What are you non-believers trying to prove?

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Hope., Jul 30, 2013.

1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

its funny cus i was just talking to someone about this last nite.
    Its hard to say. i think there are strong reasons why it could be true.
    it allows God to see what we would do when given the opportunity. without the finality from our actions our decisions would cause.

its deff. an interesting thought.
    test
  2. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

alright, but then it sounds like you are using some empirical standard if you claim to have evidence of 'something else.'

those are sort of subjective areas, imo. i only apply empirical testing to empirical claims.

but i do think that we use evidence to assess how our spouse might feel towards us, albeit it's not exactly an objective test. but we pick up on cues and shit like that. we don't just jump in feet first based on nothing.
    test
  3. reggie jax

actually, let me backtrack a second with the computer simulation thing. i can't believe this didn't occur to me. any evidence you might have of 'something else' is irrelevant, as it would be a part of the simulation if the idea is true.
    test
  4. D Funkdafied

D Funkdafied D-Funkdafied Music

I rather believe in something that is more likely, backed up, shows evidence and continues to question. Instead of believing in some books that were written and thought by man to ruin the future of the human race which they did by causing war and conflict. Since the 1700, there has been an increase in how we think and I am glad of it as we do NOT need faith. All religion is un-evident, it is stubborn, never changes, and can't answer questions realistically or provide proof. (I hope this is what we are talking about haha)
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  5. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

• +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  6. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

it is dont worry, its just the christians in here would argue with you on everything you said there...
    im not one of them, just thought id let you know theyve covered your paragraph a million times over the existence of this forum. I tend to argue both sides because i believe in some sort of higher power, i just dont believe its as meddling, judgemental, or that there is even a heaven. I dont believe in heaven or hell.

im more open to there being no god than i am open to the idea that god is like the christians say he is in this forum.... and in this forum, there are the more hardcore christians than youre probably used to.

ive never personally met ones like these outside of the internet.
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  7. D Funkdafied

D Funkdafied D-Funkdafied Music

Funny how I actually was looking for posts about music haha and I always come across religion since it is what I debate about a lot. They can say what they feel, but I am major debater, religious believers that I debate with always leave the room because of the heat haha! I recommend watching this video too, Richard Dawkins is "DOPE" haha -

test
  8. Hope.

Hope. ambition

test
  9. antilluminati

antilluminati Well-Known Member

test
  10. Caesar

Caesar Natural Aristocracy

I don't think I could stomach this forum without reggie jax.
    test
  11. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

for sheezy....

if it wasnt for him and a few others id never come in here... theres only so many times i can be told that in heaven there is jobs and babysitters
    test
  12. AliceHouse

AliceHouse The House Always Wins

I know, right? Everyone knows heaven is filled with carnival rides and midway games. Like, duh.
    test
  13. reggie jax

well in this case the idea is that we live in a computer simulation created by another civilization, not god.

the idea is basically that if such simulations are possible, then it's probable we live in one as the number of entities existing in simulated universes would vastly outnumber the number of entities existing in the original.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Bostrom#Simulation_argument
    i don't agree with this. thebigpayback is just about the only consistent christian poster that remains. and his strain of christianity isn't that extreme imo. fanciful, sure, but not that extreme.
    appreciate the shout out. i often decide i'm going to stay away from this place and focus my efforts on something more productive, but somehow i always get drawn back in.
    test
  14. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i was basically trying to explain that being new, the things he said had been covered... and if hed of known that he might of chosen something else.. payback has good rebuttals for everything he said there...

Paybacks my dude... and i know hes the only consistent one.. but yeah.. well, yeah. Theres other dudes... but they arent as active haha yeah
    test
  15. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

pretty much.

everybody else is just on the same fucking shit from ten years ago.

:numaan:
    test
  16. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

If god was real it would tell you all too relax n stop over analizing things that bring nothing relevant or benificial in to your life
    test
  17. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

The thing you find extreme about my belief is simply that there are consequences for our actions.
    Albeit eternal at times, but as far as
    christianity goes thats just about par for the course.

Im not Lp, i dont change my world view 3 times a day. Im not coup, I believe the bible cover to cover. And im deff not alias, I dont make stuff up as I go along.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  18. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

I love my views I consider them panoramic
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  19. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

no i personally call it extreme because the christians i know off the internet dont believe the stuff you do, let alone learn it at their church. Also the versions i heard of and was around growing up also werent the same things as your version. Your version is much harsher. SO to me your version is extreme.

i already know there is consequences to our actions, I believe in karma.
    test
  20. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

Then don't give an opinion positive or negative on the existance of God and nobody will ask for you to prove it but if you want to claim there's no God I will question how do you know that.

My method is I don't really speak on invisible pink unicorns
    test