What AreYour Goals?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by LiveFromThe781, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

basically, why are you lifting and dieting? what do you hope to accomplish? is there a weight youre trying to hit for an exercise bench,squat,deadlift, etc.? do you lift to help you with another activity or sport? just looking to see what peoples various goals and reasons for lifting are.

personally i just lift to lift. i just keep learning new techniques,exercises, etc. and put them to use. my short term goal for now to put on around 10lbs of muscle, i dont know exactly how long this will take as theres a lot variables to take into account, but i just plan to eat a ton and lift a lot. ill get into more detail if anyone has any questions about diet, routine, supplements, etc.
    test
  2. XxLiLBuRnAxX

XxLiLBuRnAxX Prolly smarter than you

My friend who I mentioned in the other thread is pretty much my goal....to look similiar to him. Which really isn't too far off from what I am now. Anything bigger would look abnormal and funny.

I like lifting cuz it gives me a hobby. During my 3 month hiatus I was...eh...kinda bored. I felt like I was always supposed to be doing something while I lounged around (it reminded me of my off days when I would lounge around but always ate at 2 hour intervals....during my hiatus I still remained on that same internal clock I just didnt stick to it....it was weird ALWAYS feeling like I was supposed to be doing something). Without lifting and eating right I didnt have a hobby.....I didnt DO anything at all. It was weird.
    test
  3. LiveFromThe781

i know what youre saying. i always feel like i have to be doing something, as do most. despite the bullshit stereotype of americans being lazy we're actually the busiest country, but thats another story. as far as training is tied into it, yea its like 1) i want to get my goals accomplish ASAP so that means i have to train as often as possible and as efficiently as possible. 2) after a workout i feel like ive done something positive and it leaves with a good feeling afterwards, especially when you just busted your ass and broke some of your own records. thats whats great about lifting IMO: its a competitive, but its you competing against yourself so when you out-do yourself its great for your self esteem to just show you that you can do better, you can do more, that nothing can stop you. its also a great stress reliever. nothing like getting through a tough ass workout and sipping that protein shake with that "i did it" feeling and being able to relax for a few minutes.
    test
  4. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

My goal was to get healthy to pretty much stay alive.

Now I do it because I enjoy it. It's been 7 years since I've been able to play sports properly. Now I box and I'm actually being encouraged to take it up seriously. I play rugby and I think probably the best thing of all is I no longer get get fat man flash sweats from simple shit like getting out the car.
    test
  5. ThisMiss

ThisMiss Guest

I want aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabs

But theyre so freaking hard to get!
    test
  6. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

as are knuckles too, by the looks of it.

owwwwwwwww
    test
  7. ThisMiss

ThisMiss Guest

[game]

My double jointed fingers are ceeeeeeeeuuuute!
    test
  8. LiveFromThe781

^

http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1735432&cr=

also you need to be at a low bodyfat percentage in conjunction with established abdominal muscle mass...basicaly you gotta have muscles there and then low enough fat for it to be visible.

if you dont have an ab-wheel, use a barbell with a couple weights on the end, the more weight the better IMO, plus if you do it at the gym people will think youre a badass.

other ways to get abs = squats, deadlifts, chinups ..if you do these at the gym people will also think youre a badass, just make sure ya do em right.
    test
  9. ThisMiss

ThisMiss Guest

Ugh I tell you, I try. And I am fit, I don't have fat on my stomach.. I just can't get the visable abs. I'm working on it though... I'm working on it...
    test
  10. LiveFromThe781

well then you just gotta put on that muscle.
    test
  11. ThisMiss

ThisMiss Guest

I think getting abs is harder for girls than for guys.
    test
  12. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

What exercises do you do ThisMiss?

And my goal is to be huge and hit huge lifting numbers.
    test
  13. LiveFromThe781

muscle in general is harder to put on for girls than guys just due to genetic makeup but even still

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    test
  14. ThisMiss

ThisMiss Guest

I def. DONT want to look like that. lol That's kinda masculine. I'd just like a little more definition than I have.

And I think the first one is actually a man. Judging by her arms and her stomach, plus she has a manly chin.
    test
  15. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

you must have bad genetics
    test
  16. MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN

MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN Ray of Sunshine

To drop my last ten pounds.. I hate that everyone was right about it being easy to drop the weight in the beginning, but that last ten pounds is becoming a serious pain in my butt! When I drop that ten pounds then I get to start planning my party to celebrate my hard work!
    test
  17. LiveFromThe781

^just make sure your "party" doesnt negate everything youve accomplished. also, what does your diet consist of now? your weight? exercise routine etc

i wasnt suggesting you go out and try to look like those women, im just trying to show that even though it is hard, its possible, thats all.
    test
  18. ThisMiss

ThisMiss Guest

Ugh I freaking must. Because my tummy just does not want to tone.
    test
  19. ThisMiss

ThisMiss Guest

But I'm on a mission. Just wait, by next summer, I'll have my definition....
    test
  20. LiveFromThe781

well, i think itd really help if you started to keep a log. track your calories, carbs,fiber,protein, fat, sugar

also keep track of your exercises/rest periods, every detail counts.

perhaps your body has adapted to whatever training method your undergoing, it is extremely vital to mix it up, either do new exercises, increase weight, or increase reps.

also, from my personal opinion, girls who lift have much better physiques than girls who dont. lifting will you give you more shape whereas cardio will just make you look 2-deminsional, and dont worry about looking like those girls above (although the last one is sexy) they are genetically gifted and are professionals, they train harder than most men.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.