What are you non-believers trying to prove?

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Hope., Jul 30, 2013.

1. Hope.

Hope. ambition

Apologies @the bro reference.

And, no it isn't a troll thread.

But, You are free to take this thread however you feel the need too.

I had a question, so I asked.

I just wanted to know why some non-believers bash others belief-system (and that could go either way) and , i asked whats the significance.
    test
  2. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

Not sure how questioning people's belief in the book of unicorns & an imaginary being would be considered "bashing".
    test
  3. Geedorah

Geedorah King

How can asking a question be bashing?
    test
  4. Hope.

Hope. ambition

test
  5. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  6. Caesar

Caesar Natural Aristocracy

Waaah waaaah

Unlike all other beliefs, mine should be immune to any sort of criticism

waaaah
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  7. antilluminati

antilluminati Well-Known Member

People who get butthurt deserve to be trolled. End of.
    test
  8. Caesar

Caesar Natural Aristocracy

Speaking for myself

I test others because I feel that a lot of people's 'spiritual beliefs' are rooted in poor cognitive habits.

These poor cognitive habits often translate into stupid opinions about politics, human nature and reality in general. I see it as a symptom of your weak critical-thinking ability which does affect the rest of us in myriad ways.
    test
  9. antilluminati

antilluminati Well-Known Member

True.. A lot of the same people say "just because" when you ask "why" ^^
    test
  10. Hope.

Hope. ambition

How can me asking a question be trolling?

Like I said, I asked a question...

if you're going to get "butt-hurt" because I asked, don't respond in the thread.

when you speak for yourself, your lines read a lot smoother; because that waaah waaah shit had you looking suspect too me for a min. But, thank you for answering the question on why you test others beliefs (It wasn't hard at all now was it).

The fact is: plenty of people I KNOW always wonder why some people feel it necessary to bash/criticize/condemn their religion/beliefs. So, I asked for insight on it.

The ones butt-hurt to me are the one's who are making this solely about me and my reasons for asking the question at all, instead of just answering the question. So again, if you don't like the question I asked or the way I asked it... don't post in here or close the thread.
    test
  11. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

^^hey man, this forum is largely made up of atheists and agnostics, you came off like you were saying its only non believers doing the bashing which probably got under the skin of some atheists and agnostics. (im spiritual but not religous just so you know)

In my experience, the main difference between the type of bashing is that christians(or other religious folk) tell the nonbelievers they are doomed and heathens and probably going to hell.

All atheists say is that what the religious folk believe is bogus and funny

1 guy is condemning the other, and 1 is only laughing at what they find rediculous

theres a big difference in arrogance there.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  12. Hope.

Hope. ambition

I see...

But, check it.

When I said 'non-believers' i meant why people bash those who choose to be Atheist, why do people bash those who are Catholic, Muslim, Christian, etc... it was for everyone, that's why I said you choose who you want too serve. Everyone has their own choice, and motherfuckers coming in here taking everything i say out of context and trying to dumb it down, that's that silly ignorant shit that happens in threads the reason it NEVER stays intellectual.

For the record, I'm not with the trolling trend. I'm a grown man, if i feel like joking i'd rather call up a close friend and do that over a few drinks instead of sitting at home going ape shit on some kid I don't know, that's childs-play.
    test
  13. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

well you had good intentions

the basic answer for 'why' is ego.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  14. Geedorah

Geedorah King

You should have explained what non believers are.
    test
  15. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Also, aint you bashing people now?
    I asked you who are non believers you didnt answer, you posted some silly smilie, now you claim you are not trolling, I dont believe you.
    test
  16. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

sure... pretend to be ignorant to what non-believer means in the context of a religious discussion. maybe somebody will believe you.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  17. Geedorah

Geedorah King

I didnt know atheism is a religion.
    test
  18. reggie jax

how is that relevant to what i said?
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  19. reggie jax

oh i see.. you think i was contradicting you, hence your neg rep. i didn't even read your post. i was actually poking fun at the thread starter. feel free to stay mad, tho.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  20. Hope.

Hope. ambition

*while drinking this 40*

I'm just wondering why you all are acting like I joined this board to troll a group of grown men. That shit might be what you use too but, I'm far from an attention junkie looking too get praise clowning with you guys. I just asked a question, you see how questions can cause problems? Questions at times begets controversy because not everyone agrees and you very seldom find people who agree to disagree.
    test