West:1. Insanevillian Vs 16. W1cked

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Nebz, Aug 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W1CKED

W1CKED . . of Gods & Earths

I guess that diss part kinda fucked me up...
    Iono, this is my first topical so I din't know it was looked down upon.
    Anyway, you live and you learn.
    I still think I can pull it out...

2-5

-W1
    test
  2. J.Christ

J.Christ Registered User

Vote - W1CKED

He has to be an alias. I liked reading his a lot. It was very nice. IV came dope as usual, but for some reason W's just made me smile and I liked it more.
    test
  3. Atheist

Atheist Storyteller

Vote: Wicked.

Just came a lot doper.

IV came VERY predictable, and it was very annoying for me to read it. Sorry IV, bbut this is the first piece of yours that I haven't enjoyed, it just didn't have any flow, or any other story qualities about it. Whereas WICKED, he came good, just slightly better, but it was enough to defeat IV this time round.
    test
  4. bigKEN

bigKEN Hoosier Daddy??

IV- flow was kinda choppy, some forced multi's, a good story told like always, you have a knack for real good imagery and emotion. BUT...this piece was very lackluster compared to your others.

W1cked- bad choice to do the "diss" verse, you had great structure, good flowing dialogue, great emotion and after re-reading this battle 3 times... I'm kinda torn whether to chose the more thorough story or the more entertaining story..

vote- w1cked

I just felt his story was more consistant, and more appealing to the reader.
    test
  5. W1CKED

5-5
    Tie ballgame...

-W1
    test
  6. the unorthodox

the unorthodox New Member

why wouldnt my vote count

it was just as valid as anyone else's
    test
  7. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

This was a nice battle. Both came nice, could come better. ILL for 1st Round Battling.

IV - You had the ill story in this one. Flow was nice, rhyme scheme was nice as well. You had a sick storyline though, and your twist at the end was nice and creative. You took this topic to a level I couldn't even think of, probly most of RSTL heads as well. What I didn't like about your verse that it was alittle bit too short, and some of the dialogue didn't appeal to me as much. If it's a 10 year old girl, there's some things she wouldn't have said, like.. "me? why man, my dad left you a reservation" - She's 10, not 16. So, if you put more work into it, It'd be better, but nice nonetheless.

W1cked - I don't wanna be mean, but I didn't like your verse at all. It had the ill flow with sick rhymescheme, but the whole InsaneVillain diss/story thing wasn't working for you at all. Not to put you down or IV up, but you'd need more than that to come close to beating him. You weren't baaaaad, but it wasn't that good. Not too good of a read as well. As Talent said above I believe, you have alot of talent, and I was hoping on your advancing so I can read more.

Vote - IV

It's story/topical verse over Flow/Scheme

Pz
    test
  8. the unorthodox

the unorthodox New Member

^ i basically summed up what you said..

but since i said it in a lot less words,

my vote somehow isnt valid

bullshit
    test
  9. W1CKED

^That has been resolved....
    Your vote counted....
    Weird how you apeared in this thread 3 times though....
    You may exit now....

5-6

-W1
    test
  10. LDogg The King

LDogg The King The High Life

I don’t know what everyone saying bout the diss topic being gay... a lot more people choose to write a normal none diss verse than actually the ones who diss the opponent.. it only makes more since to do topicals more like that since this is a battle for topicals. dissin the person or fitting them into a story is a good thing to do.. don’t listen to these people saying its not they follow trends. but, I didn’t like how the ending was predictable.. good use of writers voice though an flow was on point.

iv had great story form.. if you like that kind of writing.. but reminded me of a boring book. never caught up with the stories excitements. still, very good writing

vote w1cked

good luck to whoever wins
    test
  11. Strike2

Strike2 Man Meets Creator

damn 6-6 uppin this shit fo yall
    test
  12. W1CKED

^Thanx

6-6

Elivate

-W1
    test
  13. Insanevillian

Insanevillian STILL in CHARGE

I voted for...

Dr.Cause

L Dogg

Prophetional

Atheist

WWIII

Ish
    test
  14. The Second Comming

The Second Comming you aint poison!!!

vote= IV

he had better flow and better story.. W1cked was good but his flow was off in some points and his story was a little shaky ...good pieces from both

IV took it

holla
    test
  15. Og Simmson

Og Simmson New Member

I must say, this was close as fuck but only cuz..w1cked's flow was off the fuckin shit i havnt seen shit that ill since warren..was the champ...that shit was fiire..but the story was good till u revealed it was iv the whole suicide cuz i suck thing has been played if you woulda done somthing a little different with iv instead of death ya would won this easy..

But since IV's was out the ordinary and play crazy..it gets hell of a lot of orginality points and creative..but his flow was there and good..just w1cked shceme was nasty..

OVERALL: this battle was close..but flow doest beat storyline...so in this one i gott give it to IV but only cuz his story was more original and creative.

VOTE=IV

Now tell me that aint explained.
    test
  16. TeKneeK

TeKneeK The Heart and Soul of RM

IV scores...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.