll mine

" Sucka MC's, Call me Siyaaaa"
    test
  12. Imperial1

Imperial1 For pressed ones only

Think about this: 7 is known as the GOD number and the letter "g" is also the 7th letter of the alphabet which is the first letter to spell out the word "God." So that be the case, YOU do the math.

Imperial1
    test
  13. !ron HorSe

!ron HorSe New Member

lol thats a wack ass line
    test
  14. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

Yeah, I learned that from Wu-Tang too and it crossed my mind but even if you translate the line as...

- I take [God] MC's and put 'em all in a line, add [God] more brothers who think they can rhyme/it'll take [God] more before I go for mine, now that's [3 Gods] ate up all at the same time -

...it still doesn't mean anything.
    test
  15. spiidey31

spiidey31 allllllll mine

artists verse's who go MUCH deeper..

Rakim
    KRS One
    Chuck D
    Common
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.