what did i tell yall about Jamie Foxx as Ray CHarles a couple weeks ago?

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by Nimrod, Oct 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Worm Plasma

Worm Plasma Registered Abuser

cos he has said that before on different issues...like they really followed his opinion on the matter lmao
    test
  2. deadweather

deadweather ******

test
  3. Mc RhetoriK

Mc RhetoriK aka Innovator

it looks promising, e.g. this review @ imdb:

'But…

All pale in comparison to the performance turned in by Jamie Foxx as the late, legendary singer Ray Charles. Every mannerism and idiosyncrasy were keenly accounted for; from the peculiar curvature of Ray's mouth as he sung to Ray's signature stiff, swaying, semi-ambulatory gait. From Ray's staccato, country speech pattern to his distinctive style of moving his hands about the keyboard, Foxx did it all…perfectly.

This performance is awe-inspiring and unparalleled in nature. It is not only one of the greatest in Black cinema history…but in American cinematic history.

Jamie Foxx wasn't 'just like' Ray Charles. This wasn't some great 'impression' or imitation of Ray Charles.

He WAS Ray Charles.

That's not hyperbole, just legitimate reasons as to why Jamie Foxx deserves the Academy Award for Best Actor.

Granted, Foxx has neither been nominated nor have I seen possibly the other yet-to-be-named nominees. Yet I submit to you…I dare you to find another display of acting genius this year that exceeds Foxx's. Another omission by Academy voters this time would be shameful beyond mention.

What makes this movie special is more than just Foxx's performance. If you remember Ray or are familiar with archive footage you better appreciate the directorial vision of Taylor Hackford. Many of the 'performance' scenes and camera angles mimic the original footage and allow a very clear comparison of Jamie Foxx to Ray Charles. It was like watching the actual footage.

No…it was like watching Ray.'
    test
  4. Cire

Cire The Peoples Champion

Will Smith did get Nominated for Ali. There was alot of Oscar Buzz about Jamie Foxx getting nominated for Supporting Actor. he didnt, Willenium did.
    test
  5. E. Fate

E. Fate Guest

Will Smith did get nominated for Ali, but he lost to Denzel
    test
  6. SALVDOR

SALVDOR Delyreeuz Owns Me

wow ... u predicted a movie would be good

thats astronomical

hence another 'prediction achievement award' under your belt

u should do this for a career
    test