What are you non-believers trying to prove?

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Hope., Jul 30, 2013.

1. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

Its already been established that its not a fact. Just to clarify were talking about the same thing, the statement made by sky where he/she said "fact of the matter is...." and proceeded to assume every man woman and child that exists automatically thinks of a higher being that made us when considering humans.....

and weve been over this 1000x. This will be the last time i tell you, Im not an atheist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, we do this about 1nce a month for the last 2yrs and i always tell you im not an atheist. Never once have i said i was. Please dont forget this time.

also, in regards to you being able to be proud of your life if there is no god. Do you think people who dont believe in god live shitty lives and are always fucking people over and being mean and shit?
    every atheist i know personally is an upstanding citizen. Has compassion and is kind. Lots of people could be proud. Lots of non religious people are proud because they are good people.
    You dont need religion to be a good person...

the only mindfuck for me if your religion turns out to be truth is that ill be like WTF is this lame shit?

it would be more that than "oh no i must repent" my first exact thought would be "WTF God, you are one lame sonovabitch...."

then id probably submit to the lame ass club cuz if your religion is right, i dont want to be tortured for eternity in some gay ass level of hell with weird ass specific tortures......
    test
  2. Caesar

Caesar Natural Aristocracy

Going all Pascal's wager on you heathens.
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  3. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

I was just replying to ur segment of the topic, directed at everyone. not specificly at you.
    test
  4. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

I firmly believe that if you are a believer or non believer who feels the need to attack anothers belief. Not debate but attack. It shows a weakness in your own spirit and a fear of the other belief. It's someone not solid in themselves that have to attack others.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  5. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

How about you look up the word unicorn from scripture to understand the meaning before showing your own ignorance
    test
  6. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

That is false and a cop out non believers use so they never need to do reasoning. The burden of proof lies with whoever is making the claim. Not automcatically with the believer.

As well I've never found a non believer to give me a examples of what kind of "proof" would be accepted for God. Or if God of the bible was real what "evidence" do they claim is missing. Some things might not be able to be proven by out empirical testing capabilities.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  7. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Oh there's no merit nor meaning to charlatanism.
    test
  8. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

That doesn't make sense. But just to educate you guys when the bible speaks about the unicorn they are not talking about the mythical magical horse that can fly Speaking of animal believed to be similar to a Rhino. If you look into history they're few one horned animals they believe to be described about here.

[​IMG]

This is believed to be a visual rendition of the Unicorn as described in scripture

Do you know how many extint animals that we know about come close to the description of Unicorn?
    test
  9. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

i agree, but the problem is that the claims in question are a matter of empirical fact. either god exists or it doesn't. either x event from the bible is true or it's not.

in most cases, empirical claims that can't be tested aren't taken all that seriously. at best they are used as food for thought.

for example.. the philosopher who poses the problem that we probably live in a computer simulation. the reasoning he uses to arrive at that conclusion might be interesting, and it might actually even be perfectly sound.. but ultimately most of us go on living our lives as if we don't live in a computer simulation, because it's an inherently unverifiable claim.

so in my mind if it's true that god can't be tested then that in itself is reason enough not to believe.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  10. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Won't be breaking it down, you've already missed the metaphore behind the unicorn.
    test
  11. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

Won't be breaking it down or have no point and have been cut in ignorance
    test
  12. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

I say God exist you might say he doesn't. As God is not a physical being there's no known test to say who's correct.

To not believe cause God can't be tested shows nothing to God but the limitations of our empirical testing. As that to be a reason for you not to believe means you just don't want to believe so you looking for reasons to do so
    test
  13. reggie jax

do you believe we live in a computer simulation?
    test
  14. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Maybe.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  15. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Won't be breaking it down. (2nd time)
    test
  16. reggie jax

do you believe, though? not do you think it's possible.
    test
  17. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

No I don't but it's not because of lack of "empirical" evidence. But because of evidence that leads me to believe something else. I think you put empirical testing higher than it should be. How can you get into a relationship with anyone. What test do you put them through for proof of love and trust.
    test
  18. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

hahahahah You mean can't break it down. It's ok I understand when some can't accept they were in error
    test
  19. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Proof of love and trust? easy...pre-nups.
    test
  20. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Trololololol.
    test