WeeK 5-R.M.P.L.- UFC 146: Dos Santos vs Mir

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by LungZzZ, May 21, 2012.

?

Which fight will CONTAIN THE SUB OF THE NIGHT?

Poll closed Jun 2, 2012.
  1. Mir vs Junior!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Struve vs Johnson!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Cain vs Big Foot!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Nelson vs Herman!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Del Rosario vs Miocic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

Good point. Somehow I had not connected those dots.

Like I said, logically I think Cain will win. If I was betting money, I would bet on Cain as long as the odds weren't ridiculous.
    test
  2. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

fuckin mijocic
    test
  3. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Stipe ruined my clean sweep
    test
  4. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

wow

i owned this one
    test
  5. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

^ Everyone did, great night of picks. There was a lot of mismatch type fights, but the prelims would of fckd me pick wise.

GREAT JOB EVERYONE!! Check out the RANKINGS. THERE IS A NEW UPDATE IN THE HALL OF FAME SECTION....WITH MORE THEN 1 MEMEBER!
    test
  6. LungZzZ

If I do a review I'll check to make sure, but I'm assuming now, whoever voted for Struve/Johnson to be Sub of the Night with myself got that prediction DEAD-ON!
    test
  7. LungZzZ

^Yes, DemiGod and I were spot on with Sub of the Night, Thanks to everyone for participating, that was probably the most people we have got in on the poll in awhile.
    test
  8. Makabreli

Makabreli done

according to wiki, cain made his debut in october 2006

Brock - June 2007

That's not even a year of experience in brown pride's favor.

brock vs cain wasn't about experience as much as it was quality of training.
    test
  9. Makabreli

Makabreli done

btw,

<<<< 5-0

every fight went as expected except roy-herman. Nelson has nothing but the overhand right standing yet keeps hitting these dumbasses with it.
    test
  10. LungZzZ

^Yup you got HOF for this performance, along with a couple others.

Cain velasquez was training wrestling/MMA before Brock decided he wanted to be a UFC champ, and way after he had been a collegiate wrestler. Cain I believe is younger and has been training his whole life for the moments he faces in the Octagon, this isn't the case with Lesnar. I don't know if you see my experience point yet, but throwing huts to a QB in Minnesota wasn't helping Lesnar's boxing.
    test
  11. Makabreli

Makabreli done

I just wonder where you pull your facts.

Brock was a collegiate wrestler too. Cain played football in school.

Cain joined aka after college, and made his debut not even a year before Lesnar, and started off facing not as good competition.
    test
  12. LungZzZ

Yeah but Lesnar is how much years older and was trying to make the NFL/WWE....During all that BS Cain was Training.

mma
    test
  13. Makabreli

Makabreli done

true, but it really just boils down to quality of training > quantity here.

brock's training camp was built around him. when he stepped into the ring to spar, he got his ass kicked. when he got his ass kicked, they'd say "let's dial back on this and show you how to stifle subs once you hit the ground"

Cain's training camp wasn't built around him like this. when he stepped into the ring to spar the first few times, he undoubtedly got his ass kicked. but after this happened, they likely ordered him to do some extra rounds.
    test
  14. LungZzZ

^Once they both started training at the same time, i can agree that Cains may have been a better focused camp, but I feel your overlooking my point that Cain has been in this type of training environment longer then Brock. WHEN Brock entered the UFC, that is when he started TRAINING MMA, that wasn't the case with Cain.

I UNDERSTAND Brock was a collegiate wrestler too, but you can say IF ANYTHING, that was for 4 years of his life, 7 max. In 2000 he participated in his last tourney, winning, in highschool. 7 years PASSED before he entered the MMA world...He wasn't focusing on MMA or even wrestling training that whole time, and you best believe Velasquez was.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.