What did you score the first round of Maynard/Edgar?

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Big K, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

Seriously...10-6 Maynard? That was the most onesided round I've ever seen that wasn't stopped.
    test
  2. SprungyMC

SprungyMC Active Member

10-8 but edgar just murdered maynard in 2nd round aswell
    test
  3. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

10-8m, 10-9e, 10-9m, 10-9e, 10-10d

maynard wins

im not upset bout the decision though. round 5 was so close it could of went either way (which is why i just put it as a split round, but mma judges never do that). i wanna know how we ended up with a 48-46 edgar round though?
    test
  4. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

drucking faw

it was a justified draw
    test
  5. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

I had it,

Rd. 1: 10-8 Maynard
    Rd. 2: 10-9 Edgar
    Rd. 3: 10-9 Maynard
    Rd. 4: 10-9 Edgar
    Rd. 5: 10-9 Edgar
    Total: 47-47 Draw

Right after round 4 ended I even said if Edgar wins round 5 the fight should be a draw

It was plausible, hopefully Maynard gets another shot though. He should fight the Edgar-Pettis winner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    test
  6. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

I think they're saying Dana is gonna give Gray an instant rematch (booooo)
    test
  7. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

They already confirmed Pettis is getting the shot

test
  8. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

Never mind. Dana changed his mind, Maynard will be getting the immediate rubbermatch

test
  9. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Yeah when I heard they were gonna move on with the Pettis fight I got excited....then crash
    test
  10. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

wheres everyone on here who bitched how boring edgar/maynard would be? that was a good fuckin fight through every round, i said the shit OVER AN OVER.. i dont think anyone here that complained really watched the first fight they had

i had edgar winning 48-47

the most controversial seems to be the 1st/3rd rounds..

1st: 10-8 maynard (im borderline 10-7 though.. tough call)
    2nd: 10-9 edgar
    3rd: 10-10 tie (explained below)
    4th: 10-9 edgar
    5th: 10-9 edgar

my reasons for the draw are that frankie landed more standing, maynard had 2 takedowns and a pass to halfguard but frankie also ended the round with a tight guillotine that looked like it POSSIBLY could have been locked in with more time.. edgar barely landed more strikes so the takedowns/pass put maynard above, but the strong guillotine finish i think evens it out because that could have been a end to the night if im right and there'd been more time..

people tend to not look at a close submission like a close knockout, but shouldnt you?
    a close KO is a 10-8 maybe 10-7.. but a close sub never gets the credit..
    shit, im barely giving it the credit considering i scored it 10-10, but i thought it evened the takedowns out
    test
  11. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

That shit was 10-7. Anyone that thinks that it was 10-8 does not understand the 10 point must system. If they are going to call it a 10 point must system then they need to score it as such. If you knock a guy down twice and almost end the fight twice, that shit is 10-7 period. There is no debate. Anyone that wants to respond to this post and argue, here is a preemptive go fuck yourself.
    test
  12. MagicFX

MagicFX Idle

tbh round 1 was a 10-7 and maynard should have won the fight.
    rd 2 -10-9 edgar
    rd 3 -10-9 maynard
    rd 4 -10-9 edgar
    rd 5 -10-9 edgar

was a good fight.. but maynard beat that ass in round 1 and should have won the fight because of it.

oh well give him another shot this year.

looks like pettis vs sherk next.
    test
  13. MagicFX

MagicFX Idle

not only did he knock him down twice seeson.. but he also landed 10 power shots in that round. which would also constitute a dedution for edgar.
    test
  14. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

I agree that it was a 10-7, but the MMA score system is weird as fuck. In boxing/kickboxing, shit is scored by rounds. Here's the official definition of how rounds are to be scored in MMA, though.

Source: http://www.mmamemories.com/2007/12/14/mma-rules-unified-rules-for-mixed-martial-arts.html

What those words really mean is subjective and can vary from person to person, unlike a knockdown. It's BS really.
    test
  15. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

After you mentioned this in the Gambling thread, I started to come around this way of thinking. The first fight wasn't as great as this one was, but it was an exciting fight.

This.

Though I can agree with people saying that Rd 3 was a 10-10.
    test
  16. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

I dont see how anyone can score round 3 a 10-10. One guillotine attempt at the last second by Frankie does not overcome being out boxed and taken down

test
  17. Fuzzy Dunlop

Fuzzy Dunlop this ainta pageant pimpin

round 1 = 10-8

you are going overboard if you give him more than that
    test
  18. Mac Fucking Sab

Mac Fucking Sab Loose Cannon

I don't really award anything less than an 8. Don't see much logic in it. Either you get the ref to stop it or you don't.

but I know I had it 3 rounds to 2 for Maynard, plus that 10-8 round. Only tough round to score was 5.
    test
  19. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

It was a 10/6 rnd but to keep it fair it was 10/7

Mma needs to learn how to score their fucking fights
    test
  20. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

there is no 10-6 rounds.. and seeson, 10-7 like it says is when a fighter completely DOMINATES a round with striking.. so he had him hurt for awhile then frankie started to turn it around as it went on clearly he could never win it but he didnt lose the entire round just that short period. if he had him hurt then completely controlled the striking throughout the rest of the round i would agree but he didnt frankie turned it back in his favor.. now wouldnt that constitute nullifying a complete domination? it sounds more reasonable to say he overwhelmed him.

i liked what dana said, 10-7's happen but their like unicorns your lucky if you ever see one

reason being if a fighter does what maynard did and continues to dominate a round its a very thin line between stopping it and letting it go, usually its stopped
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.