What do you think of Jay-z's new album?

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by thedream233, Jul 4, 2013.

?

How good is the new jay album?

Poll closed Feb 4, 2014.
  1. 5/5 excellent

11.8%
  2. 4/5 good album

41.2%
  3. 3/5 okay

23.5%
  4. 2/5 not so good

11.8%
  5. 1/5 terrible

11.8%
  1. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

no threads yet? i havent heard it, but ill check it out... was wondering if anyone heard it yet.
    test
  2. Ace the Prophet

Ace the Prophet A Prophet to the Game

Just started listening to it now. Let you know when I'm finished with it. Heard real good things about it so far though.

On a side note....so absolutely genius of him to go with Samsung for his deal. Went platinum before it was even released AND it didn't leak until today, it's scheduled release date with Samsung....props just for that
    test
  3. Ace the Prophet

test
  4. Ace the Prophet

Nas is on the CD too? Damn..."BBC". This shit's sounding good so far. Only 2 tracks I wasn't really diggin and I'd say I'm about 9 tracks in.
    test
  5. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

fuck, my shit is still downloading.
    test
  6. Ace the Prophet

Overall I'm definitely diggin this album. Gotta give it a few more listens to really let it sink in but I can definitely vibe with quite a few of these tracks. Only a couple I didn't care for on first listen. Diggin it
    test
  7. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

Shit crack

Cigar Life on Tapatalk 2
    test
  8. FutureFan

FutureFan Freebandz

It would be 5/5 if there was a Future feature.
    test
  9. abztrakt

abztrakt the impossible cool.

As an advertisement for the Samsung Galaxy, it's good. As an album, ehhhh. Sounds like Jay put more effort into the marketing than anything else. It's basically the anti-Yeezus, designed to be as broadly appealing as possible with the least amount of effort.
    test
  10. Dear Diary

Dear Diary Well-Known Member

only heard a few songs yet (listening right now), but i'm likin this so far
    test
  11. DJboutit

DJboutit Well-Known Member

I skimmed through a good amount of the album it is a little weak most of the beats are to swaggy sounding the rapping is good these shitty beats are not helping the album.

3 best songs

Fuckwitmeyou with Rick Ross even though Ross is wack as fuck
    Holy Grail with Timberlake
    Versus even though it is only 51 sec long

The track with Beyonce the beat is just wack

I give it a 5 out 10
    test
  12. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

Bout to listen ma niggaaz

I've read mixed opinions to say the least
    test
  13. Mel Man

on da 1st track, Hov flowin like these new niggaz but his flow on anotha level

anyone notice that?
    test
  14. Mel Man

2 - eeeehhh, beat nice, but Hov don't impress me on this, when the beat switched that was more my flavor, vintage jay, pretty dope
    3 - mmmm, this beat hard imo, on some new age shit, might gimme a headache after too many listens tho, gotta hear this in the whip, Jay lazy n stylin on em on this
    4 - won't lie Ross ruined this shit, beat crazy though, gotta hear it in the whip, all the new jacks gonna love ross on this tho, juicy j woulda killed this, even Wiz, Jay came hard as fuck tho, daamn :jaydamn: , he can do a beat like this justice
    5 - Not Crazy about this track, forgettable
    6- This more like it, Fuck Up this world a next title n concept though
    7 - This beat soo dirty, smooth as fuck, Jay do it much justice, mmm one of my favs so far..I like the Twerk Molly part, it's a shot at that bullshit...ONLY IN AMERICA..wooo this dope
    8- This some nice hype shit, Jay come in all slick n shit, should've been an earlier track
    9 - This hard..not really feelin the hook though, beat is dirty, Hov kills it
    10 - jus 50 seconds, Jay stylin ova a dope beat, on some boss shit cant lie, this dope got a classic vibe
    11 - Finally some slower shit, not really feelin this tho cuz it drags. Jay kinda got busy though
    12 - Jus 1 verse ova some fiyaa production, nice nice
    13 - :allbad: Ma nigga Nas on this...killed it, kinda made it his track but it got a Jay vibe to it, Jay came nice too
    14 - This dope as fuck, got some BIG on it, Jay flowin crazy, beat got a storytellin vibe feel to it, n Jay lyrics match it, one of the best beats on the album
    15 - this pretty dope, its dat crew anthem, Jay flowin like these new niggaz again lol, kills it tho
    16 - Smooth as fuck, gotta hear this in the whip, Jay got busy, good way to close the album

Album fire fosho, gotta let it sink, Jay lost a step even since his last joint a little but, with a lil better cohesion, this a few verses n track or two away from being up there with some of Jay's better work..
    test
  15. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

i skip top ford

and the one with ross

the nas joint my 3rd least fav, but its growing on me...

other than that

shit is fire

nigga 45 shittin on 97% of game

damn shame
    test
  16. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

I hate you so much...

Anyway, roughly halfway through and so far we got a classic on our hands. This album was put together quite fast but you'd never know it. Hov on another level lyrically right now. Age has simply made him wiser and it's translating to his lyrics. He's more self aware and observant and that comes off as well.

Crown is amazing and the standout track so far. Honorable mention to Heaven. More in depth thoughts when I give it a full listen.
    test
  17. DJboutit

I think you said Kaynes album was dope as fuck to so you opinion as has been canceled. Truth is some of you are clearly overratting this album some this album is so so at best
    test
  18. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

You started with an assumption that wasn't true so you already lose.

Wouldn't matter if I did anyway, your "opinions" are wack as fuck, especially about this album. You got stage 3 taste cancer.
    test
  19. DJboutit

I like real OG Rap and this swag era radio bs bubble rap is ghey as fuck it is made for 13 to 17 yr olds GTFO dyck ryding this faggot shit
    test
  20. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Yup. You're an embarrassment. Anyway enough with your stupid ass.

Back to the album: The song that Timbo produced is dope as fuck, not quite Dirt off Your Shoulders, but Tom Ford is definitely gonna bang in the whip.

Like I said in another thread, I think this is going to go over some people's heads. Not everyone is going to be able to relate to this. People without insight or perspective of the larger picture aren't going to appreciate or get this album. This is for sophisticated niggas.

Simpletons on MCHG - "WTF"
    test