Week 5 RBL Rankings and Lounge

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Riot, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silentt L

Silentt L Registered Deity

Entertaining? He's a nuisance...
    test
  2. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

they say shit bout me, to ride my shine.. coat tail ridin bitcheS!
    test
  3. lyricalpriest

POINT PROVEN!

L's on my dick, because he wanna ride my shine! but he's frail he's a bitch
    and he ain't worth a line from my rhymes..:popcorn:
    test
  4. D-MONIK

D-MONIK Active Member

if by underestimate you mean not expecting him dropping an audio, a feed and there being dumb ass voters then yes

i completely underestimated him
    test
  5. Ion Metatron

Ion Metatron I Punch Faces 4 Fun

what other match types are you comming out with riot?

test
  6. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

Oh. I think I'm thinking of someone else actually. My bad
    test
  7. lyricalpriest

first off, you know how common it is to say "my raps are flame" or some shit?

had that bar for u, just so happened u opened ya verse up w/the same context i was writing about..not even really a feed, i just mentioned ya bars are flamed out on some gay shit.. then quoted you.. u hurting off that one lil punch? you over looking all my punchlines baby boy.. dropped the audio, bc EV was talking bout it that week.. and the voter's are dumb when they ain't voting for u, but they coo when they do vote for you?

such a fagot loser.. beat u here and in the Battle Boards. if i remember correctly.

idk.. i think we battle before..

LoL.. Raz tryna Sway the votes..

even after i tried to be a nice guy.. and give u the win

fuck it.. after i beat u this week. and keep my win.. i hope u learn something from this fagot
    test
  8. Silentt L

Silentt L Registered Deity

Lol@overlooking his punchlines, last week he was posting verses for critiques
    test
  9. lyricalpriest

fuck r u talking bout?

u make no sense

posting what verses for critiques?

yo is u deformed do u got 3 arm's nigga u stay reaching, with an open palm
    test
  10. D-MONIK

D-MONIK Active Member

we never battled wigger
    test
  11. lyricalpriest

ouch.....

not!
    test
  12. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

I read Jack's verse in our battle and it's a good one.I read the votes that were cast for both of us and at this point he's up 2-1.I try to glean something of worth and come up better each time I battle,whether I win or lose...and in this instance I'm reading some things that are a bit confusing.Not so much style preference; that I understand. What I don't understand is how some heads here grade punches and consider punches.

Make no mistake.I can look at this battle and know in my heart that I won it,so I'm cool with however the voters vote.I think Jack was FUNNIER.I think I was and am BETTER.However,I can also look at this battle and see that no matter what happens I can and will get better for it,and that's whassup to me.

I think that a bar-by-bar side by side comparison like the kind I use and what LP did that highlighted and directly compared and contrasted the comparable bars (Jack's opener with mine,his 3rd-4th bars with mine,or whatever bar-couplette of his you like with exactly the same bars in bar count with mine.So his 7th-8th bar compared to my 7-8th bars,etc) would be extra helpful here.So let's get it started.I know that RaZ felt that this bar from Jack:

"this puss's a martial artist, he's thinkin "who needs guns?"
    well the kick back from mine'll have you meetin' bruce lee's son"

was one of two killers that won RaZ's vote for Jack.That IS a dope line,lol,I liked it.However,if you compare my bar couplette I wrote at the same bar count that he wrote the bars above? I said:

"Jack I'll fade ya like you sipped the grog n snore ya with megachoruses
    Then wetcha corpus with blades in ya back like stegasauruses"

My opening bar continued a more sophisticated rhyme scheme from the previous bar and directly attacked him.I said:

DETH-"Jack I'll fade ya like you sipped the grog n snore ya with megachoruses"

JACK:"this puss's a martial artist, he's thinkin "who needs guns"?

To me,it's clear that I wrote the stronger bar.Do you agree? If so,why? If not,why not?

The second bar:

JACK--"well the kick back from mine'll have you meetin' bruce lee's son"

DETH--""Then wetcha corpus with blades in ya back like stegasauruses"

My couplette is fresher,and harder.I mean...we've seen Bruce Lee punches way more times over the years--like literally 50-100 time more--than we've seen anything approaching what I dropped in comparison cuz most heads don't know off top what a stegasaurus is (but if you show them a pic? They'll be like OOOHHHH YEEEEAH like the Kool-Aid man) and most heads don't have the vocab knowledge base or inclination to string together quintuple syllable rhymes that are also punches.That alone should elevate my couplette over Jack's.Not rhyming words...rhyming PUNCHES.That's just being real honest.So can you say what you thought were PUNCHES in our bars,compare and contrast them directly,and say why you think mine is better or his is better? Thanks.Not trying to sway...I'm trying to learn here.
    test
  13. DethStryque

SEVERITY voted for Jack and he said that he felt these bar-couplettes from Jack:
    his girl's got herps. this nerd is shook like "my lips hurt & gush"
    cuz nigga pulled a Moses.. and engaged in oral with that Burning Bush
    this puss's a martial artist, he's thinkin "who needs guns?"
    well the kick back from mine'll have you meetin' bruce lee's son

& they'll fish her^ body from the water days after i take her
    cuz i'ma pay homage to your city's garbage team when i Lak'er

so stop blarin' ya mouth bout how ya muscles keep the legs spread
    cuz takin her last breath in life's the only time you'll see a bitch on deth bed.

But when you compare what I said to Jack at the same bar count that Jack dropped the bars that impressed Severity? It's a interesting picture.

JACK--

his girl's got herps. this nerd is shook like "my lips hurt & gush"
    cuz nigga pulled a Moses.. and engaged in oral with that Burning Bush

DETH--

Raps slash this clown like Orm axes n splitcha bod! I'll fist ya squad plus lift the rod
    N make you swallow hollow lead hits til Hallow's Headless like Ichabod!!

My setup was harder and my following punch was at least as hard.Even if you say that my followup punch wasn't that hard,it's a relevant nameflip,creative punch attacking bar that when coupled with the clearly superior setup is the better bar-couplette.Imho.

JACK--
    & they'll fish her^ body from the water days after i take her
    cuz i'ma pay homage to your city's garbage team when i Lak'er

DETH--

My tunes collapse you like your spine's hewn n slashed through
    by knife bladed rhymes
    That strafes you with punches so dope you'll die faded with dilated eyes!

^^^I think Jack's "Lak'er" punch was the hardest punch of our bars,but his setup was weak and my punch wasn't far behind at all.Together my BAR-COUPLETTE WAS HARDER,but Jack had the SINGLE HARDEST BAR of the bunch.Imho.

JACK CLOSER--

so stop blarin' ya mouth bout how ya muscles keep the legs spread
    cuz takin her last breath in life's the only time you'll see a bitch on deth bed.

DETH CLOSER--

My pyroclastic eruptions's smashin this muffin with nuetronic phonics designed tuh blaze you!!
    Battle Deth? you'd be better off if Lycans raped you fried n baked you then lions ate you!!

Basically,Jack threw a souped up "gay" punch preceded by a weak setup and I threw two bars packed with fresh material from science to sorcery to animal savagery.We've seen gay punches a gajillion times;I rarely use them for that reason.In comparison and contrast with his finisher,my finisher is packed with fresh material yet again.Mine was the superior bar-couplette most likely,and if not superior? At least on equal footing when taken as a bar-couplette.So with all due respect and without dissin nobody I just want to have a better understanding of what you guys are looking for and maybe pull your coats to some stuff so that I can write stuff more toward your tastes and you guys can credit more of what I'm doing and where I'm coming from.Win-win for all of us.

No matter what? Hella battle,Jack.Respect.Outro
    test
  14. Tacky Jones

Deth, heres the thing. in a battle, it doesnt really matter who says what more cleverly. the point of this shit is to insult the battle. those big words aint helping you. the stegasaurus line wasnt an insult. the lions eating him wasnt an insult. you are not insulting him.

the shit youre saying is cool, but its not an insult.
    test
  15. DethStryque

Okay; so you value insults only? What about direct threats,nameplay,and punches of other calibre? How about FRESH insults and not predictable stuff? What about FRESH APPROACHES and punches that aren't restricted to just the same ole sandbox? If we all stay in only one area of the sandbox,we will soon run out of things to explore and everyone will sound alike,write alike,etc.Like the industry guys all sounded alike when 50 Cent was runnin thangs.I respect your position and I know that we're much different stylistically,but I can see and appreciate what you do man.It seems that there isn't sufficient versatility or the inclination to stretch beyond style preference to evaluate QUALITY regardless of style preference.Feel me?

Plus I think that if someone threatened so put blades in my back like stegasauruses...I'd be offended.That's both an insult and a threat.More threat than insult though.Don't these kinds of punches register with people?
    test
  16. Tacky Jones

i dont really see threats as insults. in person it'd be one thing. but saying you're gonna put blades in a dudes back over the internet loses its touch, in my opinion.

when i vote, usually i look at who came with the funniest insults. thats the way i judge.
    test
  17. Jai-Z

Jai-Z Bangem, Jai

Deth; ur strengthz as a battle rapper are: rhyme scheme, flow and visual punchez. U create great imagery, BUT like LP said, they never insult any1. Most of ur strengthz are ur weakness, bcz through out ur verse itz overly repetitive. U remind ur 1st verse against me? Was ur best verse. U were intellectual, violent, clever and funny. Ima help u out. K?
    Insult Example:"Damn ur mom gota long throat, she could swallow my kidz whn their grown". See? B disrespectful and hurtful. Dwn right embarrassng. B more versatile wth ur attackz.
    test
  18. lyricalpriest

LoL... ay, we can all learn something tho right... shit,next week my opponent better bring his murder game, Gungrat's too Raz 4 probly winnin' this week.. man, i didn't realize that this RBL really was just a roast fest, like fuck lyric's just tell a funny joke, in the most simple of rhyme form.. but look.. i can speak 4 my self, ima def take all this in, and prove my self to yawl's next week.. live by what i said in a previous verse...

I was taught to take respect makes other's earn to give...
    test
  19. BronzeAtlas

BronzeAtlas ...

Deth.

Real talk Jack ate you this week. no need to sway.
    test
  20. D-MONIK

D-MONIK Active Member

priest you should have known that what you were writing wasn't up to par...your from 2000 from christ sake
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.