Week 8 RBL Rankings And Lounge MARCH MADNESS

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Riot, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jai-Z

Jai-Z Bangem, Jai

Mjdjm, if I were to google every punch that I ddnt understand it would go way beyond time consuming to make 1 honest vote. N battlez a lot of punchez go over pplz, but we dont knock thm for it we jst say I ddnt get it n move on to the nxt line. That would b like me callng u or any1 an MTF, and not gettng a reaction and gettng mad about it. Itz not my fault u ddnt understand, bcz and MTF=Male To Female n the gay community. Ur not gay, so y would I even use that n a battle knowing only I would understand and every1 else wouldnt, yamean? If I ever I use slang or conceptz, I try and use 1z every1 minority and culture could understand.
    test
  2. Riot

Riot The Dark Hero.

Wank sock far as I know is an american term.

Biotch! You wish you had a phone like mine...
    test
  3. Blue Bayonet

Blue Bayonet Member

rofl.. thats just pure gay.
    test
  4. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

reqwestin an extension. also posted one in the actual battle thread.

Venny's mag just gave me a big boost in motivation.
    test
  5. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

Hai, my name is coup and Ive got many fans
    test
  6. smittyrhythm

smittyrhythm you love 2 hate me

somethin different..

3 rounds, 12 bars each

1st round: battle
    2nd round: topic
    3rd round: rebuttal

First round standard battle, second round open topic, third round rebuttal using as many flips as you can from your opponents previous two rounds.

who's down
    test
  7. Riot

Riot The Dark Hero.

^^ Great Idea, Gauntlet Battle. I might use that.

test
  8. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

topic as in topical? or topic as in you have a topic for the battle? 12 bars for a topical is really short
    test
  9. smittyrhythm

smittyrhythm you love 2 hate me

nah, not too bad...makes it easier too weigh out a vote.

all together, 36 bars isnt short at all.
    test
  10. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

do you mean topical like what the RSTL does? its hard to tell a story in 12 lines
    test
  11. Ion Metatron

Ion Metatron I Punch Faces 4 Fun

For sure I miss those battles.. straight horrific lyricism thats a mercenary's special. Some body create the thread!
    test
  12. niboswald

niboswald Paradoxymoron

And yowsers on all the shitstorm, folks.
    a) I believe vote swaying is when you comment in the battle thread, this lounge is free game for any bitching

b) Certainly from weeks past it seems some people favour one style over others, and that's fine. I just did not see how this was a 'landslide win' scenario and justified my view whereas Freeze didn't really support his.

c) Jai, I thought a wank sock was american as American Pie. Seeing as he has a sock over his cock wanking in the opening scene and all. I suppose you're excused not being familiar with the notion being a lady rather than a fella. But every week I have to Google American footballers or wrestlers or whatever that you guys reference, only takes a few seconds to look up 'doona' to get the 'six feet under' joke etc.

d) I'm 23. Says right there on my profile. So yeah, compared to quite a few peeps here in their mid-30s, the grandpa jokes were just a bit wtf
    test
  13. Jai-Z

Jai-Z Bangem, Jai

The american terms for male genitalia Ive heard are: penis, dick, nuts, sack, WANG, dingalong, schlong, sausage, weasel, lizard, monkey, rod and 1 eyed snake.

Whn u said "wank"? I thought u meant "wanker" similar wrdz.
    test
  14. john hensley

john hensley 7xRBL

lmao

i can name 10 more jai lol
    test
  15. john hensley

john hensley 7xRBL

and good battle Sev, no idea who u are, but ur a talented writer.. hope the votes are good throughout
    test
  16. Mista FREEZE 2001

Mista FREEZE 2001 Member

@ Nibs R U saying U dont feel I justified it enough then or NOW.... LOL.... Please say that U cannot understand any of the points I was making earlier?
    test
  17. Extreme Venom

Extreme Venom Well-Known Member

Freeze & them are right, Grammar matters not in hip hop.. never has.. expecially not inbattling considering hip hop started in the SOUTH BRONX.. don't get much more ghetto the the SB trust me..

But Riot and them are also right.. if THEY feel one verse was better.. then fuck it.... the thing is blue.. ore people here like punches then the other shit so MOST head will look past bad grammar.. unless its like seriously bad to the point the verse is unreadable.. sorta how some of jais verses were when she was texting them from her phone leaving out letters & shit.. to each his own tho.. to each his own...
    test
  18. Riot

Riot The Dark Hero.

For the record I DON'T take in-count spelling and grammar when casting a vote, point being it makes reader re-read lines to understand which in turn gets frustrating.

Also, I PERSONALLY thought nibs verse was better, nether of them had really any good punches so I judged off the other elements of battling, sctructure, flow, rhyme scheme...ect, the same thing I did last week with Kon and LP, anyway..I thought nibs was better in majority of the categories.

Maybe LP was right, this whole only short structure Punches is the only thing that matters is lame. Its been that way now for 5 to 8 years and to me its becoming BLAH. Yes battling is about making your opponent look bad, but the formula we are using is becoming boring. Setup punch, setup punch..with a little flow, god forbid we use strong multi's and good vocab.

Battling has always been difficult for me, I'm a writer, I love telling stories with vocab and imagery but here in battling it's become too mundane with again nothing new.

I love new punch concepts, but other than that I enjoy everything else. And it seems we all have different opinions on what a good punch is. Example; last week in my verse everyone was quoting few of my punches and honestly the one that I thought was EAISLY the best was not quoted (except in the mag) which was the Mathew luke john punch.

Anyway, I'm just looking forward for the day where someone brings something different to the table and at least LP and Severity are trying to do so.

test
  19. Jai-Z

Jai-Z Bangem, Jai

Riot, every1 n ths league has a different style of writing. Setup/Punch-Setup/Punch might b the basis of format, but itz the wrdng that makez the stylez different. And every1 n ths league has there own style. The reason u type the setup/punch as the format, is to tell the story to lead up to the plot/punch of the line. The object is to breakdwn ur opponent wth insultz, factz and jokez creatively throughout the limited linez.

How will u get rid of divisionz and keep the 3 titlez as an option at the sametime? I dont see how.
    test
  20. Extreme Venom

Extreme Venom Well-Known Member

He could do it.. Just post the threads like a Normal RBL battle thread but do the ranks the same... only differance will be the way the threads look & the fact that the records won't be confined to one individual Division.

I think you should.... Keep the Belts/titles but do away with the division.. that way the movment & match versitility is there but at the same time Lighter skill levels still have titles they can shoot for..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.