what are yall using to thicken your drums...

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Hitman J, Feb 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jobe

Jobe Who you think I are?

i appreciate this "do what you do and move on" approach. it seems logical, good point.
    test
  2. slvicick

slvicick New Member

also try out PSP Vintage Warmer
    test
  3. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

Mr.BYTCH KILLA Hater Abolisher

It really Is Pimp...

and another simpler way to put it is....

Be A Leader....Not A Follower....I know yall heard that before...and if you did it time to start acting like it...Real Talkology...

I mean...are you sitting on yo azz countless hours making Beats following someone esle's shyt..step for step.......?......?...Hello??Marty???

I would rather sit on my own azz countless infinity hours developing my own way......doing this you learn better....and if you do decide that you wanna copy cat another nigga way of making Kicks Thick...guess what?....you still gotta think and figure out how he did his Kicks to make them Beat.....then plus every track is different....Figure out how to advance you own way...Period....

Wouldn't You?....

BKster
    test
  4. Odd Man Outt

Odd Man Outt President of the South

BK smarter than obama
    test
  5. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

You Dam Right Slvicick...

The Vintage Warmer can do the do in the Lab....

The Analog Tape Emulator....some producers search for the warm analog sound from back in the Gap....

That Nice Pleasing Distortion.....

Man Hold Up!!!!...

BKster
    test
  6. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

Making music Is Fail Safe.....just listen to the BK....

I use the 3 times (oxc) in FL 8 to make some kicks hit in this Beat Im working On...

As yall are reading....i got a positive side in me....it just when a Hater Gets out of line.......

I put his azz back in place...

BKster
    test
  7. $krewfa¢e

$krewfa¢e *****

i layered a shitload of snares, 12+, on one track only cuz the drums i got aint really that great to be honest... n i needed a snare i had a vision for.... woulda been a whole lot easier for me if i had better drums... most of my drums i chopped myself, hard to get ready to go drums for me, dont kno where to get em, everytime i wanna buy some somewhere cant get no samples to check out first.... i do have a couple patches wit dope ass drums but they wasnt fitting right for that beat n lookin for drums takes me pretty long.....
    wut always frustrates the hell outta me is when i got this dope ass snare or kick wit a hat in the background...fucked up

anybody know a solid hook up for some dope ass ready to go drums? id appreciate any info.... if its worth the money ill spend it..... sick n tired of layering too much, havin to cut out nasty frequencies outta drum hits etc etc

usually, wit my shittier drums, i layer an average of about 6 snares or so... hats vary from about 1 - 4 usually jus cuz i like to play wit them, a layer here, then skip one, then another layer there, jus to get more live feelin i guess... kicks i stay at about 2 - 3.. a lotta times i really like to get a real hi pitched one in there, jus like that feel...

looks like ima be changin some techniques up now tho
    test
  8. Jobe

Jobe Who you think I are?

hit me up on AIM next time you see me...i've got 20 folders of drumkits .rar for you as a present
    test
  9. ~G.I~

~G.I~ Guest

test
  10. NonSenSE913

NonSenSE913 Active Member

Yup, you dont need that many layers unless you're drums arent that good to begin with. I dont know about the holes in the sound and shit though. I run my kicks, hi hats, snares into 2 channels of my mixer and my bassline into a seperate channel so I can seperate the freq's a lil bit before recording to the computer. I gotta 16 channel mixer now and need like 8 more channels to get my kicks, snares, hi hats percussion and bass all on seperate channels.
    test
  11. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

I'm on my blackberry so I can't go into detail...but the process of "making holes" is actually knowing how to use an eq....u have to eliminate or reduce redundant frequencies from synths or samples that you are using to make room for the sounds that u want to stick out.....this is audio basics....its called making headroom....and its how you get boost and percieved loudness out of your drums.....
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  12. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

I didnt Know That....

but now I Do....

Nice Post Liquid.....

BKster
    test
  13. BoDi

BoDi www.iambodirock.com

If it sounds good, then go with it. That's my approach.
    test
  14. 7thSense

7thSense New Member

RSO extreme punch is a good plug for saturation
    test
  15. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

This how you do it.

Pick ya kick. go to the graphic eq.. and raise the meters to + 15 db on all of em.

Run ya kick through a amplitude plug in and up the meter + 12 db.

Now take ya sample/or main melody... And cut it down -13 db.

Do the same with ur bass that u did with the kicks...

same with snares..

Ur shit will bump and don't worry.. it wont blow ur speakers.

have fun
    test
  16. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

If you EQ'd your drums right you wouldn't need to do all of this wild ass over processing. If you are going to layer it really shouldn't be to make the sound bang more but to give it a new kind of tone. Give your drums space to breathe via EQ (cut out the dead space from instruments u dont need like I like to reduce 200hz a bit in my pianos usually to make room for kicks or bass for example). Arrangement also helps too. If you have a wild ass bassline flyin all over the place and killin the dynamics of your kicks in the same frequency it won't help you much either.
    test
  17. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

This here right above summarizes this whole discussion.....

If it sounds good to you....good with it...

Another Smart reply...from my fellow FP.com member....

I believe that with the right EQ skills that you could take a weak kick sample and make that motherfucker Beat....I believe that.....Do Yall?....

BKster
    test
  18. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

wack samples are wack samples. it doesnt matter how good u layer or eq them the motherfuckers are still wack. Start with sold samples and work from there.
    test
  19. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

Thanks for clearing that up..but....I still believe its possible though....I may have to just prove you wrong...

BKster
    test
  20. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

bingo...thats essentially everything i said in one sentence

bingo

use an eq....cut frequencies that dont add anything to your beat around your drum frequencies and you will notice your drums stick out and thump a lot more because they have headroom to breathe and smack
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.