What do you think of Jay-z's new album?

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by thedream233, Jul 4, 2013.

?

How good is the new jay album?

Poll closed Feb 4, 2014.
  1. 5/5 excellent

11.8%
  2. 4/5 good album

41.2%
  3. 3/5 okay

23.5%
  4. 2/5 not so good

11.8%
  5. 1/5 terrible

11.8%
  1. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

that honestly changes a lot
    test
  2. NaSh

NaSh o_

Somehow forgot about Dark Twisted Fantasy

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
    test
  3. Im Technical

Im Technical I got 30 pages of rhymes

It simply a response to you saying "so this is a chance for you to have heard an album before I have" Nothing got misread, possibly misinterpreted but what you said sounds pretentious as fuck.

And the fact you mention working in the industry all the time but mention no names, if you wanna talk about working in the industry use some names once in awhile or just dont mention it at all because no one cares. You say quite alot of other pretentious shit which no one ever calls you on and im not even calling you on it now, just try and re frame from sounding so up yourself.

Also i said i could see how someone could give this 3/5 if they were into this kind of shit, not that i give it that. I voted 2/5 but its should really be 1/5.

Anyway what do you think of the album?
    test
  4. Im Technical

You love jay z and thats cool, he used to be the truth and a definite goat contender but you have to recognise he fell off pretty bad. Why would i hate on jay and big up kanye to save face? That doesnt even make sense, jay z is massively more respected than kanye by anyone who isnt a clown.

Theres nothing gimmicky about me saying kanye west has a better cataloge than jay in the last 10 years, he does. I dislike kanye far more than i do jay and kanye has made worse albums than anything jay has ever put out but college dropout and late registration are both ALOT better than american gangster and thats jays best work in 10 years. I own kingdom come, american gangster and bp 3 aswell as college dropout, late resgistration and graduation, kanyes albums are clearly better.

The more recent shit is irrelevant, its all trash although yeezus was definitely worse than magna carter.
    test
  5. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

Jay's best work in the last 10 years is Black Album lil nigga

which is arguably better than Kanye's best work

Jay retired n passed the torch to Ye, of course it was expected that Ye would kill the game..he was Jay's protege to an extent..but then Jay came back in 06 n began arguably dropping better work than Ye *at the time* n since..

aint it ironic Ye's best work came out when Jay stopped droppin albums? Granted Ye's work post 06 is dope too but not his best..04-05 Ye was at his peak on the mic..when Jay was *sitting on the sidelines* aka "retired"

it''s not fair to pit CD LR and Graduation against KC, AG, n BP3...don't you get it??

maybe you not a gimmick but ya whole persona on here is...you like that car ride that only one straight road, no twists or turns, in other words you PREDICTABLE
    test
  6. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

See I haven't even heard Yeezus yet so you won't catch one post of mine callin it trash, even though that's general consensus, I'll give you a pass for that

but I'm kinda convinced you barely even gave MC a chance ma nigga, if you did you wouldn't call it irrelevant...there's nothing irrelevant about a good number of joints on that shit, especially cuz Jay's art is just an expression of hisself that you could either connect with or not

keep it movin lil nigga
    test
  7. NaSh

NaSh o_

Someone talking sense at last
    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
    test
  8. JASON ANTHONY

JASON ANTHONY White Devil

I refuse to give it a chance.

I'm sure I'll hear it on accident one day.
    test
  9. Im Technical

I thought black album was 02 and wasnt including it, it seems so long since jay was dope. Kanye has at no point been better on the mic than jay, thats not my point. My point is that he was putting out better music in that period and even though his guest appearances were carrying him thats irrelevant. I dont listen to any kanye shit after graduation and i barely even check that and even though i prefer jays work in the last 6-7 years over kanyes i still think kanye got a convincingly better catalogue in the last 10 years. Swap bp3 for black album and kanyes still got it.

Im predictable because im not feeling an album that is average at best and is filled with lazy mcing from jay? I need some kind of rawness to my hip hop and jay just dont have that anymore, I prefer jay z's work to kanye's without a shadow of a doubt but they both fell off.
    test
  10. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

why dumb nerds comparing to kanye in his prime in his 20's

compared to jayz on his last leg in his mid 40's?

fuck wrong wit u clowns b
    test
  11. Superman70

Superman70 edited

i think it's fair to put albums from the same timespan against each other if we're talking about who
    the best is over the last decade.
    test
  12. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

There are only three rappers I feel should be mentioned in the same breath as Hov. One is dead.

Cigar Life on Tapatalk 2
    test
  13. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

Pac, Biggie, and Big Pun are all dead and deserve to be mentioned in the same breath if not above Hov.
    test
  14. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

One should the other is an arguement. The other nigga nizzy.

Cigar Life on Tapatalk 2
    test
  15. abztrakt

abztrakt the impossible cool.

Word. RIP Freaky Tah.
    test
  16. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

You can do better then that

Cigar Life on Tapatalk 2
    test
  17. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

jay aint coming close to Pac, Biggie or Big L.
    test
  18. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

In your opinon

Cigar Life on Tapatalk 2
    test
  19. Im Technical

Theres atleast 10 mcs who have genuine claims that jay z shouldnt be mentioned in the same breath as them....
    test
  20. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

you kinda read it right and kinda took a little wrong but yea I really just meant you heard this first and know you heard this before me as a fact cuz I still haven't had a chance to peep it yet...It was not more than me saying that and being able to try to gather where you come up with the negativity that you do about jay so much. You have not sounded nearly as negative as I had assumed you might, so I still am intrigued a bit. shit is not me being pretentious man, I mean say that if you want about me correcting the differences in the meaning of your and you're and I can maybe see that.....

I feel like I have explained this a few times already, but I will again cuz I am still trying to get through.....seeing some of the shit I say as being arrogant or pretentious is fair if that is your honest reaction. The way it helps to point out what specifically about what I have said that sounds like that, is to simply just offer examples and reasoning for the thought. you did so more than usual in the post this is in response to. This is all I have ever asked from you here, to post some sort of explanation of your saying what is what and why what is what.....If a person makes a strong statement like this artist is awful and not real, it is natural to ask why you would say that when many people don't agree.......ignoring these requests seems like you are here to troll etc etc...Apply your view of the shit I say to what you say yourself, think of how others could interpret your words.....

Lastly, Bro I have explained a some of the things I have done involving working, and I cannot say others. That shit has nothing to do wit trying to sound better than anyone anyways, read most every post of mine and try to see what I am saying...Industry and business is more of the way I try to help explain my point of view, or differentiate it in order for you or anyone else to see why I vary in my opinion, or why I can respect soulja boi, but I don't need to bump his shit or even like it......
    test