what are the most critically over rated movies???????

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by Nimrod, Jan 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nimrod

Nimrod Nimi Hendrix

WTF blair witch project was complete genius

scariest movie ive EVER seen

i loved that shit

the best thing about it was the realism and how they stuck to the concept so nicely

they didnt do anything to discredit the fact that it was supposed to be filmed by one of the students

even the end kept true to the concept

i loved it
    test
  2. Nimrod

Nimrod Nimi Hendrix

i agree wholeheartedly, the whole movie seemed so amateur

i mean other than norton the actin felt so subpar

it honestly felt like some USA movie to me

i couldnt take it seriously
    test
  3. Strange1

Strange1 the northern touch

cinematically, and as far as originality, and for when it was made... space oddysy shits on pretty much every movie anyone else mentioned... you may think its boring, but maaad other people apparently think otherwise in the industry....

and eyes wide shut was off the fucking wall, the message of the movie and how it was delivered, it was impeccable.... amazing directing and toms performance was dope as fuck in it....

FMJ is also a terrific war movie

but like you said, I respect your opinion as well... but obviously I'm going to speak mine... Nobody is fucking with Kubrick when it comes to films, IMO he's never released a bad movie whereas other big directors like Speilburg, Lynch and Scorcese have
    test
  4. Kid Kutz

Kid Kutz The one & only.

Nimrods film taste is so predictable, he likes those "cool to like" films like requiem FAD, and is scared by films the teenage girls were scared by.......

I laughed the whole way through the blair witch project, if was fucking bullshit, and way too overhyped..... you're going to say "you didnt get it, you didnt like the realism of it blah blah......."

no, i didn't like the stupid foolish typical american types in the forrest, if you are stuck in a forrest & find a river, you are sorted, you just follow it down & you're out... but no, were dumb americans, lets stay in the forrest & fuck about walking around in circles..... and oh, what happened, the dude threw the map in the river..... great story..... their dumbness got them captured by a "witch" BAHAHAHAH what a load of ass, i enjoyed watching it though, laughing at them, it was a great comedy........

americans should stick to making road trip and american pie films, nothing else is usually any good.......

28 days later is the only film to make me jump in a while
    test
  5. Wonk Saggin

Wonk Saggin Active Member

dances with wolves
    test
  6. Nimrod

Nimrod Nimi Hendrix

LOL thought i was the only one who thought that EXACTLY about full metal jacket

after the training camp, it got wack and boring as fuck, like completely useless

i can't even say whether or not i liked eyes wide shut, cause i didnt understand it lol

never saw 2001 space odyssey
    test
  7. Nimrod

Nimrod Nimi Hendrix

LMAO@ 28 days later making you jump

that was the wackest movie ive seen in the movies in the past 3 years

that shit was ass cheese

LOL@ that being better than blair witch

fuck outa here
    test
  8. deadweather

deadweather ******

kill bill is filmmaking at its finest, i couldnt take the smile at my face the first time i watched it, everything about it was a homage to old school hong kong cinema. So it really depends on the person.

But, american history x is good, but i hate when people talk abou the curb biting scene too. the movie could have ended there and they would still calll it a great movie.

as for full metal jacket.

kubrick is genius.
    test
  9. deadweather

deadweather ******

word the fuck up.

everything KUBRICK DOES IS GENIUS.

EYES WIDE SHUT IS SLEPT ON AS FUCK, lol, it took 20 years for 2001 to be appreciated as a masterpiece. history repeats itself and people dont have the foresight to appreciate fine film making.

anyone else think nimrod made this thread to shoot down people's opinions?
    test
  10. deadweather

deadweather ******

if you consider filim to be art, you'd love full metal jacket, as an artpiece and a statement on the nature of war, its fucking fantastic. If you're not into disection and analysis of film, then maybe film is not your art. Also, if you dont have the attention span to finish watching full metal jacket, thats not the director's fault. Its your own.

"damn this shit got borin, where's dmx doin backflips off walls?"
    test
  11. Kid Kutz

Kid Kutz The one & only.

why do you keep stealing people opinions?

the sniper scene in FMJ was a real winner, a very tense situation, and when they catch the sniper and decide what to do.......

you guys should watch tigerland, in my opinion it is better than full metal jacket (it is a vietnam training film) it's great, shit, i'm going to watch it tonight!
    test
  12. Wonk Saggin

Wonk Saggin Active Member

i like space odyssy from a purely aesthetic point of view. i can see why people might think its wack though, it is pretty sluggish, especially if your not into the more technical part of film making
    test
  13. mc strydor

mc strydor Jeff > GOD

I agree with this list, but Rudy is a fucking classic. That movie still gives me chills and makes me want to play football.

I have to say the most overrated film ever was The Gooniez, lol.
    test
  14. Strange1

Strange1 the northern touch

^^ no doubt

space oddysy is one of a fucking kind, the most original sci-fi-ish movie ever made even to this day... the film defies genres really...

the transition is fucking crazy if you pay attention carefully.... that ending scene with the fetus is fucking genius, especially combined with the music
    test
  15. deadweather

deadweather ******

bout 80% of the people in this thread dont appreciate it from an aesthetic POV
    test
  16. deadweather

deadweather ******

can someone here explain why requiem is a shit movie IYO?
    test
  17. Radius

Radius Simplistic-E

dunno why people dont like Requiem, but i liked it for the simple fact it showed HOW people get hooked on drugs, good people might i add. its fuckin scary to me for the simple fact i live in an area WHERE good people fall to that shit all the time so i guess it had a attachment to me. dunno.

but i looked through yalls lists and i'd have to say that BOTH spiderman movies weren't as good as they made them out to be. and i also didnt like The Beautiful Mind as much as it got acclaimed for. LOTR should have 1 that shit that year.

as for Friday? hotness. it didnt get critically acclaimed it got hood acclaimed and the shit was funny because some ~~~~~hs blocks are just like that (mines was)

i agree with full metal jacket, but i'd own that movie for the beginning ALONE. the sargeant dude is the funniest dude i've seen on TV be serious.

Titantic shocked me, i thought i was going to go laugh at people die on a boat and some other shit came out of nowhere. i love that movie.

i dunno what else, will be back.
    test
  18. Nimrod

Nimrod Nimi Hendrix

hahaahha word up @ rad

i went into watching titanic wanting to hate and laugh at it, cause ALL the white girls at school sweated so much i was tired of it

but when i watched it, i was like damn lol this shit is dope

my gully ass uncle even admitted crying during it, i was dying
    test
  19. deadweather

deadweather ******

titanic was good but formulaic. it pulls just the right heart strings. Its emotion manipulation :(
    test
  20. Radius

Radius Simplistic-E

i couldnt watch a movie with emotion the same way after i saw that. that shit shocked me...i didnt cry, but i felt like crying. Jack was that dude.

Requiem is the shit. honestly the shit is a scary movie to me, cause that shit can actually happen to you if you're not careful.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.