WeeK 5-R.M.P.L.- UFC 146: Dos Santos vs Mir

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by LungZzZ, May 21, 2012.

?

Which fight will CONTAIN THE SUB OF THE NIGHT?

Poll closed Jun 2, 2012.
  1. Mir vs Junior!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Struve vs Johnson!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Cain vs Big Foot!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Nelson vs Herman!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Del Rosario vs Miocic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

Your a fool bro I wasn't comparing skills, I stated a fact, too much of what Overeems taking?
    test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

fight of the night, hopefully nelson
    test
  3. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

your previous statement "he beat Frank Mir in a Jiu Jitsu expo time ago" was a fact, "lmao@ has no merit" is not a fact, its an opinion.

what i was addressing was that an event that happened years ago has no merit 9 years, which u seem to disagree brah
    test
  4. LungZzZ

your previous statement "he beat Frank Mir in a Jiu Jitsu expo time ago" was a fact, "lmao@ has no merit" is not a fact, its an opinion.

^Glad to know you know some things about literature?

Yeah, what I stated was fact, and "he beat Frank Mir in a Jiu Jitsu expo time ago" was the fact I was mentioning.

I disagree with you whole heartily. If Tyson got knocked out years prior sparring by some nobody, then eventually had to face that nobody 5 years later, that would be in both fighters minds.

YEAH, I get it, Roy Nelson isn't better than Frank Mir. Shit, Frank destroyed him and I called that. Both fighters are big-headed shit talkers, but Mir I actually like, and was really pulling for in the Nelson fight. YAY for the win though it was a snooze-fest at some points.

STILL see how Frank didn't have to much of an advantage on the ground, and couldn't advance in postion against Nelson like he as in past fights? Because they fought before, in the past...2 big HWs that have been into BJJ for what did you say 9 years?
    test
  5. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

i'm gonna change my bigfoot choice to cain
    test
  6. LungZzZ

smart man.
    Edit your picks though my memory is wack.
    test
  7. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Junior dos Santos
    Cain Velasquez
    Roy Nelson
    Stipe Miočić
    Stefan Struve
    test
  8. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

girls and bras?

:dead:
    test
  9. DogMeat

DogMeat New Member

Junior
    Cain
    Roy
    Del rosario
    Struve
    test
  10. LungZzZ

no Johnson? dundundun
    test
  11. Makabreli

Makabreli done

remember on the poll that there are undercard fights as well. the calf slicer happened on the prelims.

jds
    cain
    nelson
    struve
    miocic
    test
  12. LungZzZ

Since were only picking for the Main-Card I just put those fights to keep it simple for everyone. In the end of the day rarely the undercard fights get bonuses though, I remember 1 fight (I believe it was FOTN) was on the Undercard since we started the Predictions league. OF COURSE this undercard is BANANAS though, there could be a sub for CB or Jason (though I see a boring fight going down :p).
    test
  13. DogMeat

DogMeat New Member

Toughest pick on the card for me to make, Johnsons a g no doubt but i think Struve will pull it off
    test
  14. LungZzZ

tougher than Cain vs Bigfoot!?!?!? At-least we know what Struve/Johnson can do. Antonio on the other-hand....Is just going to lay down and die....or just surprise the fuck out of me (and I'm assuming u Dogmeat).
    test
  15. Makabreli

Makabreli done

id be surprised if cain didn't beat the holy shit out of bigfoot.

nelson-herman is a tough pick. herman is supposed to have better stand up, and nelson is supposed to be better on the ground. id say it's almost guaranteed to be a decision win for whoever imposes their game first, but ionno.

miocic and sdr... dunno. if miocic fights smart.

struve-johnson... toughy. johnson is finding a niche backing people against the cage and beating the piss out of them but struve goes about 50/50 on highlight reels in that situation, plus on the ground its no contest for struve. we'll see, more interesting fight to me than struve-hunt.
    test
  16. LungZzZ

Very true. Nelson does have a stand-up game, but Herman clearly has a size advantage...He is a big HW. Nelson has power in his hands though, and isn't sloppy enough to get dominated for 3 rounds standing (by Herman, also I don't think Dave could put in the type of work say a JDS did against Nelson). I'm thinking a TKO for Nelson round 2/3 maybe.

I have the same Opinion, but for Shane Del Rosario. He seems like the more talented fighter overall. I expect him to finish the Croatian.
    test
  17. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

I suppose I should explain my pick for Big Foot.

Cain reminds a lot of an underdeveloped Fedor (I know, just bear with me here).

He has great wrestling, okay submissions (I assume, anyways, hasn't really had a chance to put it on display), and powerful and effective, yet rather, "unrefined," stand up.

I can see him going at Silva and trying to KO him, which he could easily do, but I think Big Foot is smart enough to take it directly to the ground, where I think he can sneak in a submission, or at least keep Cain far enough away to keep trading to minimum.

It won't go to a decision. Either Cain is gonna KO him or Big Foot is gonna submit him, and I honestly think the former is going to happen, but since everyone is picking Cain, it'll be a good way to move into a more comfortable position at first, and I do think Big Foot has more of a chance than people are giving him credit for.
    test
  18. Makabreli

Makabreli done

I like bigfoot, but keep in mind that getting beat up by Cain on a daily basis is what made Daniel Cormier good enough to beat Silva.

Thing about Cain is he's a younger fighter than people seem to realize. When he beat Lesnar, a lot of people called it experience beating the talented but green Lesnar. Cain was 8-0 lol. He's a naturally gifted fighter that's still learning with a lot more dedication than Brock ever had for this sport.

He could still beat JDS, he just fought JDS's game and paid for it. Good learning experience.
    test
  19. DogMeat

DogMeat New Member

Good point i didnt have a hard time going with cain just because i feel he fought the tougher fighters and he has reliable cardio but bigfoot did give me a bad feeling about my choice yesterday at the weigh in, he looked motivated and tough
    test
  20. LungZzZ

Experience played a factor against Lesnar.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.