What do you guys think of this?

Discussion in 'The Alley' started by Sir Bustalot, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
    test
  2. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

is it SFW?
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  3. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

yes its a letter
    test
  4. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

i never trust clicking a link that asks me to log into Facebook. just post the letter foo
    test
  5. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

This was the mothers response... although she didnt know who sent the letter so she posted it online :

Dear Pissed Off Mother,

Allow me to introduce myself. I am Matthew's Mom, Tracey. I am Dianne's daughter, who is Matthew's grandmother. How blessed I am to have a Mom who is willing to lend a hand and spend time with Matthew every so often when the need arises.

Matthew is an incredible young man who is 16 years old. He loves spending time outdoors ~ gardening, mowing the lawn, watching the birds, building bird houses, spending time with his dog, floating around on the river. He is outside more than he is in. How fortunate are we that he enjoys an active lifestyle. We don't have to constantly encourage him to get away from the video games, computer or tv screen. Oh, don't get me wrong, he will spend time in front of the computer, normally on YouTube trying to learn all he can about the interests I have listed above.

Briefly I have given you a little synopsis of Matthew's life. Sounds pretty carefree and typical, doesn't it? Sounds like he would blend in to an average neighbourhood pretty much unnoticed? Perhaps.

What I haven't told you is that my son lives with Asperger's Syndrome. Oh? You don't know what that is? Really? Your recent correspondence led me to believe that you had all the answers and it was me that was missing the boat. Someday when you're finished solving all the world's problems, I'll let you search out the term on your own as I wouldn't want to waste your precious time right now.

What I would like to do, if you would humour me for a moment, is thank you. I want to thank you for allowing so many discussions to take place because of the views you shared with a grandmother who was spending time with her grandson. You have been the reason that a neighbourhood and a community have rallied around a family with love, respect and support. You are the reason that families all over this country and beyond in neighbourhoods of their own now have people stopping to pay a little bit more attention to the person living next door to them. I want to thank you for publicly sharing your wisdom and describing so eloquently the roads 1 in 88 families walk on a daily basis. Thank you for confirming that it isn't always easy and for seeing, first hand, those days that require us to be a little bit stronger, those days when we have to dig down really deep to find the courage and patience to just put one foot in front of the other. Thanks for getting that there are times when a simple few minutes out in the backyard can be pretty frustrating. I'm sure you can only imagine what's it's like 24/7/365.

You know, it's a shame that I can't address you properly. I have no idea who you are. I would welcome nothing more than being able to sit down with you over a cup of coffee while our children played outside. I'm sure I'd be able to get through at least 30 seconds without being interrupted so we could discuss all these issues you have such amazing grasp of. Eventually, I suspect your identity will be revealed. Once your phone and doorbell stop ringing maybe we'll have the opportunity to have that chat. In the meantime I'll have to settle for the menial task of communicating with people who aren't quite as up to speed as you claim to be. The people I'll be having coffee with will only offer empathy, support, love and unconditional acceptance to me, Matthew and my family.

There are others I can talk with as well, you know, some of those 1 in 88 families I spoke of earlier. Yes, we talk, too. And we talk about people like you. We wonder how you became such an expert when even though we have lived this way for as long as we can remember, we still don't know from one day to the next what all the best approaches are for our families. I can't begin to imagine how you came to your conclusions and have it all figured out.

Alas, I have taken enough of your valuable time. You must be proud of yourself. And you should be. Because, you see, this all backfired on you. You wanted to ostracize. You wanted to bully. You wanted to belittle. But you didn't. You brought people together. You strengthened a bond. You educated. You opened the doors to discussions. I really hope you're not pissed off anymore.

Remember me when you have time for coffee.

Sincerely,

Matthew's Mom
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  6. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

yeah, i read this the other day on FB. what a cowardly hoe.
    test
  7. KOzS

KOzS .Juster

I think I'd cry if i received that.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  8. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

test
  9. AliceHouse

AliceHouse The House Always Wins

Obviously someone never heard of "It takes a village to raise a child."
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  10. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

I have to say that the woman who wrote that letter is a coward.

Tracey is awesome. I commend her. And Matthew.

Pissed off mother should just die
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  11. Ruby Gloom

Ruby Gloom Lovely

I read this on FB and wanted to cry. I wanted to slap the woman who wrote this. What bothers me more is they aren't even thinking of pressing any kind of criminal charges against the person who wrote it (providing they find out--and they will). Why aren't they willing to charge this woman? It bothers me so much. The woman states they should have him killed....how is that hate crime? I thought we're to teach our children there is a zero tolerance for bullying, yet we won't punish someone who goes to such lengths? Bullshit. Really disturbing.
    test
  12. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

well the supreme court of canada reviewed it and it doesnt fall under a hate crime by law. But they did say there were other charges she could be charged with, and they are looking into doing that.
    test
  13. Ruby Gloom

Ruby Gloom Lovely

Well I hope they are able to find something. Because this is harassment and bullying. I am saddened for her children and knowing they're growing up with such a CUNT (is that a good enough word to describe her? ha) for a Mother.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  14. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

besides like 10 million people saw that letter and were outraged.

this woman wont stay anonymous for long
    test
  15. Ruby Gloom

Ruby Gloom Lovely

Definitely not. If she has any kind of conscious she will come forward herself.
    test
  16. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

Breach of peace. Harassment. Creating a public disturbance.

One of these would be the charge out here
    test
  17. MissBreezy

MissBreezy The God Pestilence

I was pretty appalled that someone could be self righteous and ignorant enough to send that letter. Upon first reading it I truly thought it had to be a joke, that surely nobody could be that serious/insensitive.

Unbelievable. I think the author of the letter should be forced to move, never mind charges, teach her a lesson.

I thought I heard the woman came forward and apologized, anyone hear the same?
    test
  18. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i hope she did. But whatevskis. The fact that the whole nation and more saw what she did and was disgusted by it im sure has led her to some serious embarassment.
    test
  19. MissBreezy

MissBreezy The God Pestilence

For sure. I'm not saying it should absolve her for having done it, that was a pretty damn shitty thing to do.
    test
  20. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Stupid woman.
    The irony, mentioning God while writing this fucked up letter.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test