Week 9-R.M.P.L.-UFC 148: Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen II

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by LungZzZ, Jun 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

i mean, we've seen people survive much worse and go on to win, but whatever. Sonnen obviously didn't win, and according to the ref he lost. Not a damn thing else matters.
    test
  2. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

double post
    test
  3. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

chael got fucked up. Chael admitted he was hurt after the fight

he deserved it for throwing a spinning backfist.

he got hurt several times in the fight.

the fight was over as soon as he figured out how to stop the takedowns and slow down chael's pressure
    test
  4. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

dissapointing night of fights for the most part

but i liked the sliva sonnen fight just wish silva had more time to toy with sonnen.
    test
  5. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

I hope you don't think the fight was stopped early...If Chael wasn't lying on his side with his hands over his face the Ref may have been able to let the fight go.

Either way Mortal wounds have been made, the bandages come with this post though.

:clown:
    test
  6. LungZzZ

exactly what I was getting at. Chances are if you were born with Testosterone a deficiency, you probably won't ever really want to get into a fight (not because you know your weak, but because Testosterone makes us more aggressive, emotionally driven, especially as a kid).
    test
  7. brodeezy

brodeezy take this fuccin neg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The WHOLE time Yves was yelling "don't hold the shorts, don't hold the shorts." during almost 20 seconds of short grabbing that not only stopped a takedown from completing, but also allowed Silva to land his first CLEAR shot on Chael that I still believe after rewatching it is the one that hurt him. Short grabbing DID stop the takedown from completing in that second round, which potentially prevented ANOTHER 10-8 round. Not saying Sonnen wouldn't of fucked up eventually, since he seems to like to give Silva wins on a platter, but I seriously hope Silva fans aren't too overly satisfied with Silva's performance.

this fight proved that test or a hurt rib had NOTHING to do with anything in their first fight -- Silva is just weak against good wrestlers. Silva is also the only fighter with a belt as well as being in talks for P4P that has 3 10-8 rounds against him.

Got caught greasing at the start, held onto Chael's shorts for dear life... what a P4P fighter.
    test
  8. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

even chael said after the fight that the holding of the trunks wasn't a big deal and that anderson was better than him.

yes the move is illegal, but this isn't football you dont start the play over.

and if you think that determined the fight, then i feel you had something against anderson before the fight even began.

lol@ silva being the cheater and chael Mr. TRT sonnen being the victim.
    test
  9. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

I don't think the shorts thing is that big a deal either. Cheap maybe, but we've seen much worse. It's not like he kick Sonnen in the nuts, and ultimately what lost it for Sonnen wasn't even the shorts thing.

But dude, TRT isn't even KIND OF cheating. Stop that shit.
    test
  10. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

True, the fight didn't go the way I thought. I was wrong, and unlike a lot of outspoken individuals like myself, I'll just admit it. However I wasn't wrong in thinking that Silva wasn't going to just standing KO Sonnen, because he didn't. In fact, the biggest mistakes Silva actually made in this fight were the kicks he attempted. I told people he wasn't going to kick Sonnen in the head. If they fought 25 times, that would never ever happen. I told people people that Silva wasn't going to knee Sonnen while going for a takedown, and that didn't happen, and it never would. I told people that he wasn't going to weave and knock out Sonnen like he did Forrest Griffin. He did see an opportunity, and when you are fighting Silva, you better make no mistakes, and Sonnen made a big one. I told people that Silva was going to wind up on his back, and he got mounted. I was right about 90% of this fight.

My MMA opinions are still >
    test
  11. LungZzZ

Dude many people have held onto the fence and stopped a takedown. I understand your upset about the loss, but you need to realize when you pick yourself up out of that pool of blood when you get your ass kicked, all the excuses you make are going to look silly.
    test
  12. LungZzZ

let me get that last drop of blood.
    I believe the wounds are healed now.:p
    test
  13. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i watched it too and it barely affected anything in my opinion, i also dont remember it being for 20 seconds
    test
  14. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

They can't heal. The wounds were mortal, remember?
    test
  15. LungZzZ

hard price to pay :(, tallying up the scores soon.
    test
  16. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

anderson is very beatable if he fights someone like GSP hes fooked. sonnen did many things right( like permanently closing the gap not allowing anderson to have any space to perform his vastly superior striking)

jon jones would be a tough match up as well..
    test
  17. LungZzZ

Jones would be ridiculously hard, the one person that would have weight/reach advantages. But that is also kinda of a weird match-up, though is either called out the other, with the explanation of "I want to be the best", than I would be more then up for it.

GSP vs ANDERSON is much more doable to me.
    test
  18. LungZzZ

Shout out to everyone who participated in WEEK 9 as well, ONLY 1 NO SHOW!!!

Check out your rankings in the RM Predictions League
    test
  19. LungZzZ

I called KO of the Night!!
    test
  20. Makabreli

Makabreli done

people need to grow up a little when it comes to cheating in sports. both men cheated and one man won. Bernard Hopkins blatantly cheats, Floyd Mayweather cheats but does it in a more subtle manner, wrestlers take advantage of the open gloves rule in mma and employ the eye poke they also use in college.

and yes, trt is cheating (at least cheating nature). wtf. chael did the exact same thing overeem is suspended for except he obtained a permit to do so.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.