[Week 5] [Champ] 1. Kuja(4-0) vs 2. InsaneVillian(3-1)

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Tacky Jones, Feb 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

[​IMG]

VERSUS DUE: Every Friday @ 11:59 PM PST
    LINE LIMIT: Minimum of 16 lines, Maximum of 64
    ** NO RECYCLING, NO EXCEPTIONS **
    •Recycling is the equivalent to that of a no-show and will be treated as such, thus resulting in a loss in favor of the participant whom chose to recycle and a win in favor of his/her opponent
    •Extensions may only be granted if a moderator has given consent prior to a verse being posted in the match OR your opponent gives his consent. Failure to acknowledge an extension request results in it being granted.
    •If granted, the extension will override deadline for both participants extending it for no more than 24 hours
    •CHECK-INS are encouraged, but not required
    •Verses MUST incorporate AT LEAST 1 of the provided topics or pictures
    •A failure to show will result in a loss and a sign out by default. A no show in the tourney will result in elimination.
    •If your opponent fails to show, you MUST STILL post AT LEAST 4 lines (4-15) AND 3 voting links in order to claim victory. A failure to post voting links will result in a loss.
    •A Championship Title WILL NOT be decided by way of no-show!!!
    •If an opponent fails to show in a Championship match, the remaining participant will be ranked as the number 1 seed, but will not be considered a Champion until a win by vote
    •Upon your second no show, you will be suspended for two weeks of competition. A third no show will result in a three week suspension and a fourth will result in a suspension for the remainder of the season. There is no suspension for first time no showers.
    • Competitors are limited to posting 3 times in their own match, which allows for checking in, posting votes, and posting a verse. For each post over 3 unless deemed necessary by the mods, the competitor will be docked one vote.
    • Each competitor may only post once in another competitors battle allowing for a vote and nothing more, if you would like an explanation or to explain as to why a vote was cast a certain way, you can pm them or point things out properly in the vote to begin with. Violating this will result in losing a vote in your match.
    • A verse can be edited if and only if it is the first verse to be posted and the other verse has yet to be posted or it is the second verse posted and a vote has yet to be received.
    • Members found constantly disruptive to the league will have their sign-in ignored.

VOTING

VOTES DUE: Every Monday @ 8:59 PM PST

•You MUST vote on AT LEAST 5 matches AND post links in your thread
    •EACH link NOT POSTED will result in a 1 vote DEDUCTION
    •Voting on the Championship and Contender matches is mandatory
    •Champ and Contender links MUST be labeled accordingly
    •Your votes MUST be AT LEAST 2 FULL lines in length per verse in order to be deemed valid (Discretion given on incomplete verses)
    •Failure to vote and/or post LABELED LINKS will result in vote deductions in your battle
    •If your opponent fails to show, you still must vote on 3 matches as well as posting those links in your match!!! You WILL lose if you dont.
    •Voting is open until matches are closed. Deadlines are flexible!!!
    •Voting is open to PARTICIPANTS, RSTL MODERATORS, and PAST CHAMPIONS ONLY!!!
    •PAST CHAMPIONS MUST vote on a MINIMUM of 3 matches in order to be counted as a legitimate voter
    •Editing your vote for any reason must be done within the hour of the original post time. Otherwise, the vote will be null and void.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Any changes must be agreed upon by both participants and cleared by a moderator

MODERATORS ARE LAW OF THE LAND
    AIM NAMES
    T.a.C- thedude8125
    ShadowWarriorfs- ShadowWarriorfs
    test
  2. Insanevillian

Insanevillian STILL in CHARGE

test
  3. Kuja

Kuja Jack Skellington

In Also
    test
  4. Kuja

Kuja Jack Skellington

Week 5

The sky swirled grey such an eerie display
    Engulfed by war & its smokey decay..
    A spring chicken, a tale yet to be written
    Seeking bravery while keeping truth hidden
    Just a kid at heart trying to remember
    The family he had without losing his temper
    Missing his home now he felt alone..
    Trapped in a trench amougst a bloody cologne
    Deafening tones, shots fired while guts spilled
    Now a crimson pool of death as the pit filled
    Drowning in isolation his heart was pounding
    With death & fear consuming his surroundings
    The world went silent, his vision a thick mist
    Until he felt a tight grip round his weak wrist
    Light on his feet he was holstered over a shoulder
    & his life saved by an heroic veteran soldier
    Hours had passed but inside, the kid felt safe
    Taking refuge behind a tank with this new best mate
    His loving comrade, Johny was his name..
    Survived a dozen wars, a man of valor he became
    They sat hunched bitter & cold, it was frozen
    Wearing boots that neither could feel there toes in
    Not a word was spoken, they just sat & watched
    Barely taking time to blink for fear of the cost
    Gunfire became distant replaced by deaths existance
    Both men smiled as they survived the resistance
    They lit up cigerettes, a victory blaze
    Exchanging words of joy, as the young kid praised
    He owed his life to this man but both felt weak
    & after these moments of joy they both fell asleep
    The night was bitter & damp, the mist persisted
    A thousand tales of lost souls that slowly whispered
    Daybreak arrived, the sun sweeping the mist aside
    Revealing two crushed men both in death side by side
    Worn out & weak, the sleep itself was too strong
    Because the thing about this picture,
    Is the battletank had gone.

[​IMG]
    test
  5. Insanevillian

no boom this week... i had to drop an old piece that i never used in the rstl... but i did make an audio for it, you can pm me if your interested... maybe you could give me constructive criticism on it... really had no time to come up with anything new as my life this week has been a whirlwind, but i refuse to no show to a title match... using the topic I......,

It's My Life...

let me show you the history of my misery
    stabbin this paper with sorrow till my pencil bleeds
    envision me, the kid no one wants to be like
    see strife, jumped in the sandbox for not being white
    could see light, mom was white, cursed my black skin
    i lacked gin, so i was forced to see the truth back then
    attacked again mentally when moms died physically
    pops beat me crazy, nuts, i needed help clinically
    knsanity reigned supreme, to drugs i was a fiend
    unclean, low self esteem, no home at fifteen
    leaned on my vices, there's nothing like this
    no help needed, no one knew what a fucked up life is
    lifeless, but smart enough to find my way out
    lay out a plan, to not get my brains sprayed out
    a doubt crept into my thoughts, thickened the plot
    sought my savior, rapmusic kicked in and fought...

Its my life,
    feel the strife... the blade of the knife
    that pleads for me to take my life

Its my life,
    always fishin for my expedition,
    my composition on display for your comprehension..

with this head of sin, i knew doom was settling in
    like when hip hop flip flopped to the tip top, where metal was in
    my adrenaline races, paces, chases for remedy
    i asked the beatles for a clue, they said let it be
    but naturally i strive in life, showing resistance
    to these obstacles trying to wipe me from existance
    what is this? ohhh its weed, i need to cope
    i dont need the pope, with this in my lungs i see hope
    society dont need a rope to leave me hanging
    i believe some slanging, wouylf relieve the aching
    in my pockets, id rather see kids on crack and dope
    then to pay attention to the fact im broke
    im ready to choke and vomit cuz i cant palm it
    and i have a job to pay bills, but the rest no comment
    but i have a way to solve it, by giving you cancer
    sike, but for real tho, your listyening to the answer

Its my life,
    feel the strife... the blade of the knife
    that pleads for me to take my life

Its my life,
    always fishin for my expedition,
    my composition on display for your comprehension..

enter whores to a place you never went before
    where glass dicks are broken in your pussy for intercourse
    and of course it takes place in the mind of insanevillian
    where pains buildin, only released when i flow
    my brains spillin hatred onto these pages, outrageous rages
    waiting to be free and cageless, and im nameless
    only answering to my mask of death
    my life support drowns as i grip a flask for breath
    ask the meth about the drain life has insisted
    resistance is futile, everlating life i missed it
    kissed it all goodbye, easy as one nigh stands
    like the white man cut off the indians like a night stand
    i fight man, what good does religion do you?
    a christian would tattoo jesus on his dick, to put god in you
    what to do? sit back and cry at the cards your dealt
    then put faith in a higher power, cuz you have no faith in yourself
    as the floor melts due to my acidic perception
    my confessions of hard truths lead to my misconception​
    test
  6. Kuja

Kuja Jack Skellington

test
  7. doYen

doYen Man Above All

kuja...

to start i have never read your work and here are my thoughts and obstructive criticism the piece for me started slow in regards to flow and rhyme scheme but the usage of imagery gave the mood of your piece life and for me it kept me reading although i'm a fan of multi-syllabic rhyme your imagery and story it self kept me tuned in and by the last line i wasn't blown away but satisfied overall good piece strong meaning and the little twist was good i could close my eyes and almost imagine it .... 8.1/10

IV....

sup bro how you been it's been a while, anywaysorry for the unnecesary small talk, to the verse or let me say song, in a text point of few this was cool but it just seemed more like a reflection of you in a nut shell, it was hard to find a flow being i had no beat where i started catching a rythem in places it faded, i'm sure this would be an ok album cut, but for the topic to "I" i would have went more into detail and had a stronger peice then this, not saying it was bad i just wanted more, on a short note that would have been my critique minus your explanation above, however, it was still decent, good job my freind i'd like to hear the audio shoot me an e-mail .... 7.5/10

OVERALL....

this was a decent champ match not the best i've seen but kuja has potential in this league, and well I know what IV is capable of, with that being said IV is fam but the better man this week was KUJA/vote
    test
  8. Insanevillian

test
  9. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer no ESCAPE

Ku:
    You always paint such a marvellous picture with your words, smooth and subtle.. This had such strong emotion in it without being over powering.. You can feel the connection through the war torn characters and the twist at the end was sweet.. Pretty cool drop dude.. Nice one..

IV:
    Jam packed with emotion.. This was purely a drop of your life, essence of IV lol.. but seriously it was pretty cool.. The rhythm of the piece was solid and so was your structure.. I like the personal touch and it did sound nice on audio..

"a christian would tattoo jesus on his dick, to put god in you"

^LMAO

Sweet drop dude..

Vote = kuja

His portrait of even a war environment is displayed with such grace.. I dont want to take anything away from IV's personal encounters but damn Kuja delivered some smooooth work.. Top match guys and GL
    test
  10. Defcon_5

Defcon_5 Relax and take notes

gotta roll with kuja here, although i feel his piece was missing something to really grab the reader into u, IV i can tell ur piece was more of a song than a story. I haven't listened to the track due to my net being messed up but it read just like a song. Kuja had a nice piece, lots of imagery in it but in my opinion he took too much time describing the scene around this soldier than he did developing his story but in the end it still grabbed my attention more than IV's piece

vote=kuja
    test
  11. pestilence

pestilence now believes he's hyphy.

This is the one thing that I had a hard time with in this league.

I'll explain.

Kuja. Pretty good story. If you would have added more bars... IMHO... I think it would have been better because none of your bars disappointed me at all... therefore, I'm assuming by adding more it would have been more impressive. Like I said imagery was good... I could have imagined it better in a 64 bar piece. Your flow and structure are very smooth as well. That's something I need to do in my writings. I can take a tip from you here on how to. Well done.

IV- With that said ^^ I would have probably rathered to have listened to your piece more than Kuja's in an audio format. I think thats based on my tastes though as I don't like war anything (movies, shows, games... and I guess literary pieces either)... and with that also being said... What you have here is a song... and I don't know if its a song thats really geared to what people try to do in this league... (and I totally get it... I would never ever listen to anyone try to rap what I write for this league... I, personally, think it would be bad)... but overall I liked this...

Vote- Kuja. And it was pretty close but I liked both. As doyen said, I know too what IV is capable of in this style of writing and he could have won this battle.... but Kuja just had him in this matchup.

Although... IV... I would like to hear this... and I hardly listen to any type of hip hop music.
    test
  12. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

well, i liked both of these, but one i liked much much better

kuja
    your story had good imagery and empathizable feelings, although the story was fairly simple, the way it was told drew me in, the flow and rhymes were very on nothing super spectacular, but no real complaints there, and the end, i actually didn't really take a good look at the picture before hand and didn't notice the tank, i read the battle tank moved on line, like, what's he talkin' about, then looked at the picture and it was a nice wrap up twist ending. i like how it was brought from like terror to safety and creature comfort and building up to a nice positive ending, then wham...they die, but i sorta felt good for them, like, the battle was won, they died in their sleep rather than suffer being shot...nice piece all around

IV
    i did like this lyrically, but it just wasn't too engaging to me, just another story of a hardlife teen, drugs debt and deity stuff, as a random song i could see liking it, but the lyricism, although nice, was not enough to trump a good story, some of the rhymes were repeating words or just a very basic "first thought" word to rhyme with, not really bad in song, but, definitely lacking in a written format, i did however really like the meaning of the bridge/hook thing, but the word choice just seemed off, regardless though it was still alright as a whole

vote = Kuja
    test
  13. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Kuja wins 5 to -4
    test
  14. Pent uP

Pent uP I'd Like to Fight Ten Men

Super last minute votes

Kuja - Your verse had good imagery and a nice structure to it. I think you did well with the flip in such a medium sized piece (in reference to the lines used). You could work on your rhyming mechanics a bit but the wording itself was pretty good.

IV - I like the topical approach - its something I've found rare from you. Your piece had better flow and was more reflective than your opponents. I think that your approach was a little 'flat' in the sense that it could've been more creative.

overall - I think the creativity behind kuja's verse edged it for me - it made the verse more engaging.

Kuja
    test
  15. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.