What are you more likely to vote on?

Discussion in 'Emcee Hookups' started by Resilient., Aug 8, 2012.

?

What are you more likely to vote on?

1. a Battle that's 1 round, 32 lines MAX each emcee

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. a Battle that's 3 rounds, 48 lines per round each emcee?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

Vote and explain why.
    test
  2. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

I choose 1 round, because I would be too fucking lazy to read 300 lines.
    test
  3. L. Kross

L. Kross His Highness

Ummm, I wouldnt vote on the second one at all. I know deths been pushin this rwz shit whatever that is, but im not worried about gettin jerked on an online battle, you know how many rm battles ive lost? you know how many face to face live battles ive lost? RMs about 50/50, live in the flesh, i aint NEVER lost to a nigga so i try not to sweat it if i feel like i got played in a RM battle, yall should just go at it
    test
  4. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

I'll go at it.. 1 round. I'm not writing 150 lines.
    test
  5. Baron Mynd

Baron Mynd Swaggersaurus Rex

I haven't read a three round battle in YEARS!
    test
  6. MrFlux001

MrFlux001 Member

I can see the obvious benefits in the flips, consistency of the verses & generally seeing what a battler is made out of... but you would get 2 votes at most, probably. It's simply not worth anyone's time because of that. Casual 20-24 line battles are far more likely to get more votes & therefore must be considered the better option.
    test
  7. Baron Mynd

Where you from in Manny, Flux?
    test
  8. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

My battles on RM go on average 2 rounds, 48 bars. They get thousands of views and usually get numerous votes. So the truth is that the contentions that people don't check for or vote on the kinds of battles that I've been involved in are not true. Period. However, how speedily accepted and the number and speed of the votes accrued by text battles which equate to live battles or tracks depends directly upon the "text battle culture" on the site. So yo...if the site is more anchored toward lyricists who spit for real and on tracks and in cyphers? Madd views comments and bars abound. If not? Then the skill level of text battlers--along with their bar count, the quality of their votes, their skill level, etc--will be lower across the board. That's it.

Where I'm at in the LBC KILLA KALI bruthas spit for real. There is NO DIFFERENCE between what a lyricist will spit to your face on a street cypher, a live battle and what he/she/they write down. When you spit? You're EXPECTED to spit for the length of a song, or YOU CAN'T SPIT. That's like somebody trying to box...but can only go 1 minute when a basic round is 3 minutes. Getcha stamina knowledge of the sweet science and skillz up. Well, rap is just like that.

More rounds=more flips=more punches. More bars=more lyrical skillz displayed=more content=easier to make honest accurate decisions as to who the winner is. If you guys have battled or cyphered live? You know that if some dude comes in and spits 16 bars that's aight and another dude spits 64 bars chock full of ill punches, crazy rhyme scheme, switiching rhyme patterns, differing content, cold flow, sicc wordplay, blazing vocab, silly skill, madd creativity supa swagg and vicious versatility? The crowd goes crazy before 16 bars is up and they're interrupting the flow with sounds of approval. Like:"DAYAMN" and "AHAHAHA" and "MMMMMMM!!" and stuff.

I spit my verse vs Captain Planet, Aesthet1c, mrjdm, JiHaD, and Jai at my university yesterday. By the time I started with my verse vs mrjdm? We had like 100 people around us and a half dozen lyricists were there and we were cypherin. I mixed in freestyles with the verses I cited above, and heads were like:"OHHHH!' and "DETH'S ILL" and stuff.

Now the RWZ rules do alot more than just prevent you from being jerked in a text battle [ and don't front; we don't battle online without some kind of ego attachment to the outcome. We all want to win even if it's not hella important to us either way cuz it IS, after all, "only" the internet where we "should" be having fun ]. The voting guidelines gives solid, positive constructive criticism that genuinely helps each and every one of us improve at rap. Cuz while we're doing it and loving it? We all want to improve at it and enjoy it more. Don't front like we don't.
    test
  9. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

Good luck finding people to read that reply.
    test
  10. Baron Mynd

I skimmed it, saw something about his text battles getting 1000+ views, thought about reminding him those subforum views were most likely just spiderbots then felt bad for the kid and figured it wouldn't hurt to let him believe thousands checked for his battle threads.

How nice a guy am I?
    test
  11. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

Spiderbots weren't writing a dozen or so PMs per battle contacting me about the content of my battles and/or giving me props for the punchlines. Spiderbots weren't asking me questions about vocab rhyme pattern rhyme scheme visuals and metas. Spiderbots weren't stopping me every once in awhile near MLK&20th or Pine and 5th saying that they saw my battle, the hatas are stupid and my bars are ill.

I doubt that the majority of those views weren't spiderbots.

But thanks for being a nice guy.
    test
  12. MrFlux001

MrFlux001 Member

About 15 minutes from the centre, towards Oldham.
    test
  13. Baron Mynd

No problem, bruh. :)
    test
  14. Baron Mynd

You ever go to The Attic / The Thirsty Scholar?

I've performed there a handful of times.

Love the Manny crowds.
    test
  15. MrFlux001

MrFlux001 Member

I've been before yeah, I actually work near there. Aye, can't fault us mancs, we're an honest lot.
    test
  16. Brown Jesus

Brown Jesus Menso is for Dummies

Boardtracker, jai z, chase, etc. explain the views and replies tbh iah stfu
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.