What are you non-believers trying to prove?

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Hope., Jul 30, 2013.

1. Hope.

Hope. ambition

NOBODY is going to budge to serve whom they don't want too, simple as that.

and in many threads, A LOT of folks give themselves away to be non-believers.

As a matter of fact, It looks like a lot do it WILLINGLY because they have this strong feeling that the information they received on what they are/whom they serve is more BELIEVABLE

So, why can't Christians? It's OK for you to believe what you believe, but not for us? that sounds biased.

But, BELIEVERS shouldn't try to force you into their world, it's your choice; and every believer knows that.

(Again, Depending on what you believe, I guess...)

"And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the Gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the Gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell, but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." (Joshua 24:15)

^This is what I believe. It's fair to me. and this is why it's PERSONAL. Because it lets ALL know that it's up to YOU and YOU ONLY whom you choose to serve, so the bashing is unnecessary, because it's pointless as Twamp stated previously.

It's just funny to me, how some can humiliate me for being Christian, then try to convince me in a million in one ways that my thought process is failing because I believe in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. (something/someone in the air/ something/someone you never seen,) etc... (I heard/seen it all) In defense... I'm going to tell you PERSONALLY, how God has blessed me in a way, and how according to me YOUR judgement may seem flawed, because the God I serve is an awesome God.
    test
  2. Hope.

Hope. ambition

This thread is all about personal preference, if you know why you do what you do/serve whom you serve...

why waste so much time studying a different belief system just to contradict someone else faith?

I feel this is a fair question.

I'm not saying you have to believe in my god or anyone elses, you don't even have to belief at all.

I'm just curious...

You all are picking out little things of what I say and not answering the question.
    test
  3. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

I study many religions, and not for the reasons you assume. I don't think it's a waste of time to study something I get enjoyment out of.
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  4. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

The reason I didn't answer the question was because it doesn't apply to me, FYI.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  5. Hope.

Hope. ambition

I'm not assuming brother, I'm just asking a question.
    test
  6. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

You just asked (someone), why waste time studying a different belief system just to contradict someone else's faith? Am I reading you wrong? Please explain what you meant by that.
    test
  7. Hope.

Hope. ambition

You're not reading me wrong brother.

It's fine that you study other religions bro.

Reading is fundamental.

But, all i'm asking is (for those who do it) why take all that you've learned too contradict/bash someone elses belief system?

This goes for ANY and EVERY religion, it's not up to either of us, on either side too tell someone/anyone what to be/whom to serve.

If were going to discuss, lets discuss, as you said... the sanctuary on RM is a place of opinion...

But, that doesn't mean make a mockery of someone's belief system...

and if you do make a mockery, what are you proving? whats the significance?
    test
  8. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

um yes he did. Sir. Infront of many witnesses. Its even still in the thread. Unless hes gone back to edit since then.

besides that was just 1 thing of many since the forum started that some of the christians have said, i picked it because its glaringly retarded

all im saying is it goes both ways and its the reason this forum exists. If it didnt neither would the forum. I wouldnt cry if this forum was deleted.

but the wrestling forums deserves to go before this one... i mean fucking wrestling? that shits fuckin lame
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  9. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

You might get your wish soon, tbh.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  10. Hope.

Hope. ambition

I understand bro...

that's why I said non-believers (period) from either side...

But, you also made another point... the chaos does make the forum SOME-WHAT interesting for those who enjoy it.

But, it's still wrong, imo.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  11. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

*does double arm pump

i dont even know why i hate that forum so much, i ignore it. I think i want it gone cuz i know it will annoy the 5 people that ever used it lol
    test
  12. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

i don't know what kind of discussion can be had without contradicting other people's beliefs. the key is to be mature enough to not take that to heart.

maybe give a specific example from the forum of the kind of behavior you're complaining about?
    test
  13. Hope.

Hope. ambition

I'm not complaining bro.

The question is as simple as it reads...

And there's plenty of examples being made everyday, not just here in this forum...

That's why I asked a general question.
    test
  14. reggie jax

let's see... i think you answered your own question for me in your second post
    i want to share my views. simple question, simple answer.

but i do think you're raising a complaint here that seems pretty specific to non believers on this board. so there should be plenty of examples here to give. i just want to know specifically what you're talking about.
    test
  15. Hope.

Hope. ambition

Again, I'm not complaining, nor do I feel I am raising a complaint.

i'm asking the significance of downgrading someone elses belief, period.

Honestly, I'm high, I don't feel like going through each post that lead me to this curiosity.

I'm just trying to understand the point...

But, you all made good points as far as this forum is concerned, opinions are going to get flared and not everyone's opinion is going to be suitable for those who receive it however they do.
    test
  16. reggie jax

the reason i'm asking for examples is that there are different interpretations of what "downgrading someone else's belief" might mean. if just saying that you think someone else is wrong is downgrading their belief, then the point is obvious. "expressing your view" and "downgrading someone else's belief" are the exact same thing if your view happens to be that their belief is wrong.
    test
  17. antilluminati

antilluminati Well-Known Member

I'm not religious, as a religion is usually sketched up and usually institutionalized. My belief is personal, based on what I know contrasted towards what I feel is possible and connected with. I would never dream of pushing my belief/feelings as fact, even if that was believing in a scripture or a story.

I mean look at the definition:

believe
    to have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something, although withoutabsolute proof that one is right in doing so.
    verb (used with object)
    to have confidence or faith in the truth of (a positive assertion, story, etc.); give credence to.
    to have confidence in the assertions of (a person).
    to have a conviction that (a person or thing) is, has been, or will be engaged in a given action orinvolved in a given situation: The fugitive is believed to be headed for the Mexican border.
    to suppose or assume; understand (usually followed by a noun clause): I believe that he has left town.

I mean.. when you know that the word believe means you don't actually KNOW anything.. Why would one get cocky, high and might, angry and militant about it? Anything else but humble and openminded about developing their thoughts about it seems a bit ignorant to me. Even if someone told you you were going to hell if you didn't stick to the script. Sounds like mindcontrol to me..
    • +Rep +Rep x 3
    test
  18. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

Actually, "non-believers" have nothing to prove. It's the believers who've got all the proving to do.

Edit; what's with all this servitude mentioning @Hope.?
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  19. Hope.

Hope. ambition

Neither side has to prove anything.

Edit: and I don't know bro, just throwing something out there... lol
    test
  20. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

Not a bro. I'll take it it's a troll thread then?

Modus vivendi, I guess.
    test