what does Qu'ran Torah and New Testament say about Atheism?

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by lyricalpriest, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

Atheism

The Qur'anic verse 45:24 is sometimes cited as a Qur'an argument against atheism. The verse reads: "And they say, 'This worldly life of ours is all there is — we die and we live, and nothing but time destroys us.' But they have no knowledge of it; they are only speculating."​

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

PSALMS XIV:I ​

2 Timothy 3:16-17

All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work

NON BELIEVERS WHO ARE ALIVE AT THE COMING OF THE LORD WILL BE JUDGED ON THE DAY OF THE LORD

NON BELIEVERS WHO HAVE DIED BEFORE CHRIST RETURNS WILL BE RAISED FROM HADES AFTER THE MILLENNIUM TO BE JUDGED AT THE GREAT WHITE THRONE

Non Believers (The Nations) who are alive when Christ comes with the armies of heaven on the Day of the Lord will be divided into two groups (The Sheep - who were kind to God's people and The Goats - who persecuted God's people). The Goats will be sent to everlasting punishment and the Sheep will received the reward prepared for them since the creation of the world - eternal life as the Nations on Earth during the Millennium and in Eternity.
    test
  2. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

i always thought this was a pretty accurate description of athiests, generally.

but believe it or not, atheists believe in the first part of our testimony.

la ilaaha illa-Allah, muhammadu-rasull-Allah - "there is no deity of worship, except Allah - and muhammad is the messenger". they just need to be convinced for the rest of it. they don't need to be, but it'd be good if they could be.

the word for athiesm in arabic is ilhad, which means heresy - goes back to speculation.

personally it doesn't affect my life in the least if you believe or don't.

:numaan:
    test
  3. lyricalpriest

I agree.. the Qu'ranic verse is very well delivered and thought out.. I'm not affected neither.. i can tolerate them.. but i must show genuine love and compassion for others this is why i attemp to stimulate the non-believer's... they really make great arguement's but in the end only affirm my belief.
    test
  4. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Psalm 14:1-3 The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none that does good. The LORD looks down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there are any that act wisely, that seek after God. They have all gone astray, they are all alike corrupt; there is none that does good, no, not one.
    test
  5. lyricalpriest

i was gonna use that one but didn't wanna bash the atheist too hard!
    test
  6. TheBigPayback

Its not bashing athiests. Its God saying he knows you know theres a God wether your willing to admit you know or not. Who you think put the will on you to search him out. Why u think were in the sanctuary everyday discussing it. If atheist truely believed what they say they wouldnt feel the need to validate their choice with an arguement about something they really believe doesbt exist. Theyre looking for answers not unlike ourselves.
    test
  7. TheBigPayback

And ina way they do get validation from here, by other atheists.
    test
  8. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

I like how the first one is worded, but it sort of destroys itself by using the english word "speculate" which literally means a theory or conjecture without firm evidence, if that's the case we'd be locked in a double negative. I can't prove the non-existence of god anymore than you can prove the existence of one. That's called Argumentum ad ignorantiam...

The one from Timothy goes back to the circular argument which is that God exists because the bible is the word of God and therefore God exists because the bible does. --That's akin to saying vampires exist because it says so in a book, if they didn't the books wouldn't exist, right? (round and round).

"NON BELIEVERS WHO ARE ALIVE AT THE COMING OF THE LORD WILL BE JUDGED ON THE DAY OF THE LORD

NON BELIEVERS WHO HAVE DIED BEFORE CHRIST RETURNS WILL BE RAISED FROM HADES AFTER THE MILLENNIUM TO BE JUDGED AT THE GREAT WHITE THRONE"

It's interesting to note the militarization of American Christianity. "Armies of Christ" "Soldiers of Christ" etc, no?
    ----

Now for some science from the site that came up with the words you copied and pasted.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well shit, I can't deny that scientific evidence.
    test
  9. lyricalpriest

test
  10. TheBigPayback

The diagrams show the timeline and sequence of the events told in revelations. Dont think its masqurading as being science
    test
  11. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

i've thought about the possibility that i'm wrong quite a bit

here's the conclusion i'm leaning towards

it doesn't matter. i could be wrong and there could be a god and an afterlife. that'd be cool. i don't fear judgement in the slightest. you say god will let satan torture me cause i didn't pick the right beliefs? i say you're wrong. god has no interest in punishing humans for being human. i don't even see god as a person or thing. i see it as the face we attribute to the void. yet it could really be a race of gods. it could be a giant computer somewhere that was created by a race far more advanced then us. or it could be some simple mathematical principle. we really have no clue what we're on about when we talk about god.

so i leave the whole thing up to chance. maybe there's a god, that's a possibility. maybe there's an afterlife, that seems less plausible but hey anything can happen. i just don't want to bank on either one of those being true and then end up wasting my life preparing for a moment that never comes. existence is a gift in itself and i see it as something that is intrinsically temporary and fleeting, and eternity is just humanity trying to impose its will of self preservation onto the confusing mess that is existence. it's like how we have to take pictures of special moments to try and make them last. so in the end i count on nothing beyond what i'm given, the universe owes me no rewards nor explanations. and if it decides to bestow something extra on me despite it not being owed, then that will be a pleasant surprise.
    test
  12. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

atheists will burn in eternal fire thats what 2pac sed

if u dont have god in ur life, u have no thankfulness towards the blessing u have received to be able to use this magnificient body to experiance pain misery and joy in this sacred dimension

no atheist knows how to build the body that harbors them, yet they spit on it and show no appreciation for their life. they just take it for granted and what it is. they use the body to harbor devlish thoughts. but another intelligence for superior to your own has created this vehicle for you to experiance love, pelasure and pain and to grow spiritually.
    to define this divine intelligence is far out of my league, but you atheists refuse everything you cannot touch or see with your limited vision.

i would put you all in front of the inquisition and have you roast at the stake and make BBQ out of ur bawls.
    test
  13. TheBigPayback

U talking bout the line where he goes

"And when i die baptised in eternal file," -shed so many tears

He doesnt say fire there. Fav pac line tho.
    test
  14. TheBigPayback

ur right. At least being open to the possibility is better than not. If God feels that that isnt enough for u. You can expect to start seeing more of a pull from him. The search will begin to take up more of your time. Its up to the holy spirit to convict and show the way to salvation. Its ur job to be open minded and vigilant.
    test
  15. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

don't station yourself higher than other people.

you're telling me you've got the answers to all the questions in life?

most well versed speaker in these boards, by far.

this thought has crossed my mind many a time.

i've always thought why every religion thinks they're the right religion.

and because of that, what if i'm amongst those, who end up being wrong.

but then i read up on other faiths, and nothing makes more sense to me than islam.

but say you're convinced and living life preparing for no after life or no god, then?

who knows, the only real answer to life can only be found in death.

i wouldn't say all atheists/agnostics take shit for granted.

refer to reggie's post.

test
  16. TheBigPayback

I said, not unlike ourselves. Of course everyones looking for answers, the difference is what we look to for those answers
    test
  17. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

oh, right.

fucking confused me.

test
  18. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

i feel you. to each his own. the only mistake i think you could be making is in assuming that one religion must be correct. we could in fact all be wrong. but generally i'm starting to think it's actually irrelevant whether any particular faith is true so long as the people who believe in it are happy.
    see, for me, this isn't an issue cause there's no such thing as 'preparing' for no god/no afterlife other than coming to terms with the concept of death. the only way it'd really be an issue is if god was in fact going to send me to hell for being wrong, but i don't believe that. i guess if i have faith in anything it's that the creator of existence is not nearly as absorbed in human guilt and punishment as humans are. i think he'd be too cool to do a petty thing like that.

so if i'm wrong about the afterlife, then i'll find out soon enough anyways. in the meantime, i try to appreciate what i have while i have it.
    test
  19. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

im open to the possibility of a creator. i didn't used to be but that was cause my idea of a creator was sort of weighed down by the superstitious myths i had been sold as a child. i'm open to the idea of a natural creator. it's just sort of a big question mark for me though. existence is a mysterious thing.

i won't be joining any religions though. i go to church from time to time with my family. if god was going to pull me towards a faith he'd have done so long ago.
    test
  20. TheBigPayback

Long as ur not flat out refusing to accept the possibility it could be, Id say thats the best way to confront the idea. Applauds*

When God finds in you what hes looking for is when u may egin to see that happen.
    Its on his time, not ours. When he feels ur ready not when we do.

Thats a big thing to take in when u go from thinking nothing exists to the reality of God.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.