What are producers using now these days?

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Ray Digga, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ray Digga

Ray Digga NeosulOSkoolAbstrkHipHop

I can remember buying the ASR10 keyboard and making my first beat.....

over the years I've switched to software using everything from Cakewalk to Cubase to finally settling with Reason....

Now I'm still using Reason version 6 (looking forward to the 6.5 update) along with Pro Tools 10

What are you all using now?
    test
  2. MrKnitty

MrKnitty B. Dre

I started off using fruity loops 3, raised enough money to buy a asr10 off eBay then I sold it in 2009, and now I'm on FL studio
    test
  3. ThaPaleFacedNinja

ThaPaleFacedNinja ive been nice

started with cakewalk then to reason (s/o digga lol)then it was Nuendo/VSTi now i use protools, mpc, and fantom ... although i started using reason again version 6 is awesome.. i really only use it for my live beat sets tho.. kong drum with the mpc is too nice
    test
  4. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

Started off with Acid and Reason no rewire I would export parts and "mix" with acid. Then I settled in with Reason for years. Went and got an all vintage hardware setup (S3000, mpc 2000 classic, Ensoniq EPS, Korg M1, Korg Trinity, Roland XP 30, Roland Alpha Juno 2) with Sonar. Then decided hardware took up too much space and was too slow for my workflow though it sounded better and went back to Reason once 5 was announced. Used R/R solely for a while and now I am using Reason 6 with Sonar and a handful of vsts but rewire in Sonar sucks balls so I am looking for a replacement host. Dare I say it but FL studio may actually get the call lol. I have grown up a lot since my days of screaming FFL (fuck fruity loops) from the rooftops lol.
    test
  5. Ray Digga

Checking you guys pages.... PFN whats your link...?
    test
  6. Ray Digga

Kev, you got some gems on your page.... Bad Woman, Catching Up, My Heart... I notice your beats dont have open hats.... to offset the close hats.... opt to stack your rims shots with snares to get some thickness and pop...
    test
  7. Ray Digga

Mr Knitty, hot beats out the gate, Vigilantez and Karma are hard. Time Waits.... love the Barry White drum loop and the soft change up....
    test
  8. YUNOpostonCC

YUNOpostonCC New Member

I started off with FL Studio approximately 3 years ago, I am now currently using an MPC 2000.
    test
  9. M-SiZZY!!

M-SiZZY!! Deli Beats

Still on FL. Was using an MP2500 for a little while though.

Glad youre posting Digga!
    test
  10. Fonikz

Fonikz ExcuseMeAsIKissTheSkyyy

fl studio ... mpc1000.. got a maudio49 keyrig and a maudio oxygen 25 for midi controllers.. 49 stays at home, 25 travels with me lol
    test
  11. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

some of my newer ones do. what ones did u listen to? the ones on soundclick? most of my newer ones do but those are mainly on projects to be released I am really pushing hard with upstart rappers these days.
    test
  12. Ray Digga

I listened to all of them on soundclick....I would say the first half of the beats were the the ones I was referring to.... for that thicker percussion sound....

good to see peeps still following their passion....

Digga
    test
  13. ral4ever1985

ral4ever1985 CHETA

I started out with FL2.0 (with skins etc) and been with that ever since. I have learned how to operate new software from protools to reason and even hardware sequencers etc but my home will always be with FL
    test
  14. sdizzle

sdizzle sexy beat maker

i use a open labs miko ec5 with FL studio installed and just run all the sounds as plugins
    test
  15. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

oh ok I dig it. Yeah these days I run 2 or 3 instances of Addictive drums to get my drum sounds or create my 808s in Reason with Thor which are plenty thick from the start.
    test
  16. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

I fuck with this synth kinda hard too. Every HipHop producer should check out this synth.

test
  17. cj mandarin

cj mandarin CJMandarin Productions

Damn Ray I thought you been dead. I'm using FL Studio tho with essentially every Native Instruments VST available lol.
    test
  18. MastamindMusik

MastamindMusik New Member

Still using FL, that vst up there sounds dope
    test
  19. Ray Digga

lol, no I'm quite alive.... took a little hiatus when I relocated but, brought the music with me....

good to see some familiar face

Digga
    test
  20. MrKnitty

MrKnitty B. Dre

Thanx bro, I was always a fan of ya music
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.