What are the scarest games you ever played?

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Wrecktify, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wrecktify

Wrecktify New Member

1) Resident Evil 1

I thought that the first game of this series was REALLY scary. I got a thrill out of playing this game in the dark because all types of stuff would jump out at you

2) Indigo Prophecy

This is a game that I am currently working on and thinking abt. This is quite possibly the weirdest game I have ever played in my life. It scares me...but not in a way that you are scared in a horror film. This is one game that TRUELY picks at all of your human emotions. You are some guy that becomes possesed and kills a man in a the restroom of a diner. From that point....u are seeking to understand why you did what u did and the cops are on ur tail. The weird thing is...you contol both the villian & the good guys. Every action that you make in this game results in a different consequence..whether it's good or bad. The game reminds me of a psycho thriller version of "The Sims". They have a box in the lower right hand corner that shows the player's emotion...and trust me...99% of the time you will FEEL that same emotion..it's the scariest psychological game EVER. There is a moment in the game where the cops come to your apartment and they BANG on the door loud as ever. When that happens...you really get the feeling that you've done something wrong and that you are going to get caught. Well..me playing the game for the first time...the cop was banging at the door....but...there was blood on the sheets, my arms were bandaged..and there was other evidence that could tie me to the crime...which I hadn't disposed of yet....I felt the stress and the general fight or flight response. My first reaction was to look for a window to jump out of to escape. I won't give anymore details...but this is possibly one of the greatest psychological tricks that can ever be played on a person. Getting someone to FEEL human emotion in something that is virtual reality is VERY difficult to do. I recommend this to anyone who is looking to ••••• themselves out a bit.
    test
  2. Matt Hood

Matt Hood New Member

Resident Evil 2 or Still Life. Still Life isn't really scary but it's creepy. Resident Evil 2 I was about 11 or 12 and all kind of zombies and shit come out of no where.
    test
  3. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

resident evil 1 on ps1......

the original clock tower on snes........

alone in the dark on pc.....

doom 1-3 on pc or xbox.......

"D" on ps1

Silent Hill 1 on ps1

fatal frame on ps2 or xbox
    test
  4. gstain

gstain New Member

good call on Indigo Prophecy. I thought Resident Evil 4 was pretty scary too. Those guys with the spiky bodies freaked my shit out.
    test
  5. Mellow Madness

Mellow Madness aKa sTaTiK

resident evil on playstation.

man i could not play that shit at night.. i remember once i said fuck this shit.. turned that bitch off..
    test
  6. Wrecktify

Wrecktify New Member

Hahahaha, yea, I did that the first time I rented it. I ended up buying the Director's cut version maybe a yr later.
    test
  7. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

basics........i remember when i got it...my pops hooked it up to his stereo system..and he cranked the volume up trying to be a big dog.......the second them dogs crashed through the window even he jumped.......and i aint never see my pops jump at anything....lol......
    he wasnt expecting no damn scare from a videogame thats for sure.....

i was tracking that game for like a full year before it dropped....peepin magazines and shit...and since im a horror fiend i was always reading up on it.....before it dropped i was like...."yo.....resident evil....when it drops...its gonna be crazy"....mufuckas thought i was BSin........"wtf is a resident evil..corny ass game"......next thing you know everyone was playing that shit
    test
  8. NaSh

NaSh o_

how many times have i heard that or a variant of that sentence. scariest bit in a game ever!

oh and whoever put indigo prophecy or farenheiht as it was called here, go to the naughty corner, that game sucked balls
    test
  9. Wrecktify

Wrecktify New Member

oh and whoever put indigo prophecy or farenheiht as it was called here, go to the naughty corner, that game sucked balls[/QUOTE]

To each his own I guess....I thought that the game was good & addictive.
    test
  10. Jabba-Jaw

Jabba-Jaw Custom User Title

lmao, the bit with the dogs still makes me jump even when i know it's coming.

it's cause of the camera angle...they appear right by the screen when you're further away
    test
  11. Zero-EX

Zero-EX New Member

resi 3 ... that shit was scary
    test
  12. Atom React

Atom React aka JAYO

the first resident evil and the first silent hill

cause you didnt know what to expect, that shit was fresh, sequels throw new twists but you have the general idea at that point

and indigo prophecy i thought to be a pretty good game personally
    i didnt like how toward the end all that wierd shit with that yellow fuckin monster or w/e the fuck it is, he look like a cartoon character from the power rangers or somethin

other then that, the storyline and gameplay was sick, especially to begin.. you can mop up the blood in the bathroom, or leave it, whatever u want
    when u in his apartment if u take the sleeping pills or w/e they are, then drink you die lol

i loved it
    test
  13. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

iono if its " scary" but anyone ever play that xbox 360 game condemned..???..that is just some fucked up shit...crazy ass cats runnin at u in the dark with a bloody pipe yelling and shit haha....crazy...
    test
  14. Jabba-Jaw

Jabba-Jaw Custom User Title

yeah i downloaded the demo..seems pretty good, although it's a shame about those junkies that attack you, because it just seems like an unimaginative way to make sure you got enemies to fight.
    test
  15. Atom React

Atom React aka JAYO

^yeah agreed, i played the demo its ight, im not big on FPS games tho
    test
  16. xbox360

xbox360 New Member

resident evil CV on the dreamcast(omg i almost pee myself)
    resident evil on the PS1 i was like 10 and couldnt sleep all night
    silent hill, i got a demo on a xbox demo disc i dont know witch one the last one i think.
    FEAR omg the demo is so so scary
    doom, the last one was scary like a mother F***ER
    test
  17. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

But you know how much scarier that game would be if they started the franchise now. Just because of the surrond sound.. I think I would of shit my pants if they made games like this still....

Scariest games though have to be RE1, and Silent Hill <-- more creepy than scary though.

I wanted to play Condemned.. but my 360 took a shit before I could ever play the damn game. Condemned looked like it had potential...
    test
  18. Ashapola

Ashapola Ultimate Evil

the only game to ever shit me up was Fatal Frame or Project Zero as its called over here

i made things worse by gettin high as hell and playing it in the dark with my mate....when all the normal ghosts just appear in front of you i was crapping myself but there was noway i was gonna turn it off because the scares were addictive lol
    test
  19. Kuya

Kuya AKA V-MAX

Super Metroid

the pirate ship level...isolation+ghost aliens+creepy music=late night chills
    test
  20. Little Lotus

Little Lotus New Member

wcw nitro

it was so bad.. i was scared
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.