weight lifting for boxers

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by C.G., Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C.G.

C.G. C.G. Productionz

so i mthinkin about getting back into boxing. wat type of weight lifting program wud u reccomend? im currently doing 3 sets of 6-8 reps wen i lift and i lift monday, tuesday, thrusday and friday. i do cardio on wednesday and a light cardio on saturday. any help is appreciated. stay up.
    peace
    test
  2. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Mostly compound lifts, explosively lifting heavy loads. 2-3 times a week.

I'll get more detailed later
    test
  3. C.G.

C.G. C.G. Productionz

ok good looks
    test
  4. GuYaNeSe_KiNg

GuYaNeSe_KiNg New Member

If you want to get back into boxing, you can't just target maximal-strength, you have to target all of them, which include:

Maximal-Strength, Speed-Strength, Explosive-Strength, and Strength-Endurance.

Right now you should stop lifting for 6-8 reps. When training for maximal-strength, lift very heavy loads instead to promote myofribrillar hypertrophy. This will help with power and speed.

As for the cardio, if you aren't doing HIIT, start doing that.

There's honestly too much to post here. Follow this link:

http://www.rosstraining.com

The site is dedicated to athleticism, and more specifically, athleticism for combat sports. There's also a forum on that site where you can get a lot of help. Read a few of Ross' articles, post your questions on the forum, or email them to Ross (he usually responds back within 24 hours), and I highly recommend buying Infinite Intensity (one of his books).
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.