What are you non-believers trying to prove?

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Hope., Jul 30, 2013.

1. AliceHouse

AliceHouse The House Always Wins

I don't think I've ever done this, so I do hope you humor me on this. But I really want to see a bible quote on this. I've only read the New Testament and about half of the Old, so I'm assuming it's somewhere in the last half of the Old Testament?
    test
  2. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

Hahahah true
    test
  3. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

The truth found in the bible is some of the circumstantial evidence I speak of. As people will say just because some of it is true doesn't mean all of it is true.
    test
  4. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

2 Corinthians 5:17

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature (species of being that never previously existed): old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Dear friends, I urge you as aliens and exiles to keep on abstaining from the desires of the flesh that wage war against the soul.

heb 11:16But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared for them a city.

john 18:36Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.”

john 15:19If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

gen 1:26Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  5. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

didnt say aliens
    test
  6. TheBigPayback

If you look at a concordance and study the language its clear it is saying we (christians) are
    by definition "alien" to this world
    test
  7. TheBigPayback

I dont see that as being the truth.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truth
    test
  8. TheBigPayback

Ive reiterated where the idea came from in the bible and also which
    parts of that youve misrepresented
    many times now.
    test
  9. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

ther merriam webster dictionary describes in one of its definitions for truth as "a statement or idea that is accepted as true"

the "accepted as true" part is what i was referring to as it implies it might not actually be true
    test
  10. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

which parts i miserepresented is irrelevant. You originally said the 3 jobs were choir, financier, and babysitter. Anything else beyond that is arguing semantics and missing the point. My whole point was you said it, it sounded dumb. Which it did to me. Still does.
    test
  11. TheBigPayback

Thats not true. u took 3 seperate conversations and have muddled them together.

i said parents will still be able to raise children theyd miscarried or aborted.
    that there are children in heaven, schools and nurseries.

that was one conversation

jobs I said-you will work in heaven and the job u have will be what u were born to do, the talents that you have, it will be something you like doing.

Titles in the mellenial kingdom- I said we will be KINGS, and PRIESTS and will rule and reign with Christ

These were 3 diff convos. u took from them what u wanted to take from them.
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
    test
  12. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

well im not gonna argue about this because neither of us is gonna search through 4yrs of threads to prove each other wrong or prove ourselves right.

but in the very beginning you introduced it you specifically said those jobs together in the same post. Then later in explanation after i made fun of the jobs theres been many replies about it because i havent been able to get over it for 3yrs. I always bring it up and slowly it gets diluted with time because each time you reluctantly try to explain... again the details of which are old and stagnant.

lets agree to disagree on how you said it. And then agree to keep going over it each time i bring it up in the future ;)
    test
  13. TheBigPayback

I already did that like last month which u obviously glossed over. so im convinced your purpose is misinformation.
    test