What do you guys think are the best workouts?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Murder Ink, Jul 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

For chest, biceps, and triceps?

I'm looking for some new exercises to shake up the routine lol..

For chest, I just do the bench press, cable cross, and free weight bench press.
    For biceps, I do curls, hammer curls, and cable pull.
    And for triceps I just do cable pull downs and rope pull downs.

Shit gets dry after awhile. lol drop some exercises if you can!
    test
  2. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

You're missing one of the most important exercises that you should be doing.

Parallel Bar Dips.
    test
  3. BrandyN

BrandyN New Member

You need to be more specific with your description of your workouts....

Are you saying that you do both free weight and bar bench press FLAT? Or is one of them incline bench press?

For biceps, do you do dumbbell curls or bar curls? And biceps are such a tiny muscle group that you only need to do 1-2 different exercises for them in a session. Doing more than that really doesn't make a difference and you're just burning energy that you could use towards your chest.

For triceps, you say you do cable pull downs and rope pull downs? Those are pretty much the exact same exercise bro, a BIT different but all in all you should just choose between those 2 exercises... on one triceps day, do the rope, on another, do the "cable?"(which im assuming you mean the flat bar that attaches to the cable setup)
    test
  4. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

Yeahh sorry hahaha..I thought it might be a little hard to follow.

Yes when I bench, I do it with the bar, and the the free weights, separately.

And for biceps, I use dumbells..but that makes sense.

And yeahh they are kinda the same I suppose lol..but yeah, I use the flat bar that attaches to the cable. lol..is there any exercises you or anyone else could recommend? I've tried a few others out, but I didn't really like them..so I thought maybe I'd ask around more.
    test
  5. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

renegade rows - get in a pushup position with your palms facing in, shoulders over your hands, do a pushup, then row, pushup, row. great for triceps, core, and shoulders.

stand up, legs slightly split, arm bent so the dumbbell is behind your head touching your shoulder, then straighten your arm. that'll kill your triceps.

incline press, deadlifts, romanian deadlifts, diamond pushups, all great for bi's tri's chest and shoulder.
    test
  6. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

Lol alright sweet dude..thanks for the recommendations. I'll be sure to try these out :D
    test
  7. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

cool. don't be surprised if you work other parts of your body at the same time.. if you need more workouts, just ask.
    test
  8. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

Shit dude I'm not sure if I can do the deadlifts..because I have lower back problems, and I'm not sure that would mix well. lol but I'll definitely try that tricep workout and the renegade rows whenever I do triceps and abs again next..

I'm gonna try that incline tomorrow though..I'll let you know how it goes. lol
    test
  9. DahStoryTella

DahStoryTella knowledge of self

Recently, for chest day I'm doing:
    - DB bench press
    - DB incline press
    - Machine bench (gym has no barbells, terrible)
    - Pec Dec (I'm assuming DB flyes give you the same thing, only with using freeweights. I just use the machine because I always get a nasty strain on my chest for a week when I use freeweights for flyes)

I don't like isolations, but I had to add something. Haha.

Another one for the chest you might be interested in:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/bent-arm-dumbbell-pullover

Triceps:
    - Close-grip bench press (EZ-bar, but if you have a barbell go for that)
    - Bench dips or regular tricep dips
    - Reverse grip bench press (EZ-bar again) (I'm thinking of adding this)
    - You could try close-grip pushups, too. They focus mainly on the triceps.
    test
  10. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

there should be a slight feeling in your lower back when doing the deadlifts, but really it should be mostly hamstring & upper back that you are engaging when pulling up. i understand the lower back problems, so i suggest more stretching, and lower weights - work at your ability. don't try to push it and hurt yourself.

if you're doin a deadlift right, legs should only be slightly bent (you can try the motion without a weight to make sure you do this correctly), and your hips should go back in space. keep your head & neck in a neutral position aligned with your spine, and bend forward with your shoulders back until you feel the pull on your hamstrings. then, all you do is push your hips forward, keeping your shoulders back, and stand straight (don't arch backward!!) and clench your butt.

if you do it right, your lower back should be slightly engaged, but it shouldn't do much. my suggestion is to just grab a couple of dumbbells and use them instead of a barbell deadlift. if you want, i'll create a youtube account and start posting instructional videos to make sure you're doin it right.
    test
  11. BrandyN

BrandyN New Member

make sure you ASK someone experienced in the gym to guide you through deadlifts. Try to find the person who looks least meatheaded, and more jacked/intelligent. Form and technique are EXTREMELY important with deadlifts, do not just try doing them on your own
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.