Week 5 RBL Rankings and Lounge

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Riot, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

Maybe you didn't see my GSUS battle.But I appreciate this criticism and will take it to heart.
    test
  2. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

Jack didn't eat me and I'm not swayin,man.What you're REALLY saying translates this way:"The most vocal group of voters in the RBL prefer a style different from what they perceive mine to be so if they see a verse that conforms more to their taste than mine does? They'll vote for it." In general,Jack had weak setups but periodic power punching funny bars.I had stronger setups,greater substance,more punches per bar,greater variety,fresher material,vastly superior rhyme schme which allowed me to pack my bars with the kinds of punches that I throw but which aren't the favored method of the more vocal voters in the RBL.The difference here is that I believe that the balanced attack is by far better than a slanted one,so I learn more of what you guys and gals prefer and tweak my repertoire accordingly...but not too many of you have stretched beyond your comfort zones to battle guys like me in truly open warfare.

I believe that I can take anyone in any weight class in 2-3 rounds of total warfare,flips included.If anyone doubts me? Consider that a challenge to all comers.95% of the peeps here won't meet me in that battleground.But I'll meet you in yours.That says quite a bit.And there's no diss there; it's pointing out that the very things that you laud are the things that limit you (Jai-Z said something similar abput me in this very thread). I will learn these things that you laud and add them to my game (or more accurately,it's already there; I'll just tweak it a bit so that it's more blatant), but the converse isn't true.

So I'm not swaying,I'm learning and appreciating the process and the contributors.The same people who are kindly sharing with me their preferences are staunchly staying within their comfort zones but I'm not.Imagine if you came to a site that favored the kind of full force lyricism that I prefer over the more narrow focus here,and then you had to battle me****feating me would be quite a feat.Most people won't try such a thing****th isn't most people.I'll learn all this stuff and ensure my opponents' lyrical demise will be agonizing swift and certain.Those who refuse to or cannot evolve will die.

Btw I noted that Jack pretty much flipped a few bars of mine in his verse too,but nobody said anything.Sallgood though.Like I said...I'm learning lots.As a Master Martial Arts Instructor,I recognize the value of being a Master Student.
    test
  3. Ion Metatron

Ion Metatron I Punch Faces 4 Fun

test
  4. D-MONIK

D-MONIK Active Member

that is such a sad baby
    test
  5. Riot

Riot The Dark Hero.

I'll be doing voting and closing of battles in a couple hours.
    Biotch! You wish you had a phone like mine...
    test
  6. Silentt L

Silentt L Registered Deity

Niggas is really comparing setups... Lol and ya'll want me in this shit?

Setups aren't made to be compared, they're made to be overlooked completely.....
    test
  7. Jai-Z

Jai-Z Bangem, Jai

Bottom line, you have to b versaitle wth your variationz of artilery.

The problem wth your style, is that itz repetitve. Although you create good imagery and smart conceptz, it jst doesnt hit creative or well enough to embarrasse your opponent.

For example; all your versez go pretty much like ths:

I'll slam your body til the shoddy spontaneously combust you to dust particals
    these vicious arsenals literally obliterate your gutter by smashin you wth bar stools

Okay.. all that ^^^ is cool Deth, BUT NOT through out an entire verse. It getz annoying and boring after awhile. Here and there is fine, but honestly my nigg, you gotta show your creativity as a writer!

When we say punch more.. not display different wayz of using the wrdz "uppercutz, straight jabz, haymakerz, right and left hookz etc". We mean belittle, degrade, embarrasse and insult your opponent, wth as much witt, smartz and creativity as possible. Manipulate the meaningz of the wrdz you so commonly use, to expand your creativity as a writer.

Some of my fave linez from you Deth:

"I twist ya neck n hitcha with The Fist of Legend grip the weapon spit the Tek n
    DEVIL EYE BEAM FRY YOU like some shit from TEKKEN every FRICKIN SECOND!!"
    "There is no...way my siccer raps won't scissor ya gizzard,Black
    Punches dome you til stars n moons surround ya head like wizard hats!!"
    "Get flat backed n that's that! Gsus,my abusive diction
    Ain't a "thorn in ya side" it's the 'spear in ya hide' you didn't survive in crucifiction!"
    "You ain't winnin this spot! I'm spittin sicc drops splittin his top
    When I clap the heatahs? It's a WRAP FOR GSUS like CHRISTIAN HIP-HOP"

You know why i liked these^^^ Deth? They were creative and funny!!! You have to entertain us wth laughter, as well as wth violence.

Funny, violence, wrdplay, smart and clever punchez make great versez. You have a lot of potential, you'll get there if you take notez.

P.S. NEVER over flow your linez, it waterz dwn the effectiveness of your punchez. If your gonna do crazy rhyme-schemez? Do it n the set-up. Wow us wth punchez!!!

RBL is for punching, all that crazy flow and rhyme schemez good.. for the RSTL!

Okay, Deth?
    test
  8. Jai-Z

Jai-Z Bangem, Jai

True.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.