What do you think of Jay-z's new album?

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by thedream233, Jul 4, 2013.

?

How good is the new jay album?

Poll closed Feb 4, 2014.
  1. 5/5 excellent

11.8%
  2. 4/5 good album

41.2%
  3. 3/5 okay

23.5%
  4. 2/5 not so good

11.8%
  5. 1/5 terrible

11.8%
  1. Im Technical

Im Technical I got 30 pages of rhymes

Could you be any more up your own ass freebass?

Even nightmare doesnt love the smell of his own shit as much as you.

I can see people giving it 3/5 if its to thier taste but this album is wack, afew decent tracks mainly due to the beats and thats about it. If anyone thinks this is 4/5 was every jay album before 2000 6/5?
    test
  2. Im Technical

Im Technical I got 30 pages of rhymes

Real talk, the bar is so pathetically low now.

Seriously someone listen to RD or any of jay z's decent albums then listen to this and tell me its deserves anything more than 2/5...

Wtf is this shit? Would of been a decent track for a justin timberlake album or something....that first verse is terrible. The 2nd is better than the first atleast...
    test
  3. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

still haven't peeped yet, but RD, bp1, BP2 (BP2, diamonds are forever, gunz & rozes, bitch, and at least 5 more very good songs), Black album, Vol 1, American gangster, and even kingdom come(given lost ones, the prelude, Hollywood for even just those few) and BP3( for just empire state and run this or whatever)...... That is at least 2 amazing albums, BP2 would be amazing if it was a best of both discs, a few great albums in Black album American gangster and and some that are more arguably wherever on the spectrum......take a 10 year cross section of work for any artist to juxtapose with anothers, but it has to be the same career periods, not the same time decade wise.....Can't call kanye wack cuz he didn't put out anything at all before jay made a couple classic albums.....
    test
  4. Superman70

Superman70 edited

i agree kingdom come is not his worst thats why i said id rather listen to that than this even though i gave this one a 3/5. and actually this one is probably closer to a 2/5 while kingdom come is the 3/5
    test
  5. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

Bro I plainly said I haven't listened to it yet and I simply read your comments and all others up till the post i quoted.....I think you need to be a little more mindful of what I actually say, and what you do.....3/5 from your own post is something that is not wack man....I was really just saying you listened to it before me and I will see where your opinion lands in terms of where mine does.....I don't lie about my taste bro
    test
  6. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

word.....fair enough....I still gotta peep this
    test
  7. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

dead at kanye> jayz

hahazhahhah
    test
  8. Superman70

Superman70 edited

i am not saying kanye is better at rhyming or technically or anything. But overall.

-is both rapper and producer. Can make great songs that he is 100% responsible for
    -ju st the fact that he produced his own albums (with some help). Not to mention he deserves half the credit for Blueprint's greatness.Also Common's Be, and many songs for others.
    -better ratio of good songs to bad ones
    -better artist, is more creative and less formulaic
    -brings other artists together to make hits that probably never would have collaborated otherwise.
    -more entertaining.
    -havent seen either of them live but i bet kanye puts on a better show as well
    -speaks his mind, says an does things others may not agree with, not afraid to take risks.
    test
  9. Superman70

Superman70 edited

No more comparisons from me itt since it wasnt the topic and so i dont look more like a kanye stan.
    test
  10. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

j cole>kanye
    test
  11. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

dude does not deserve half the credit for blueprint, he just made a few of the beats that turned into great songs, he provided some great backdrops but just blaze, bink, and em did too.....BE, I will forever not say that this album/sound musically is largely dilla and common wanting kanye's beats to sound like dilla's on this album.....I always saw that as disrespectful, but I have gotten less vocal about it over the years....

I am not fond of the brings artists together view, but jay brought kanye on star ship, so I would see that being a dead end argument even though they are not saying the same thing really....

I remember how easy it is to diverge a topic off with arguments like this one, but the rest seems like all opinion and maybe most of it is too....except the BP and BE shit.....
    test
  12. Superman70

Superman70 edited

Youre right i was thinking he produced more songs than that on blueprint
    test
  13. NaSh

NaSh o_

Kanye has one classic, one great, one meh and 2 fucking awful albums

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
    test
  14. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Yea chances are good that someone who was aware of Kanye's sound back then, but didn't check BP production credits would have mistaken Ye beats for Bink! and Just Blaze.

I remember back then I thought for SURE, Girls Girls Girls was Kanye.

Kanye may be more creative musically than Jay, but Jay is by far the better artist. 6 albums in and Ye still has amateur delivery. That's just not acceptable if you wanna be compared to Hov.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  15. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

you can be cool

but now you jus gettin corny

fuck outta here with this kanye talk tryna derail the thread

now I think you jus a blind hater..meaning you dont actually take in the music, jus hatin on jay to save face

you a gimmick b
    test
  16. Mel Man

naah don't compare me to that nigga

i definitely don't hate on everything

I just don't love n accept everything either

I'm critical, I try not to dick ride

I stand my ground if its dope i'll say it if its wack ill say it
    test
  17. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

your math is wrong. you included 5 albums when he has 6.
    test
  18. Mel Man

Kingdome come dope as fuck, a lil inconsistent but Jay drops jewels all over the album

The Prelude
    Kingdom Come
    Lost One (top 10 Jay track to me)
    Do You Wanna Ride
    Trouble
    Minority Report
    Beach Chair

I rememba I bought the album n then lost it at my college, left it in the public computer n shit...

some lucky nigga got a free jay z album haha
    test
  19. NaSh

NaSh o_

1 classic, 2 great, 1 meh and 2 fucking awful....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
    test
  20. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

No he's right

Yeezus is a turd not an album
    test