Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i got a lower weighted vest to make my waste tighter when i do setups/pushups and pull ups... it works better with pullups, problem is i think theres to much weight, its about 50lbs, im mainly focusing on the fat on my waste and my abs i dont care about my upper body at the moment.
    test
  2. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Huh?

You're only focusing on your waste and abs? You realize your abs are your upper body right?

Anyway, what does your diet look like?
    test
  3. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

wait, what?

you brought a weighted vest to help you trim your "waste" line?
    test
  4. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Yeah I'm confused as well.
    test
  5. clean as a tissue...

i dont eat anything with fats and nothing over 5grams of suger...

i only been working out for 5 months now..

im meaning like upper body- chest, kneck, ect... i thought abs would be considered as lower body..

yea im focusing on my waste, mostly but most of the exercizes i do targets my abs to.. i just got a really big waste im trying to get rid of i think thats where most of my weight comes from... im 240 and im 63, (6'3" not 63 years old lol )

the vest helps keep my waste line tight during exersizes, and when im doing setups, pull ups, and pushups its targeting my waste

during my first 4 months of working out i got these stretch marks on my waste then i bought the vest and the marks are now gone
    test
  6. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

you cant change where your body stores fat, or where you lose it from.

i have no idea what your talking about useing the vest to restrict your waste.

i use a weighted vest too, and it does nothing to my waste. i use it for a million things, pull ups, chin ups, push ups, sprints, sit ups, tons of stuff. it has no effect on my waste, it does provide extra resistance in other areas but i really have no idea why you would use it to target your waste.

i hope that makes sense, im not in the best mind state to answer questions right now
    test
  7. Purple Haze

it's not waste.. it's waist.

fuck.
    test
  8. Purple Haze

waste is trash.

waist is your bodies circumference right between your hips and bellybutton.
    test
  9. test
  10. Ben Official

haha spelled it waste too, im drunk as fuck right now
    test
  11. Mighty GK

Mighty GK omg 2012

more cardiooooooooooo..........

will get rid of that gut quicker than a hiccup...

if you are really watching your diet that is.

and when you do sit ups or crunches..watch your form.

30 proper crunches/sit ups>>>10000000 bad ones.

do sit ups, crunches, weighted pulldowns (on ur knees and u pull the cables to ur quads basically by leaning over/bending your abs)

weighted seated twists are cool if your gym has the machine. they are harder than they look lol.

you should also work out your obliques if you want that slim ab look...

and what Ben is saying...is you have to lower your body fat percentage PERIOD to show a loss on your tummy...but at the same time you will be losing fat all over the place cuz that's just how it works.

for example its like trying to deflate a balloon...you can't just deflate the right side lol...u know?..atleast from what I understand its like that.

also you wanna know why its so hard to get rid of the gut??? cuz that's where most of the junk food goes...its just how it is.
    test
  12. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Yeah, that was pissing me the fuck off too.

You can not spot reduce. It is not possible, so I'd quit wasting your time with that. In order for you to lose off of your waist, you're going to also lose in other places. I hope you didn't buy a weighted vest just for sit-ups because you could've just held a dumbell or a plate on your chest.

Start eating properly if you don't. Start running if you don't. Try to walk when you can also. One of the easiest ways to lose weight is to keep moving so if you wanted to simplify things, it come down to eating properly, getting in exercise whenever you can and sleeping well.
    test
  13. gut? i just have a waist... im not sure if gut/waiste would be considered the same thing, and i couldn't possibly eat more properly.. matter of fact i think i need to eat more than i do... i eat, grapes, oranges...oatmeal/oatmeal bars, fried eggs, chicken, fish, steak, for meats and some veggies i also do use meal replacement shakes sometimes i cant really afford to buy them all the time, dont really need them anyway

drink fresh orange juice, when i dont im drinking diet ocean spray= no calories, 75g, carbohydrates, 3g of suger.. i honestly don't run much im mostly a bike person. na i only do setups on certain days.. i was targeting different body parts on different days so the setups, pushups, dips where reserved for my rest days.. i can do about 160 set ups and i can go all day with pushups atleast till my knuckles start burning.. i might get some gloves soon.. i have a weight bench and 2 80lb Kettles.. Lookin For A Cheap Dip Bar At The Moment

i can say im starting to loose a bit.. i went down to shirt sizes and can fit in shirts i wore like 5 years ago, i dont think my routines are serious enough.
    test
  14. five-trey

five-trey layin tha wood since '91

push ups and pull ups probably ain't gonna help you right there. the best way to use a weighted vest is with cardio workouts. slap that mufucka on and run some stairs, laps, get a workout that makes you sweat and lose fat. push ups, pull ups, and sit ups just build lean muscle, that layer of fat is still gonna be on top even if you got the abs under, so you just gotta lose the fat first.

make sure you get your diet right too. that can be a workout killer right there. eat around 2000 calories a day, stay off fast food and all that badass shit. eat fish, nuts, chicken, and a lot of vegetables.
    test
  15. i heard that you shouldn't run with them, and people i been wrong i was refering to my hips, i have big hips, there a lil slender now but still a long ways to go before it gos all the way down, i just got my waiste confused with my hips i think haha

i got off fast-food in 2000 choice of my own i was just getting so dam tired of it.. i go to docs see food restaurant everyday tho.. i did eat alot today sense its chrismas an all! most of the healthy foods i love especially that fresh orange juice that comes in a can.. i can drink that all day
    test
  16. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

Fuck the waste/waist debate....WHAT THE FUCK IS A SETUP
    test
  17. Purple Haze

lol @ debate.
    test
  18. Ben Official

i do sprints with a weighted vest all the time, its not a problem
    test

19. i started out with just doing pushups, setups, dips and all that and i lost 25lbs in 3 weeks.. i was doing pushups in just about every angle tho with kettles in my backpack, alot of people tell me dips is the best exercise to do.

i don't run at all anymore.. i ride my bike alot tho.. plus i play ball and swim in the summer i could swim at the holiday inn but don't like swimming inside, plus i would have to pay 75 for a room an shit just to use the pool when i could pay that for a gym.
    test
  20. five-trey

five-trey layin tha wood since '91

fuck me...25 in 3 weeks is nice. how much was your original weight?

as long asyou're sweatin on the regular and you're pushing your body its gonna work for you.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.