what are your thoughts on little brother? ...

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Nu'maaN, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

... two really good rappers with an amazing producer.

but fuck me if they waste 85% of their songs singing shitty ass fucking lame cunt of hooks.

disgusting voice in the hook, no melody, and they're constantly rapping and singing about girls, the fuck?

the only three or four tracks i left on my playlist and didn't shift+delete were the songs about the streets.

everything else, more times than not is about chasing girls, trying to pick up girls, and not being able to pick up.

:numaan:
    test
  2. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

i think theyre awesome.
    test
  3. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

no denying that, but you don't get annoyed with their shitty as hooks and subject matter?

i swear they could've done so much better, i wish phonte completed the album he had in plan with elzhi.

test
  4. P. Chase

P. Chase Well-Known Member

They're good but not great
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  5. Esoteriq

Esoteriq Worst Behavior

One exceptionally excellent rapper, and a mediocre rapper behind him. Phonte is one of my favorite rappers ever. He's one of the "thoughtful" rappers and his words have extreme amounts of insight.

Do. Not. Like. Pooh. I just don't. He's painfully average.

Their music is still solid. The Listening is classic. Mistrel Show is good, Getback was oookay.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  6. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Phonte is a great writer... but sometimes, he can get too boring with his flow... but I love the gems that he drops from time to time... "denial is not a game that I'm prepared to play/ so I express things that most niggas is scared to say."
    test
  7. Geedorah

Geedorah King

I dont have a brother.
    test
  8. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

phonte is pretty good I won't deny that....I will deny to the death of me that 9th is anywhere near as good as people praise him as.....Dude is aight and all, but people just praise him so much it is bothersome...
    test
  9. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

LOL... I feel that way about Dilla, too... both are good yet both receive incessant praise... Dilla fans praise him as a god.

Once Jay-Z co-signed 9th, then his popularity went off the charts... the same thing happened to Kanye and Just Blaze.
    test
  10. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

You know that I can be long winded about any dilla mentioning, but I concur that many younger kids hop on bandwagons that they have zero understanding of, thus diluting the intended message and honest praise....the dilla changed my life stuff is very honest and true, but has been taken on by people who think its cool.....

with kanye and just blaze, particularly just blaze, the work stood out before the name I think.....he earned his cosigns, kanye did too, he just hadn't done as much yet....Jay didn't use a good 9th beat at all, so I never got the cosign.....I listened to more, but I never felt anything was beyond decent....
    test
  11. Superman70

Superman70 edited

they're alright but i rarely listen. kinda like murs.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  12. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

^ for some reason they always reminded me of murs too, perhaps the 9th wonder beats.

this was my exact thought, i really don't like pooh, i hate his rap name too, he's so shit in comparison to phonte.

phonte can outshine elzhi on tracks, whereas pooh just has a hard time keeping up with any rapper.

test
  13. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

fuck jay's co-signs.

i didn't need his co-sign to respect dilla as my favourite producer of all time.

test
  14. CypherA

CypherA Member

I thought they were dope. Beats did outshine the rhymes, but it wasn't a huge difference. There is a big difference in talent between Phonte and Big Pooh, however. The Minstrel Show is an excellent album, production on that is monstrous. The Listening is cool too. Some of their mix albums like The Chitlin Circuit were dope too. A solid group from the 2000s, one of the better ones actually.
    test
  15. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

Little Brother was prob my fav new group at a point,,I was obsess with The Listening,,fucked with Big Pooh's solo shit but not as much n foreign exchange was dope, hype for Minstrel SHow was higghh, album was real dope, Hiding Place mmm, Get Back was dope too but didn't really measure up. Love that song with Weezy though!
    test
  16. ronnie enclade

ronnie enclade Member

2 classic albums imo
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  17. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Big Pooh may be wack lyrically... in a technical sense... but he provided a certain soul to the group... I mean, they're all soulful, but Pooh had this shine or happiness in his voice that was sort of a foil or contrast to Phonte's seriousness and sarcastic wit... I like those rap duos with different and contrasting styles... like Big Boi & Andre or Q-Tip & Phife or Vast Aire & Vordul Megilah or Lord Jamar & Sadat X, after Grand Puba left... they add texture.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  18. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Only one and that is The Listening... The Minstrel Show was decent, not a classic.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  19. ronnie enclade

ronnie enclade Member

to you not to me im not conforming to your opinion to me they have two classics imo in the listening and the minstrel show.
    test
  20. ronnie enclade

ronnie enclade Member

big pooh to me is not wack imo

This is Hip Hop
    Niggas wearing flip flops
    Thinking they the shit cause they designer
    Fucking prima dona's
    I do this for wonder rhymers
    Respect to the old timers
    I'm the snake charmer
    Comma