well i started running yesterday

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by THEDONN- closed, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THEDONN- closed

THEDONN- closed pac and biggie rule 4eva

ran about a mile, and walked a half more....1st time in i dont kno how long, i weigh about 203, im get down to about 190, but i wanna hit 180 and stay there....so of course i gotta stop eatin late at night, cuz i be high 24/7...gotta quit smokin, start runnin to lose this gut that i have...stop eatin i dunno past 7 o clock, and try to eat more fruits n veggies.....i'll holla wit my prgress....prayers would help, preciate yall......ima go runnin about 5 or 6 tonight
    test
  2. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

There's nothing wrong with eating at night.

It's all about the calories and what type of food you're taking in, not at what time you eat.
    test
  3. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

no, actually the time you eat comes into play heavily.

he is right, if you are trying to cut weight you dont want to eat late at night before you go to bed, because all the fat will store up from laying there all night without any activity.
    test
  4. Ben Official

for example some foods you can only eat at certain parts of the day, take potatoes for example.

it is good to eat potatoes from about 12 noon until 6pm, but after or before they are converted mostly to fat instead of lean muscle.
    test
  5. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

I think low GI carbs are fine an hour or so before bed. So long as you don't over eat they won't be stored as body fat but will refill glycogen stores.

And proteins are absolutely fine before bed.
    test
  6. Ben Official

most types of food are better at certain points throughout the day, and at certain points scheduled around your work out.
    test
  7. THEDONN- closed

k so gimme sum proteins,,,cuz im type to go to sleep, and when i wake up during my 8-10 hours of sleep go to my kitchen n pull out sum choclate and chase it down wit sum cold ass milk....and this can happen 3-4 times a night/early mornin, lol
    test
  8. gregstrong

gregstrong New Member

Zinc and Magnesium are really good before bed too.
    test
  9. macmilimeterhyms

macmilimeterhyms Product of the 80s

it's good to run the same route everyday and lengthen it each time, also don't be in a remote area because you can get hurt and need help, you probly know this already
    test
  10. Praverb

Praverb I breathe hip hop...

well sadly snacking at night is a big no-no...

as far as running goes try interval training...sprint for a minute, then jog, fast walk, then jog, sprint etc...this will cause you to burn more calories which will help you cut fat
    test
  11. Fonikz

Fonikz ExcuseMeAsIKissTheSkyyy

word@ this thread..i need to lose this gut.. probably from all the drinkin and just being unhealthy...
    test
  12. Yung Phat

Yung Phat New Member

yeah i'm heavy from drinking all the time, been thinking about working out my damn self...
    test
  13. ThisMiss

ThisMiss Guest

I use to love to run.. I even have a tredmill at the end of my bed.. but it kills me knees, so I must walk instead...
    test
  14. GuYaNeSe_KiNg

GuYaNeSe_KiNg New Member

Good advice, but he should build up an aerobic base before moving onto HIIT.
    test
  15. -Paper Chase-

-Paper Chase- alwaysgotberrybluetoblow

Nice..I started off running a mile too..now I run 5-6 miles a night, 5 nights a week..do y'all think thats good? Or should I be running every night
    test
  16. THEDONN- closed

^dog thatz like excellent, lol, foreal
    test
  17. -Paper Chase-

-Paper Chase- alwaysgotberrybluetoblow

Haha word up good looks..I've lost roughly 25 pounds in the last month or so..went from 170 to 145..5 more pounds to go til I'm at my ideal weight for the summer..my drinking on the week ends is hindering my progress though, I feel like..
    test
  18. Troll

Troll New Member

Time To Lose Some Weight...

Good luck man
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.