What do u think of this article..

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Grimey Thug, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimey Thug

Grimey Thug New Member

tone and definition - How to really get toned and defined
    Have you ever heard or maybe even said the words "toned" and "defined?" If you are into working out and diet related stuff, chances are you have. The funny thing is, not only do most people not know how to get more "toned and defined," but most people don't even know what those 2 words mean! I personally HATE both of those words. Can't stand when I read them, and I can't stand when someone actually says them out loud.

Being toned or being defined means only one thing. It is when you have muscle, and when you have a low enough body fat so that this muscle can be seen. So, the less fat you have covering your muscles, the more "tone" and "definition" you will appear to have. Sounds simple, right? Well, apparently it's not simple. People still can't figure out how to get more toned and defined. One of my favorite bullshit gym phrases is "I work out with lighter weights and do higher reps so I can get more toned." News flash buddy, working out with lighter weight for more reps is doing nothing for you in terms of getting more "toned and defined." Working out with heavy weights for less reps will have the exact same effect when it comes to "tone and definition." It does NOT "tone and define" you! Working out with weights, whether they are light or heavy, low reps or high reps, does one thing and one thing only, it builds and strengthens muscle. But, didn't we just figure out that to be more toned and defined you just had to lose more fat? YES we did! Therefore, when it comes to looking more toned and defined, weightlifting doesn't have anything to do with it!

And if you think this whole light weights with high reps thing is a stupid myth, how about this next one. "I don't work out with free weights like dumbbells and barbells because I'm not looking to get huge, I use mostly machines now to tone and define me." This one is a classic! People seem to think that machines use magical powers that free weights don't have. They think a machine will help tone you, while free weights will only add muscle and bulk. Hate to ruin the ending for you, but this is once again, complete and total bullshit! Be it free weights or machines, neither one of them is having any effect in terms of "tone and definition." Remember what we learned before? To get more toned and defined, you just need to get rid of more of the fat that is covering your muscles. Sure you need to do some weightlifting in order to have the muscle part of this equation, but that is all the weightlifting is doing. Therefore, high reps or low reps, light weight or heavy weight, machines or free weights, none of these are a factor when it comes to the almighty "tone and definition."

Some people must be scratching their heads right now wondering what in the hell will actually get them more toned and defined. The answer to this question is extremely simple. To get more toned and defined, you have to lose more of the fat that is covering your muscles, and the only way, and let me repeat this, THE ONLY WAY to lose fat from any part of your body is through your diet and by doing enough cardio exercise (jogging, riding a bike, etc.). That's it right there, nothing more to it.

Since I hate the words "toned" and "defined," and since I have probably said those words about 100 times during this article, hopefully I never have to use those words ever again. But, this doesn't rule out all of the words I hate. Don't even get me started on "sculpt" and "sculpting

?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.