-What do You think?

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by RealMS, May 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

I have 3 weeks left until school is out, and my english teacher decides our final project (worth 20% of our final grade) will be a party. Of course it has a catch, duhhhhh, lol. (*ding)

Our theme is the Harlem Renaissance period (class chose this) and basically we're gonna dress up and our project will be based on/in the Cotton Club-our talent or whatever we choose to do will be a big part of our grade. Some girls were talking about dressing up as flappers-the high dress, the bob hair-do, the flat chest-and I guess they're going to dance. The dancing part is fine but the dressing up as a flapper is what I'm not in favor for. Well, at least not that type. This is what I don't like:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/missma-rie/flapper.jpg

this just makes me wanna scream. This is what I'm leaning more towards:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/missma-rie/desireeslecoleofdedance.jpg

I don't know yet.

Another thing. A poet does not wear that. What do yall think? I'm not really asking anything in particular. I just want your cents.
    test
  2. Insense

Insense take one...

Bwhahahahaha,

RealMs you would look really funny in that crap....i would definately go for the second one rather then the first one...
    test
  3. RealMS

hey, this is for a grade. If I don't do this or skip that day I automatically fail, and there is no last chance final exam. And what are you talking about "funny" lol you forget I do ballet? Don't hate! But yeah, the first one, if I had no other choice I think I'd dress as a guy with the hat, suit and all.
    test
  4. eM-T

eM-T Because We Are

I think you are horribly screwed

have a nice day!

*supressed giggles*
    test
  5. RealMS

^Care to elaborate?
    test
  6. Philly_215

Philly_215 The Silent Poet

well um if i was you ( um and thats if i was a female ) i would go with second one. but do yall have to dance and all that stuff to in that lol wwwwoooo now thats funny
    test
  7. Sole Sovereign

Sole Sovereign Hungry But Never Starving

I don't really feel the first is that bad. Actually I find it a little more tasteful than the second. I say go with the flow on this one and get the grade. You'll have plenty of chances in college to stand out and still do well. I feel you going along with the other girls will probably help your grade with this crazy educator of yours. At least from what you told me about her in the past.
    test
  8. RealMS

This teacher has taught fine arts for 10 years, and somehow she was just "given" the role of an english teacher. She is not fit to be an english teacher. She gave me an assignment once. It was an essay, all based upon my opinions, my thoughts. It turned out to be sort of like a personal narrative. K it was out of 150, you know what my grade was? A 78. Why? My topic of choice was unappropriate and I was out of line for expressing what I been through. Basically-she did say it was unappropriate and out of line. When I was just starting on my rough draft she asked me what my topic was and I told her and she asked if I was sure about writing that and I was fine with it, until she said otherwise. I took that as an insult but you know I take criticism to help me better myself. Thing is though, this woman does not know to begin criticizing. Thats all I gotta say.

If I follow these other girls and dress myself up looking like a prostitute (this is the term they use) I'll probably most def get that passing grade-but that isn't what I want to portray myself as. Its like dress up but you know me-I don't care if its for a grade, I'm not going against my principles. Am I going overboard maybe to some yeah, but thats what sets myself apart from the rest.

IDK I told her today I wasn't gonna dress up like that and she said I can't just come up with my own style because this project is not based entirely on me. I don't know who said that but that's the problem-a misunderstanding. This is the type of woman who you can't have an opinion with. It's not just me though like it was in the beginning.

Either way I don't see how I can't pass an exam like this. Sorry if I rambled on but it gets frustrating. And another thing. One thing I do not tolerate is a person saying my poetry is unacceptable and unappropriate Thats her favorite word on me. You should see my grades up in there. If we would've kept on with the poetry lessons I would be failing that class right now.

This is my definiton of a crazy educator Sole, when I was tellin you about her.

-Peace
    test
  9. Sole Sovereign

Sole Sovereign Hungry But Never Starving

Ultimately you know you gotta do you. I just hope you think about the impact this woman can have on your immediate future. I want more than anything to see you take it to the next step. I've talked to people at LSU about you, of course me being an alumnist from a South Louisiana college, I want to see you keep it local. Anyways, you of all people know I wouldn't suggest you conform unless it was necessary. When and if you make it through school you are going to realize sometimes in life we have to do things we aren't necessary cool with to pay the bills. I don't like writing technical articles, but they pay rent. Regardless, like I said in the beginning you gotta make that decision. You can hit me up at evenstar@beau.org if you need me.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.