What do you do in Heaven?

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by The Steve, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

That the dead are conscious of nothing at all.....immortality of the soul means no one can die.
    test
  2. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

No, that doesn't make any sense for it to be true...because if that were true and they were in a 'heaven' why resurrect Lazarus at all? and if you're going to say 'so he can go to heaven' then why not resurrect Abraham as well?
    test
  3. SpillnMoney

SpillnMoney Member

it was a true story about the life on earth of lazarus and the rich man. And when they died one was in peace one was in torment. Abraham lived hella long and provided the new seed line for jesus to eventially arrive of.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  4. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

So if Lazarus was in Heaven, why did Jesus resurrect him?
    test
  5. SpillnMoney

SpillnMoney Member

He was a poor man on earth and everyday asked the rich man for help, the rich man saw his poverty as evil an never helped once..now the bible says blessed are the poor as well aslove an help others. So when they died one went to abrahams boosum to be comforted in peace an rest. The rich man went to hades which is like a intermediate hell. The story continues into the aspect of them in the afterlife. "the rich man asked lazaras to dip his finger in water to quench his tounge" lazarus replied even if i wantewd to i cant because of the casm that divides us. Then Richguy say well send someone to tell my family i dont want then to come where i am. To where jesus replied they eouldnt believe if had sent a ressurected lazarus to warn them.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  6. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

lol you didn't even answer my question and that still was a parable

If Lazarus was in Heaven why would Jesus cry?
    test
  7. SpillnMoney

SpillnMoney Member

He wasnt ressurected. He died an went to abrahams boosum. Where do u get that jesus cried?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  8. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

read john 11:32-44

verse 35 is the part that said Jesus gave way to tears
    test
  9. SpillnMoney

SpillnMoney Member

when mary reached the place jesus was she fell at his feet and said lord had youve been there my bro wouldnt have died. jesus saw her weeping along with the jews that accompanied her, Jesus was deeply moved in the spirit and troubled at their sorrow. Where have you laid him. Come an see lord. Jesus wept. -ok. This isnt the story i was talking about maybe mixed the names up. But he wept cause hes empathetic, he had all the emotion and struggle as any other man on earth so sorrow would be one of those. So he went and brought him back to life. Not ressurected. Lemme try an find the rich man one i was talking about
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  10. SpillnMoney

SpillnMoney Member

Ok sorry. Different stories we lookin at here the one i was speaking of is luke 16
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  11. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Resurrect means 'restore (a dead person) to life'...how can you possibly say that isn't resurrection.

Jesus was a friend of Lazarus and he wept because death goes against the natural purpose of man which is why we all weep when we lose someone, not to mention they we were friends....even still, if Lazarus wasn't 'alive' as you say, what was he?
    test
  12. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

that was a parable/illustration
    test
  13. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

He already made this same mistake here when he asked Nu about the Prophet Muhammad ascending to Heaven. He used the word resurrection. He thinks a resurrection is when you ascend to Heaven.
    test
  14. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

yea, i'm going to wait and see what he responds with now smh
    test
  15. SpillnMoney

SpillnMoney Member

right but u compared it to jesus's resurrection which is diff. Jesus had his transformed body when he ressurrected walking threw closed doors and whatnot. Lazarus came back to normal life
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  16. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

What? i didn't compare it. All i said was why would Jesus resurrect Lazarus if he was already in heaven?
    test
  17. SpillnMoney

SpillnMoney Member

this is not a parable. Well if u wanna cll it a illustration fine but its about their reak life and death
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  18. SpillnMoney

SpillnMoney Member

yes sorry, i mixed up the story. Lazarus was raised from death back to life. So ya he wassnt ressuredted to heaven in that story. My apologies.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  19. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

an illustration is a story, sometime realistic, sometime fake but a story that gets people to understand the point of what the speaker is trying to say...not a true event
    test
  20. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

But you said that he was in Abraham's bossum...which was heaven
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.