[Week 48] [Contender] 3. Coup d'etat(2-0) vs 4. T.a.C(10-6)

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Tacky Jones, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

[​IMG]

VERSES
    VERSUS DUE: Every Friday @ 11:59 PM PST
    LINE LIMIT: Minimum of 16 lines, Maximum of 64
    ** NO RECYCLING, NO EXCEPTIONS **
    •Recycling is the equivalent to that of a no-show and will be treated as such, thus resulting in a loss in favor of the participant whom chose to recycle and a win in favor of his/her opponent
    •Extensions may only be granted if a moderator has given consent prior to a verse being posted in the match OR your opponent gives his consent
    •If granted, the extension will override deadline for both participants extending it for no more than 24 hours
    •CHECK-INS are encouraged, but not required
    •Verses MUST incorporate AT LEAST 1 of the provided topics or pictures
    •A failure to show will result in a loss and a sign out by default
    •If your opponent fails to show, you MUST STILL post AT LEAST 5 lines (4-15) AND 3 voting links in order to claim victory
    •A Championship Title WILL NOT be decided by way of no-show!!!
    •If an opponent fails to show in a Championship match, the remaining participant will be ranked as the number 1 se
    ed, but will not be considered a Champion until a win by vote
    •Upon your second no show, you will be suspended for two weeks of competition. A third no show will result in a three week suspension and a fourth will result in a suspension for the remainder of the season. There is no suspension for first time no showers.
    • Competitors are limited to posting 3 times in their own match, which allows for checking in, posting votes, and posting a verse. For each post over 3 unless deemed necessary by the mods, the competitor will be docked one vote.
    • Each competitor may only post once in another competitors battle allowing for a vote and nothing more, if you would like an explanation or to explain as to why a vote was cast a certain way, you can pm them or point things out properly in the vote to begin with. Violating this will result in losing a vote in your match.
    • A verse can be edited if and only if it is the first verse to be posted and the other verse has yet to be posted or it is the second verse posted and a vote has yet to be received.
    • Members found constantly disruptive to the league will have their sign-in ignored.

VOTING

VOTES DUE: Every Sunday @ 11:59 PM PST

•You MUST vote on AT LEAST 5 matches AND post links in your thread
    •EACH link NOT POSTED will result in a 1 vote DEDUCTION
    •Voting on the Championship and Contender matches is mandatory
    •Champ and Contender links MUST be labeled accordingly
    •Your votes MUST be AT LEAST 2 FULL lines in length per verse in order to be deemed valid (Discretion given on incomplete verses)
    •Failure to vote and/or post LABELED LINKS will result in vote deductions in your battle
    •If your opponent fails to show, you are still accountable for voting on 3 matches as well as posting those links in your match and labeling the CHAMP and CONTENDER respectively!!!
    •Votes posted AFTER DEADLINE will NOT COUNT!!!
    •Voting is open to PARTICIPANTS, RSTL MODERATORS, and PAST CHAMPIONS ONLY!!!
    •PAST CHAMPIONS MUST vote on a MINIMUM of 3 matches in order to be counted as a legitimate voter
    •Editing your vote for any reason must be done within the hour of the original post time. Otherwise, the vote will be null and void.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Any changes must be agreed upon by both participants and cleared by a moderator

MODERATORS ARE LAW OF THE LAND
    AIM NAMES
    T.a.C- thedude8125
    ShadowWarriorfs- ShadowWarriorfs
    test
  2. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

Checkers mother flower.
    test
  3. Tacky Jones

this is chess not checkers, these are warning shots
    after your next move i'll give you what i got
    test
  4. Coup d'état

This is what I'm Thinking

a topical

I like to offer different angles on important topics
    Twisting my mouth to strangle gossip on popular logic
    And so what ? It's my choice to spit against the wind
    To counter the claims deployed despite the friction it pins
    And I've always felt it a dangerous stance to simply agree
    What does this grant you ? If you ask me, its fleecing the free
    So lost with it all...at correcting a cause which corrodes
    Like iron on a tin can, paused to rust away old rail roads

And if I may, allow me to be self-righteous, you ignorant kids
    For are we nimble saying that in intellect stands bliss ?
    I tell the truth, none may flip in another's mental gymnasium
    Ideas spring shut answers cremated in some skeletal stadium
    Once you leave this athletic chess you're a means to an end
    In a fashion sense, fitted fast without lock, fit to offend
    Then choke-slammed into the All Seeing Eye of Compliance
    That is, co-planned into a dying pen of no self reliance

So, if nothing is as it seems and lies do exist
    Who's ready to wake up and stand up to this ?
    Listen to the quantifying reality hitting empirical bats
    Qualifying this genius virtuosity, wearing old harmonic hats

That is to say,

FOX, CNN, NBC. All assemble us in great flexibility
    An ensemble pridefully disguised behind wide vulnerabilities
    Divide and conquer, make no room for wrong answers
    To export lies and import big blooms of societal cancers
    So, you tickle your own Elmo. I Drop news anchor elbows
    Set truth to News by coring out real flavored apples

Didn't I tell you ?

I like to offer different angles on important topics
    Twisting my mouth to strangle gossip on popular logic
    If you think you are mentally smart, smooth and skilled
    Remember: shit is false if you are spoon fed this ooze as milk
    Because Pseudo Intellect bows to illuminated minds
    Find the time to insinuate this and please plot this find

In the end,

Timid is the blinded, though, superiority never minded
    National syndicated trauma shows us just who is binded
    This media culture, dizzies society like flying saucers
    Nitpicking the free fallen, thus sky diving like vultures

test
  5. Tacky Jones

test
  6. Tacky Jones

1, 2, 3, 4, i know im a dirty whore
    5,6,7,8, family came, they stayed late
    9,10, wont happen again
    11,12, vote for me or go to hell

okay so i wont be posting this week. sorry. busy week. heres my no show verse. jus so you arent completely disappointed, heres a joke.

this old couple is traveling through jeruselum. on the trip, the old lady falls sick and passes away. the man is at the funeral home where the funeral director explains either he can bury here there in the holy land for or ship her back to the U.S. but shipping her would cost more. he stops and thinks about it for a second before saying, "i think i'll ship her back". the funeral director is absolutely shocked and says "why would you want to ship her back when she could be buried here in the holy land for cheaper?" the man responds, "well, you see, i heard this story about a person being buried out here, and a few months later he came back to life. i dont think i can risk that."

fuck it, heres another. this texan guys wife's giving birth and the man is sitting out in the waiting room. after a bit the nurse comes out, "sir, sir, your wife just gave birth to an 18 pound baby boy." the man just shrugs. the nurse is shocked as she goes back in. an hour later she runs out, "sir, sir, your wife just gave birth to a second 18 lb baby boy." the man shrugs again. the nurse asks "sir, what the hell is wrong with you. any man would be proud to have one 18 lb baby boy, but you have two." the man responds, "ma'am, im from Texas, and down here everythings bigger. take my cock for example. big as a stove pipe." the nurse says "we'll you better go blow the soot out of the stove pipe because the babies are black."

sorry fellas, hope the jokes make up for me not having a verse.
    test
  7. IAmBenT

IAmBenT Eat a dick, faggot

LMAO great jokes.

a really fantastic topical from Coup. spot on analysis blended with poetic outrage. i like the play on intellect being bliss, rather than the old saw touting ignorance, i like that image too of dropping news anchor elbows, funny and evocative. solid verse, rhymes were a bit odd and forced at times but the message was strong
    test
  8. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

Coup - this reminded me a bit of Uncle Sam Goddamn by Brother Ali. There were segments that I was truly really into especially your last 4 bars. Some of this got derailed a bit by you continuously beating home the same message without really expanding upon it and the flow suffered for content. While in most cases that's fine, when you're doing a topical like this it really needs to have a smooth flow so that the reader can stay into it otherwise it begins to feel preachy. This was one of the better verses I've seen from you though so keep at it.

TaC - Son, I am disappoint. How're you gonna no-show after asking for an extension and not even post a 16 line no-show verse. Furious masturbation from years of virginity derail you this week?
    test
  9. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

Coup- last thing I said and first thing that came outta my mouth very moment I completed this verse was “oooooh daaaaaamn” yo bro u went zack de la rocha on it with this real talk.. you brought power and fierceness with bomb imagery about a topical of ur own approach and personally unique angle. Loved the whole verse thru.. no need to quote.. see verse.

T.A.C. I seriously think im going to vote for you bro. I mean who is this guy coup right? Always comin’ in here with these hot ass verses consistently and shit.. shittin’ on nigga’s like GL? and I heard he from GFU too so I don’t wanna crew vote.. u know I don’t want it to be obvious but I can’t help it.. but the jokes where funny especially if u made them up

Vote coup
    test
  10. nom is dull.

nom is dull. but shines up pretty.

coup - some of the verse just felt a little bogged down in unneeded wording. also i'm pretty sure apples and elbows doesn't rhyme. bits of it felt like you were just flexing vocab without it needing to be flexed. not the best piece i've read from you but it was alright. i did really like 'so, you tickle your own elmo'. and the flow on 'If you think you are mentally smart, smooth and skilled
    Remember: shit is false if you are spoon fed this ooze as milk' was brilliant. smooth and skilled / ooze as milk was a brilliant little slant rhyme that i enjoyed very much.

tac - shit jokes.

vote - coup.
    test
  11. Tacky Jones

test
  12. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

I liked the 2nd joke.. lmfao
    test
  13. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

I thought was a nice read. The vocab was good and the rhymes were solid. I thought the story could have been more interesting. Something to really get my mind going. i'm starting to feel sick so i don't really have the energy to go much more into this. Good verse here. Good luck in the champ match next week.

Coup wins
    test
  14. Coup d'état

test
  15. Tacky Jones

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.